Is a follow-up to "Xiaolin Showdown/Chronicles" possible?

Latest News & Videos

Vuxovich

Jul 9, 2019
Čonoplja near Sombor
Considering that Christy Hui, the woman behind Xiaolin Showdown/Chronicles, was recently busy with a documentary that is 9 Dragons Tea, I still hope that a new Xiaolin project is in development. If this is NOT possible, then I will tell you many reasons why:

1. Stephen Sustarsic, one of Xiaolin Showdown/Chronicles' chief writers, passed away in October 2018. I hope Christy Hui gets a replacement.
2. Warner Bros. hated Xiaolin Chronicles, probably because they thought that this show was a in name-only adaptation of Xiaolin Showdown created by different people.
3. Legal issues. That's all.
4. The producers behind Xiaolin Chronicles (Christy Hui et alibi) losing rights to Warner Bros.
5. Lack of overseas interest.
6. Unclear ownership of the Xiaolin franchise.

I would like to hear your opinions. Will you please tell me is a follow-up to Xiaolin Showdown/Chronicles possible? On the other side, there was going to be a Xiaolin Dragons graphic novel, but that thing got stuck in development hell.

Last edited:

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Austin, Texas
Xiaolin Chronicles was such a mess, it had badly dated 3D that looked like it came from 1998, introduced a character that was their own Scrappy Doo, unsatisfying storylines, lack of voice actors, and characters not nearly as engaging as before. Given how Warner Bros, and all sorts of problems with executive meddling got in it's way. I don't think trying for a 3rd time would give any success than the previous incarnation.

Vuxovich

Jul 9, 2019
Čonoplja near Sombor
Xiaolin Chronicles was such a mess, it had badly dated 3D that looked like it came from 1998, introduced a character that was their own Scrappy Doo, unsatisfying storylines, lack of voice actors, and characters not nearly as engaging as before. Given how Warner Bros, and all sorts of problems with executive meddling got in it's way. I don't think trying for a 3rd time would give any success than the previous incarnation.
Whatever is the case, I love Xiaolin Chronicles.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
I think the best chance of another Xiaolin-series to be possible and to succeed is if the new series follows up after Xiaolin Showdown and ignore everything Xiaolin Chronicles. Having the show owned by whoever owned Xiaolin Showdown would also help greatly since things wouldn't need to be renamed like in Xiaolin Chronicles.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
I would have the next Xiaolin series being a broad strokes sequel to Chronicles as in that notable events from Chronicles remained in canon, though played out differently, not to mention that I felt the Xiaolin Dragons should've avoided the Smurfette Principle by adding another female member.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm so glad that Uncle Grandpa is getting more respect as time goes on.
How come X-Men Evolution aired on Kids' WB instead of Fox Kids, despite...

-WB owning Marvel's rival DC
-Fox showing the preceding cartoon, X-Men(and indeed all Marvel cartoons inbetween those two not counting UPN's Hulk and the syndicated Fantastic Four/Iron Man)
-The show coming off the heels of the X-Men movie... made by Fox
R.I.P. 20th Century Fox
New game: The List
One week from now you'll know where it is.