"Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus!" News & Discussion Thread

chum_chum

Variety is a pretty reliable source and they mentioned Comedy Central as the network of the movie, maybe they will try to do a [as] Samurai Jack?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Variety is a pretty reliable source and they mentioned Comedy Central as the network of the movie, maybe they will try to do a [as] Samurai Jack?

Their own article doesn't mention CC at all. It specifically says it'll go to Nickelodeon.

...err, you DO realize the name of the network is COMEDY Central, not ACTION Central?

Invader Zim is a comedy show. A dark absurdist comedy, but still a comedy nonetheless.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I can almost hardly believe this is real. I'm just glad all the original voice actors are coming back, especially Melissa Fahn (Ed from Cowboy Bebop).

Also why would this be on Comedy Central? It's Invader Zim movie. Not Brickleberry.

Yeah Invader Zim had some darkness and edge to it, but even Nickelodeon has had its fair share of edgy animation over the years. I don't need to see a TV-MA Invader Zim. It was fine without an overt TV-MA style.

kanc

I can almost hardly believe this is real. I'm just glad all the original voice actors are coming back, especially Melissa Fahn (Ed from Cowboy Bebop).

Also why would this be on Comedy Central? It's Invader Zim movie. Not Brickleberry.

Yeah Invader Zim had some darkness and edge to it, but even Nickelodeon has had its fair share of edgy animation over the years. I don't need to see a TV-MA Invader Zim. It was fine without an overt TV-MA style.
it's really in Nickelodeon, not Comedy Central, as @Daikun pointed out

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Although it probably is a mistake, there's no reason for Comedy Central to air it. Comedy Central UK used to air SpongeBob, and for some reason, is currently airing the Wipeout game show.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
You know I don't even know where the Comedy Central rumors came from considering

A. The teasers for IZ coming aka the most official proof of this being a thing are posted on the Nickelodeon youtube channel with the Nickelodeon logos pretty much confirming this is still going to be a Nickelodeon product

B. Though Comedy Central airs Futurama (which is comedy sci fi like Invader Zim) that was a FOX acquistion who has a history allowing other shows to play their animated series espeically ones they no longer have any interest in. Nickelodeon after what happened with Doug and then Ren and Stimpy no longer really takes chances with their properites finished or not so if there was going to be an IZ revival it would be on Nick and no where else.

I'm sure if it's made for the old school fans it will be a bit more adult then we got before but I have a feeling this will still air on mainstream Nick so we aren't getting like a Samurai Jack bloody revival but should still be a good one.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
It's crazy to think this show first came on 16 years ago, and it's arguably more popular now than it ever was when it was actually on the air for just two seasons and 27 episodes. 28 if you count the original pilot.

I haven't been keeping on Melissa Fahn a lot lately, but I'm so happy she'll be working on this project as well.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts