"Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon" (Inuyasha Sequel) Discussion Thread

tykroma94

For the dub of Yashahime, I have a feeling it's going to be recorded at two studios. For the OG characters, they'll bring back the Ocean crew and for the new characters, they'll use Bang Zoom LA Actors for those. I'll probably premiere on Toonami too.

zoombie

Please tell me this is just a wikipedia rumor that Rin is Towa and Setsuna's mother. I know demons don't age like humans do, but still I don't know how to feel about that. Sesshomaru and Rin relationship was a father / daughter dynamic in the original. Than again Sesshomaru mating a woman at all and fathering children, hard to imagine.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
For the dub of Yashahime, I have a feeling it's going to be recorded at two studios. For the OG characters, they'll bring back the Ocean crew and for the new characters, they'll use Bang Zoom LA Actors for those. I'll probably premiere on Toonami too.

What would be the benefit of hiring two independent companies to dub a show? I can't even name you a single long anime dub that's mixed Canadian and American actors for more than minor cameos.

tykroma94

What would be the benefit of hiring two independent companies to dub a show? I can't even name you a single long anime dub that's mixed Canadian and American actors for more than minor cameos.
Fair enough. But I hope Viz uses Ocean again because they haven't used them in almost a decade, 8 years to be exact.

Vuxovich

Agreed! I am very glad about the idea.

What would be the benefit of hiring two independent companies to dub a show?

Such dub would turn out very nicely. Well, the dub of Bakugan: Battle Planet is a Toronto/Vancouver co-production.

Last edited:

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Such dub would turn out very nicely. Well, the dub of Bakugan: Battle Planet is a Toronto/Vancouver co-production.

Bakugan is solely recorded in Toronto at Wanted! Sound & Picture.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Please tell me this is just a wikipedia rumor that Rin is Towa and Setsuna's mother. I know demons don't age like humans do, but still I don't know how to feel about that. Sesshomaru and Rin relationship was a father / daughter dynamic in the original. Than again Sesshomaru mating a woman at all and fathering children, hard to imagine.
Well, I do know that the Sessrin pairing had been popular with fans even before Yashahime despite the fact that Sesshomaru had a canonical love interest during Inuyasha as in Kagura.

Vuxovich

Well, looks like Yashahime is getting a dub, and guess what type of cast it is....(Hint, it's not Ocean).

Looks like I am right, dear tykroma94. The dub will be indeed some sort of Los Angeles/Vancouver co-production. ;)

ShayL

Surprised no one else has mentioned this and I didn't know where else to put this. I saw the previous post about who was cast as the three Princess Half Demons but there's good news for fans of the original series. It's been confirmed the original voice actors for Inuyasha, Sesshomaru, Shippo, Miroku and Sango will be returning for the English dub. Kagome will have her Final Act voice actress but I'm excited Richard Cox and the others will be back. I've never heard of the voice actors who will be doing Adult Kohaku and Miroku/Sango's son Hisui but I'm excited to see what they will bring to the table.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I guess this is Kirby Morrow's last role and if Miroko ever appears again, it will definitely have to be with him recast. :(

Vuxovich

It will likely be someone in Bang Zoom's talent pool for Miroku.
Then how about Khoi Dao or Mark Allen Jr. as Miroku?

Ninjago's voice cast seem to come from a whole bunch of different places so I have no idea who will get that role.
Why "a whole bunch of different places"? I thought that Ninjago is solely recorded in Vancouver.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Why "a whole bunch of different places"? I thought that Ninjago is solely recorded in Vancouver.

Yeah. All voice actors listed appear to be Canadian. I guess they might not come from a specific studio, but they are all Canadians.

Bruke01

Inuyasha Sequel old recipe and similar taste, fans of Inuyasha will continue this anime, but no new music and nonew story patterns. Not good and not bad

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Inuyasha Sequel old recipe and similar taste, fans of Inuyasha will continue this anime, but no new music and nonew story patterns. Not good and not bad

I've been afraid to try it as Anime News Network really seems to hate it and I feel wary of sequels to decades old shows anyway. Being a major shonen with a My Anime List score below 7 is also a negative accomplishment. 2020 seemed to be a really disappointing year

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts