International Nickelodeon Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Maybe the Asian feed, but switching the feed would be very unlikely unless another banning incident occurs.
Maybe if they ban Ninja Hattori's Hindi dub, but that seems unlikely. The reason why DC IN was legally banned in Bangladesh was because there is no Hinglish dub of Doraemon.

animegamer

Hattori has English but Motu Patlu doesn’t. If they can’t get another feed then they should only keep Nick Jr, and the analog operators should replace Nick India with DC Asia.

Funny how Hindi Doraemon returned on Hungama but at least it’s not a major kids channel and you can use the blocking feature on the TV/STB if it’s really a problem

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Maybe the next target for controversy should be Motu Patlu. Maybe I will predict a hypothetical ban of the series in the country, just like how you predicted back in July that Nick India was going to become a meme.

animegamer

Notice the audio losing sync in this specific scene. It was always like this.

Also they can censor Spongebob’s ripped pants but not this

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Maybe censoring foreign shows is the reason why they aren't popular? I mean, the channel has to depend on local shows with local culture.

animegamer

Except for Nick Jr, these are currently the only Nickelodeon content available on any of their channels in India:

Spongebob
Legend of Korra
Kung Fu Panda
Penguins of Madagascar
TMNT

animegamer

Seriously??

ece8ba6e2ae3709ec85f10374c26a5e7.jpg

5e09939226d9d69559f4d4f0cdc64d03.jpg

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Airing a Nickelodeon Christmas special on Nick Jr. sure looks weird, but at least Nick Jr. explicitly states the message within.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

CNC
today's my birthday, but it's more of a "sad birthday" than a "happy birthday" to me, because I'm still having a mental breakdown over my past. ugh.
Asa wrote on wonderfly's profile.
With the Omicron variant spreading in South Africa, do you think it's a good time to reopen the COVID-19 discussion board or are you going to keep it closed for good?
This special is worth it just to see Ben Schwartz rap about latkes.

someone once told me that the Korean language is like if the Chinese and Japanese languages melted into each other and came up with something different
The Loud House > Riverdale

Featured Posts