International Nickelodeon Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I stood up to my promise.

I present to you the schedule of Nick India for July 29th, 2002. From the same source as the CN one.
05:00 - The Adventures Of Pete And Pete
05:30 - Rocko’s Modern Life
06:00 - Toons On Toast: CatDog
06:30 - Hey Arnold!
07:00 - The Wild Thornberrys
07:30 - Rugrats
08:00 - KaBlam!
08:30 - SpongeBob SquarePants
09:00 - Nick Jr.: Little Bill
09:30 - Blue's Clues
10:00 - Dora the Explorer
10:30 - Gullah Gullah Island
11:00 - Rugrats
11:30 - Hey Arnold!
12:00 - Clarissa Explains it All
12:30 - The Journey Of Allen Strange
13:00 - KaBlam!
13:30 - Rocko’s Modern Life
14:00 - Aahh! Real Monsters
14:30 - CatDog
15:00 - GAS: Double Dare 2000
15:30 - Rocket Power
16:00 - Legends Of The Hidden Temple
16:30 - Figure In Out
17:00 - The Angry Beavers
17:30 - Global Guts
18:00 - CatDog
18:30 - Clarissa Explains it All
19:00 - Kenan And Kel
19:30 - All That
20:00 - Rugrats
20:30 - Hey Arnold!
21:00 - The Wild Thornberrys
21:30 - CatDog
22:00 - The Adventures Of Pete And Pete
22:30 - The Journey Of Allen Strange
23:00 - Cousin Skeeter
23:30 - KaBlam!
00:00 - Hey Arnold!
00:30 - The Wild Thronberrys
01:00 - The Angry Beavers
01:30 - SpongeBob SquarePants
02:00 - Aahh! Real Monsters
02:30 - CatDog
03:00 - The Journey Of Allen Strange
03:30 - Kenan And Kel
04:00 - Clarissa Explains it All
04:30 - All That

The schedule was just Nick content 24/7. Now it's just 99% third-party content.

animegamer

Nick India went from this to being a 24/7 Motu Patlu channel. Really disappointing. Apparently Nick had poor ratings in India causing them to "reintroduce" the channel around 2005. Then the current head of Nick India joined, put Japanese cartoons, less airtime for the American Nick shows, removed sitcoms and started producing local content.

You can see it in the company journey: https://www.viacom18.com/about-us

ZEE TV even replaced the Nick block with a CN block as it wasn't going well: http://www.indiantelevision.com/y2k2/aug/aug87.htm

But that doesn't mean you should stop bringing Nick content completely!! Did Disney and CN stop? They're still bringing their originals here despite not much interested in them!

I'm sure some people out there want to see those shows, but it looks like in India Nick is well known for Ninja Hattori, Perman, Motu Patlu and not the real Nick.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
This is clearly a sign that India wasn't ready for Nickelodeon. If Nick India shut down without being "saved" in the mid-2000s, then the joint-venture would never be established and Motu Patlu would air on a non-Nick branded channel operated by Network18.

animegamer

@Nick Mick that Teen Nick party thing was to chat in their WhatsApp group to win some prizes. I even seen them use Google ads to promote it. Yes, one of the rare times that they do that.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Nick Australia is available in one or two of those tiny Pacific states smaller than AU and NZ. I think I've seen it in Vanuatu and the Solomon Islands. One of these countries also has FOX 8.

Nick Mick

Now forget and be content ♥
Actually, this Nick India schedule is similar to that one the Nickelodeon block for Lumiere TV Cyprus had...

Also, here are all the Teennick/Nick Jr. bumpers (the video was originally with errors, and so I reuploaded it)

animegamer

This is clearly a sign that India wasn't ready for Nickelodeon. If Nick India shut down without being "saved" in the mid-2000s, then the joint-venture would never be established and Motu Patlu would air on a non-Nick branded channel operated by Network18.

I think the joint venture was made to launch the COLORS channel and to get Viacom into the Hindi GEC space. They also run their own movie business like Disney’s UTV. Before 2007, there was only MTV, Nick and VH1 but now many regional Colors channels are there, and other Viacom brands like Comedy Central in a way that appeal to Indians.

Nick Mick

I'm super excited! As part of the new episodes, a special Nicky Ricky Dicky and Dawn episode has been advertised on Nickelodeon Greece, in which the gang goes for vacation!
While that, new episodes of I Am Frankie, Toon Marty and Hunter Street air every weekend, and they are awesome!

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The reason why Nick Australia is available in Vanuatu is because Telsat "imports" channels from FOXTEL. I don't know if this is legal.

Nick Mick

Some Up Next bumpers of Nickelodeon Greece during the 2016-2017 era.

WAIT is this for the favorite greek music artist I just voted, global, or only in Greece? Also, why there are only 4 general categories (2 for actors and 2 for movies) as of now?

Here are other videos I just uploaded

Last edited:

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Spotted this video by Váscolo on Vimeo :)

"We were invited by Viacom 18 to pitch for Nickelodeon Sonic’s new channel package.

Cubes come to life: they play, explore, use gadgets and solve puzzles, symbolizing the spirit of curiosity and teamwork in every kid!

This was the perfect opportunity to take our new Octane pipeline for a spin!"

animegamer

MCMN at 2pm? Why does this never happen?

The Nick India bumper package had iCarly, which never aired.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The Nick Pakistan Facebook Page has turned into an ARY Films marketing tool. Nothing about Nick has been posted recently and they keep posting about their upcoming ARY films and other related things.

https://www.facebook.com/NickelodeonPakistan
If there will be a Pakistani equivalent of Motu Patlu adapted to the local culture, then the channel has no future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts