International Nickelodeon Thread Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanc

Since the previous thread reached 1000 posts, time to make a new one. Continue discussion here... thanks

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
48 Cats (don't know how many are there :p) premiered and suffers from the "new show not on the EPG syndrome"; Noobees premiered this Monday.

Toons Fan

PAW Patrol debuts in Japan on TV Tokyo on Saturday, April 6th!

Here's the TV Tokyo show page for the show:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

animegamer

Keymon Ache was over a very long time ago. It was on Sonic for a bit for reruns

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
47 episodes of Nickelodeon's Doug are now available on YouTube, and they are not geoblocked in the USA. Are these episodes now owned by Studio 100?

The thumbnail says Disney's Doug :D

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I assume it's a similar situation to the first Disney Channel live-action series. Guess that these episodes aired on TVI here in the 90s (1994/1995) when other Nick shows aired on SIC.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I think I remember reading that Nick doesn't control the international rights of Doug.
The videos are blocked in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the Middle East, but not in the United States.

Viacom usually blocks everything, even intros and some promos, but not for Doug...

Nick's Doug aired here on Ketnet, VT4 and KRO (NPO), but not on Nickelodeon.
Disney's Doug aired here on Ketnet (till July 13th, 2008), and in the Netherlands on NET5, but not on Jetix like many other Disney cartoons.

BloggerHU

Coming in April to Nickelodeon CEE: Noobies, 44 Cats, Bixler High Private Eye and many more new episodes.

Moleoman

The videos are blocked in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the Middle East, but not in the United States.
From what I know, Studio 100/M4E changed region restrictions on the videos uploaded on their English YT account at least some months ago. Before then those Nick/Ellipse "Doug" episodes (along with Max Fleischer's Color Classics) ago were available only in... Liechtenstein, while "In the Beginning" was available only in Liechtenstein and Scandinavia. Also, before Studio 100 bought m4e, the "Rainbow Fish" videos on their English account were available only in most of Europe.

Viacom usually blocks everything, even intros and some promos, but not for Doug...
I remember that Viacom blocked an upload (by a Portuguese user) of "Doug" intro almost everywhere outside Canada and German-speaking Europe. In fact, the company from time to time imposes worldwide blocks on fan YT uploads related to the shows to which they own only US rights and it sometimes doesn't matter whether those rights are either full (f.e. "Little Bear") or just broadcast ones (I remember that Viacom blocked NextDisneyChannel's upload of "Iron Man: Armored Adventures" intro from DXD Scandinavia, even though the company had no rights to the series in Europe).

animegamer

Nick HD+ gets a schedule change. While none of the Nick shows were removed, all their acquired content are now removed except Ejen Ali (which now airs 3 hours a day), and they also added Shaun the Sheep. Korra and Penguins now air only at late night. The rest of the day is just SpongeBob, Rabbids, TMNT and Kung Fu Panda.

Vaughn Max

Nick HD+ gets a schedule change. While none of the Nick shows were removed, all their acquired content are now removed except Ejen Ali (which now airs 3 hours a day), and they also added Shaun the Sheep. Korra and Penguins now air only at late night. The rest of the day is just SpongeBob, Rabbids, TMNT and Kung Fu Panda.
I'll go graph it

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
My guess is that if Nick India becomes Colors Kids, Nick HD+ becomes just Nick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts