International Toonami Channels Thread

sasq

Here's a thing i still don't understand.

In 2013, Reti Televisive Italiane ceded their library of cartoons and anime to Boing, a company co-owned by Turner.

Reti Televisive Italiane used to own many famous cartoons and anime, such as Doraemon, Dr. Slump (both now airing on Boing), Hamtaro, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, and the list goes on, and gave them to Boing.

Why hasn't Turner thought of launching Toonami in Italy? nostalgia in Italy is huge, look at the comments for Hamtaro's theme song for example, half of them are written by people who miss this anime, while Hamtaro still airs in Italy, they air it when most people would be asleep.

I don't think rights are an issue, Most have been renewed and Doraemon has also aired on Boomerang, and Toonami being action-oriented isn't a problem, because as the Indian feed has showed, every Toonami is different.

Anime are still pretty popular in Italy, Dragon Ball Super had great ratings, so i don't understand why Turner wouldn't want to launch Toonami in Italy.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Portugal seems to be impossible to sustain a Toonami channel. Action content on kids channels is at an all-time low.

TheDetective

JLA is already on Toonami Asia
And about the Bat month stunt, Toonami Asia will have a marathon and a movie involving Batman every weekends

animegamer

I don’t think Toonami IN is gonna last much longer, there hasn’t been a single FB post for a month.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Maybe the channel will convert itself into a general entertainment channel. Toonami Thailand became the local TNT and added some reality shows and fiction.

BlooMac

Toonami Thailand already had Dude, What Would Happen and Destroy Build Destroy before the rebrand.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
More French censorship:
Message at the end:
"Here are some examples of French and Western cartoons aired and repeated for over fifteen years on France 3, Canal J, Gulli or Boomerang.
Here, a two-second sequence of a Japanese anime.
"But... but that's not the same thing..."
-The honorless intelectuality of the censors of the French Audiovisual Landscape"

BlooMac

Toonami France continuity:
Basically without Dragonball Super and Justice League Action, this channel would just be a bunch of 5+-year old reruns.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts