International Nickelodeon Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
The change also means one other important thing though. Nick CEE HD will basically close down. It won't be in Poland, it already closed down in Czech and Slovak and it doesn't seem to be coming in localized form to Hungary or Romania either. It will be basically just for Adria. It's a bit puzzling, but it seems Viacom is cutting costs or changing priorities in EMEA. Hopefully that means Nick/Nick Jr./NickToons in CEE getting more space and funds. Maybe they'll launch new separate feeds for some countries.

chum_chum

It will be basically just for Adria
I think for Russia, too, which is werid, since all other HD Viacom Networks over here are full simulcasts of the local SD versions and only Nick HD's schedule differs from the casual Nick.
The best thing would've been a launch of a pan-european NickToons in HD, but that's not realistic

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Doesn't Russia have it's own dedicated feed for the Viacom channels including Nick with localized graphics, schedule and everything? The issue with Nick/Nick HD in CEE seems to be purely technical.

chum_chum

Doesn't Russia have it's own dedicated feed for the Viacom channels including Nick with localized graphics, schedule and everything? The issue with Nick/Nick HD in CEE seems to be purely technical.
Yeah, all of them - Spike HD, MTV HD, Paramount Comedy HD, Paramount Channel HD have localised graphics, two of them even have local programming, all in HD. Every promo, short, or local show on Nick Russia (no matter, produced in house, like Be A Blogger, or acquired, like The Fixies) are available and uploaded to Vimeo/VK/Nickeldeon.ru in HD.
But at the same time, the Nickelodeon version that is distributed everywhere is Nick HD CEE. No local graphics, the ending credts are cut, they air shorts that Nick Russia never airs.
I have no idea why, is it technical or they just don't care, sometimes I have that feeling, lol, for exaple, when Nick rebranded this summer, the main Nickelodeon feed one of the first feeds to introduce it internationally, we got localised fonts, bumpers, on screen graphics, they even sent a press release about it to blogs.
Nick HD, however, got an ugly step sister treatment, the HUGE age restiction bug, that, just as I mentioned previously with VH1, they, for some reason, show every second of the day (at least it's a little bit transparent, unlike the music networks) was placed in the upper right corner of the screen. After the rebrand, the logo changed its placement from the upper left cornet to the upper right corner where it clashed with that mostrocity of an orange rectangle with a huge white 6+. It was like this for months and goot changed not that long ago, even though it as extremely noticable that they are obscuring the logo of the channel, here's the illustration of that problem

Russian Nick is very messy sometimes, like, how they already announced 'The Jungle Movie' to air on Nick Russia, but 'The Journal' was never dubbed in Russian (same with the Danny Phantom or As Told By Ginger finale specials) it seems like they intentionally never aired the finales of the shows that have some kind of ending during the mid-00's era. Hey Arnold is one of the hugest nicktoons in Russia, btw, it was syndicated numerous times on different networks, even the movie is dubbed and aired on broadcast Russian networks with no relation to the tv series, it's rerunning right now on MTV Russia, but 'The Journal' dub was never ordered (even though they re-dubbed the missing episodes of Daria for the relaunch and spend huge money on the re-dubs of shows they already aired like Pimp My Ride for MTV or Friends and Big Bang Theory for Paramount Comedy, like, yeah, they air shows for ages and then air them in new dubs promoting the new dub as something special, when it's usually a non-event). Or how the post-Kimi Rugrats seasons were only aired during the syndcation on Culture network, never again, not on a single Viacom owned network, and are considered lost. There are a lot of small things that could've easily been handeled, but for some reason, are never handeled, just because.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I still wish that Nick PT as a separate feed becomes a reality: the channel is on Nowo now and needs more recognition, but if it had healthy ratings it would at least be on Vodafone.

chum_chum

I'm watching the Baltic feed of the Scandinavian NickToons, and I'm surprised it's fully, 24/7 in Russian language. I remember watching the Baltic Disney XD a long time ago and half of the content on the feed were in English, I'm not even mentioning the promos. It's definitelly because Disney Channel Russia is a bunch of slowpokes and they don't even air some of the action/acquired shows. But what impressed me is that all the promos are also dubbed in Russian (different announcer from the Russian Nick feed), I'm interested if those voice overs are ordered by Russian team or done by Baltic Viasat (cause Viacom doesn't have a Baltic office anymore).
Here are some examples:
I'm curious if they air the first seasons of Fairly Odd Parents, since those are non-existent in Russian

animegamer

Yay can’t wait!!! The best anime film of 2017! It will sure beat Disney Asia’s upcoming Upin & Ipin Ultraman special by a huge margin!

022A22BD-324E-424A-B00F-7E71175883AD.jpeg

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The fact that it has "Octopus" in the title and that the main characters are dressed up as octopi just gets me pumped.

animegamer

wow.................

Week 48: Saturday, 25th November 2017 to Friday, 1st December 2017 (Impressions in 000s)

1 NICK HFF-MOTU PATLU IN DRAGONS WORLD 1173
2 NICK HFF-MOTU PATLU IN HONG KONG KUNG FU KING 863
3 NICK MOTU PATLU 631
4 NICK HFF-MOTU PATLU THE INVISIBLE PLANE 625
5 NICK GATTU BATTU 620

This list rarely lists actual TV shows but they are so popular that it's in this list...

animegamer

Maybe one day they will slowly stop airing Motu Patlu and introduce more content like CN USA sometimes.

DC India has been airing Doraemon non stop for the past 7 years, and it’s the longest running show on the channel without it being taken off air, so I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

CNC
today's my birthday, but it's more of a "sad birthday" than a "happy birthday" to me, because I'm still having a mental breakdown over my past. ugh.
Asa wrote on wonderfly's profile.
With the Omicron variant spreading in South Africa, do you think it's a good time to reopen the COVID-19 discussion board or are you going to keep it closed for good?
This special is worth it just to see Ben Schwartz rap about latkes.

someone once told me that the Korean language is like if the Chinese and Japanese languages melted into each other and came up with something different
The Loud House > Riverdale

Featured Posts