"Invincible" Animated Series News & Discussion (Spoilers)

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Even more casting news:
Lauren Cohan, Sonequa Martin-Green, Chad Coleman, Michael Cudlitz, Lennie James and Ross Marquand have joined the cast of the hourlong animated series from Kirkman, Cory Walker and artist Ryan Ottley. Kirkman revealed the new castings today during his Comic-Con@Home virtual panel.
Cohan will voice War Woman, Coleman is Martian Man, Cudlitz portrays Red Rush, James is Darkwing, Marquand voices The Immortal & Aquarius and Martin-Green is Green Ghost.

Frontier

Staff member
They did a pretty amazing job adapting Corey Walker's art (unsurprising since he's the character designer) with a dash of that action-adventure anime-esque artstyle :).

It's kind of interesting to see this going so much for Walker's art considering how much Ryan Ottley contributed to the comic and Invincible's look. I wonder what some of the stuff more associated with Ottley will look like...

Everyone looks amazing. Amber is confirmed race-bent and it looks like Invincible and Rex are fighting Monster Girl? Maybe for her audition :confused:?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
There will be a panel for the show at the New York Comic-Con.
Invincible, Oct. 8 4:50PM EST
Creator and executive producer Robert Kirkman teases what fans can anticipate from this upcoming adult animated series, based on his iconic comic book by the same name, which revolves around 17-year old Mark Grayson, who’s just like every other guy his age – except his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet, Omni-Man.

Frontier

Staff member
Looks like it captures the feel of the comic pretty well :).

Hey, the Flaxxon's :D.

Looks like Mark catching DA Sinclair will happen this season. It was actually a fair bit into the book before that actually happened, so they do seem to be speeding things up a bit :ack:.

Monster Girl's transformation looks more "magical" than it did in the comic but given it's from a curse, it actually makes more sense ;).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Vinton Heuck (The Batman, Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Young Justice, Transformers Prime, Harley Quinn) mentions working on the show as a director. He also mentioned there will be hour long episodes.

Frontier

Staff member
Vinton Heuck (The Batman, Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Young Justice, Transformers Prime, Harley Quinn) mentions working on the show as a director. He also mentioned there will be hour long episodes.

I wasn't expecting a mix of half-hour and hour long episode...of course there's plenty of material for them to get through :p.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The initial announcement for the show mentioned it would be an hour-long animated drama, with 8 episodes in the first season. So I think there will be only hour long episodes, similar to the formats of Justice League or Spider-Man Maximum Venom, I guess.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The initial announcement for the show mentioned it would be an hour-long animated drama, with 8 episodes in the first season. So I think there will be only hour long episodes, similar to the formats of Justice League or Spider-Man Maximum Venom, I guess.
Meaning that it would be the equivalent of sixteen 30-minute episodes.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Even more additions to the cast were announced. Ezra Miller, Mahershala Ali, Clancy Brown, Nicole Byer, Jeffrey Donovan, Jonathan Groff, Jon Hamm and Djimon Hounsou.
Throughout the first season of eight hour-long episodes, Miller will voice D.A. Sinclair while Ali will voice Titan, a fan-favorite villain from the series. Other additions include Clancy Brown as Damien Darkblood, Nicole Byer as Vanessa & Fiona, Jeffrey Donovan as Machine Head, Jonathan Groff as Rick Sheridan, Jon Ham as Steve, and Guardians of the Galaxy star Djimon Hounsou as Martian Emperor.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I found out that the original All That is not created by Dan Schneider. Is that true?
WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!

Featured Posts