"Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon" (Inuyasha Sequel) Discussion Thread

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
There's an image going round of an Inuyasha sequel with Inuyasha and Kagome's daughter, presumably. Would this be a good idea for a series?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
That's great Rumiko Takahashi and Sunrise are involved in the sequel. Another legacy sequel, eh, I don't know As long as it doesn't try to rehash the original series and repeat things, all for it. It's pretty intriguing there's the implication that Sesshomaru has a half-demon child.

Grenzer

This is Kyokugen Karate... 2016 Style
More details for the upcoming anime, which looks to be a TV series:

Inuyasha Anime Gets Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon TV Spinoff This Fall

Obviously this has been in the pipe for a while, but they just announced it yesterday. You have an interesting set of three female main characters, two of whom are long-lost sisters and the other their cousin. And while Takahashi designed the main characters, she is apparently not writing the story. Much of the production staff from the old anime is returning however, so the feel will not be too off. I hope this turns out well instead of just being Famous Anime: The Next Generation like Boruto was.

Last edited:

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Looks like this will be an anime original production (there may be a manga but the anime seems to be the main canon, unlike Boruto). The description sounds like it will involve the present day more. That could be an interesting twist. Hope there's more creativity involved than Boruto.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
This will make Inuyasha the third manga series in the past five years to get a sequel, with the other two being Dragon Ball (Dragon Ball Super) and Naruto (Boruto).

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Was never a huge fan of Inuyasha, but if this makes the fans happy, I say go for it. Sounds somewhat curious that Inuyasha and Kagome's daughter grew up without a family. I wonder if that means Inuyasha and Kagome died.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Towa's outfit seems pretty anachronistic with a modernish looking suit compared to the traditional robes and outfits associated with Inuyasha that the other two have. Considering time travel is a thing and Inuyasha was never historically accurate, this isn't too surprising.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Logline reveals Towa finds a "mysterious tunnel" and is found and raised by Sota and his family. So that explains his her outfit.
In Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon, the daughters of Sesshomaru and Inuyasha set out on a journey transcending time. Set in feudal Japan, half-demon twins Towa and Setsuna are separated from each other during a forest fire. While desperately searching for her younger sister, Towa wanders into a mysterious tunnel that sends her into present-day Japan, where she is found and raised by Kagome Higurashi’s brother, Sota, and his family.

Last edited:

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Towa is actually a girl and Sesshoumaru's daughter. She's going to have the masculine aggressive tomboy character. Says she gets into fights at school and wears men's clothing because it's more comfortable to fight in.

ShayL

I'll always love the original anime and it's conclusion the Final Act. I'll probably be watching this once more details are released. Usually I don't watch an anime until there's an English dub (and I know that takes awhile) because I don't know any Japanese to follow even though usually those versions get subbed, I believe. English dubs are just easier for me to follow. However as mentioned in the article from Anime News Network "Viz has the rights to digital streaming of the new anime in North America" and the original production staff from Sunrise being involved makes all this seem really promising to me.

Was never a huge fan of Inuyasha, but if this makes the fans happy, I say go for it. Sounds somewhat curious that Inuyasha and Kagome's daughter grew up without a family. I wonder if that means Inuyasha and Kagome died.

That's probably the main reason I want to watch the story unfold. I want to know what happened to Inuyasha and Kagome. If Kagome did die that wouldn't come as a huge surprise since she's human. Inuyasha, however... I was always under the impression he would live for quite awhile, maybe not as long as Sesshomaru because he's the elder brother and a full demon as I recall. It's been awhile since I rewatched the show so I have no idea how old Inuyasha and his brother are meant to be in the original series. The main show was also 500 years in the past from Kagome's era so it makes me wonder how many years have passed in the new story, but I hope that's something the new anime will address.

Last edited:

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
The new show is likely set in the present day. I recall the official materials mentioning the girls living with Kagome's little brother, Sota, who is an adult now.

To be perfectly honest, I would sort of find it amusingly ironic if the idyllic ending Inuyasha and Kagome had at the end of the series somehow went horribly wrong.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Maroha definitely looks like Inuyasha and Kagome's daughter.

I wonder if she's wearing her own fire robe or inherited Inuyasha's. Seems like she has her own sword as well.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts