"Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus!" News & Discussion Thread

Ghostbuster

Inside No. 9
The amount of new content far outweighs the amount of reboots/comebacks. About 97% of Nick's upcoming programming is original.

Light Lucario

Staff member
It's also important to note that all of the revivals thus far seem to be specials/movies. Aside from the Hey Arnold special, I don't think that any of the revivals have a release date either. While I wouldn't be too surprised if a proper reboot/new series of an older series does happen down the road, they are primarily going with specials/movies for now, which is probably for the best given the target demographic. They aren't going overboard with the concept either given how some of the revivals have just been announced and there are still plenty of original material on the channel.

Zeether

HASSHA!!
I stand corrected on the Vasquez/Nick thing, forgot about the TMNT short. Maybe this is real? I'm just not sure about it since he's always firmly said Zim's never getting more animated stuff.

Last edited:

chum_chum

I stand correct on the Vasquez/Nick thing, forgot about the TMNT short. Maybe this is real? I'm just not sure about it since he's always firmly said Zim's never getting more animated stuff.
He used to say Zim will never get any kind of stuff, period. He was very mad at Nick, maybe his attention span is so short that he can be mad only at one network at the time and since Disney messed him over with Very Important House, he is fine working for Nick again. Thank god no one told him there's Cartoon Network

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
He was very mad at Nick, maybe his attention span is so short that he can be mad only at one network at the time

I don't think I could call 14 years a "short" attention span. I'd say that's plenty of time to get over a grudge.

chum_chum

I don't think I could call 14 years a "short" attention span. I'd say that's plenty of time to get over a grudge.
It's not like Jhonen stopped being shady towards them when the show ended production. I definitely remember his social media remarks and I'm a fetus with severe ADHD. At least it wasn't on Greenblatt levels.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member

Unfortunately, no.

Ghostbuster

Inside No. 9

"The voices behind Invader Zim (Richard Horvitz), Gaz (Melissa Fahn) and Gir (Rikki Simons) got together to record an episode of the Nickelodeon Animation Podcast, premiering Friday, January 6th! Go behind the scenes on record day and get a preview of the next WORLD-DOMINATING episode."

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

"The voices behind Invader Zim (Richard Horvitz), Gaz (Melissa Fahn) and Gir (Rikki Simons) got together to record an episode of the Nickelodeon Animation Podcast, premiering Friday, January 6th! Go behind the scenes on record day and get a preview of the next WORLD-DOMINATING episode."
Well I guess @chum_chum was right. Didn't realize podcasts took that long to make (unless they recorded a few in the same week).

Also, I don't know why I didn't think of doing this before, but I've changed title to indicate that this is only possibly happening since all we have is Greenblatt's now deleted Tumblr post. If it gets officially confirmed, I'll change the title again.

Last edited:

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry for double posting, but the podcast is up. There wasn't anything that came off to me as hinting towards the movie, but I thought I'd post it here in case anyone is interested.

Zeether

HASSHA!!
Good to see Jhonen back on good terms with Nick. I wasn't big on Zim but this is fantastic news.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

CNC
today's my birthday, but it's more of a "sad birthday" than a "happy birthday" to me, because I'm still having a mental breakdown over my past. ugh.
Asa wrote on wonderfly's profile.
With the Omicron variant spreading in South Africa, do you think it's a good time to reopen the COVID-19 discussion board or are you going to keep it closed for good?
This special is worth it just to see Ben Schwartz rap about latkes.

someone once told me that the Korean language is like if the Chinese and Japanese languages melted into each other and came up with something different
The Loud House > Riverdale

Featured Posts