5,064 41
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
If Greenblatt keeps running his mouth he's gonna get blacklisted from the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been worried about that too. While I can understand his frustration over how his show is being treated and I still like how he is going all out with his feelings towards the channel, I am worried that he'll burn too many bridges at this point and make it more difficult to work for other channels in the future, although his choices are rather limited when I can't see him sticking with Nickelodeon or going back to Cartoon Network right now. I imagine that he was given the okay to provide this information, or at least I hope he was since that might make things even more difficult for him if he wasn't.

Anyway, an Invader Zim movie makes sense. It was a pretty popular series with a strong following, so it would be another reasonable choice in their revivals. I wasn't a huge fan of the series myself, but a movie sounds like it could be interesting depending on where they go with the story and characters.

19MagiswordLane

Toonzone's Crooner of Carnage, babe!
Mar 19, 2016
Ratings
538 1
So, what happen to the Invader Zim comics? I thought they were suppose to continue the series?

Also, that makes sense: ever since Disney bought and shelved Very Important House, Vasquez has been out of work.

Last edited:

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Ratings
5,064 41
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com

chum_chum

Jun 11, 2014
Ratings
167 2
I can't imagine Jhonen making a new Zim thing considering how adamant he's been that Nick does not want him back.
Nick made a complete 180 with it's old brands. They try to win credibility with those creator driven specials that are cheaper to make than new seasons, I'm pretty sure projects like this and Rocko are pretty much vanity projects that were ordered to save face. The Zim comics are doing well, so why not. Maybe Vasquez signed an NDA and he can't say anything (he didn't deny tho), while Greenblatt just knows it because they work in the same studio and decided to ruin the surprise because he's mad at Viacom rn

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon analyst, PPG artist.
Jan 10, 2015
Ratings
7,450 88
Raleigh, North Carolina
www.youtube.com
I don't think it'll be a reboot.
I meant that there are so many returning old shows (the upcoming Rocko TV movie and the upcoming Legends of the Hidden Temple TV Movie, not to mention the upcoming Muppet Babies reboot), why can't they make something new for a change?

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Ratings
1,954 10
Elizabeth,NJ
I meant that there are so many returning old shows (the upcoming Rocko TV movie and the upcoming Legends of the Hidden Temple TV Movie, not to mention the upcoming Muppet Babies reboot), why can't they make something new for a change?
Well it's only just a movie and will probably end up cancelled like most planned cartoon movies. And we are still getting original content as well.