International Nickelodeon Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

Nick IThas not rebranded yet, but it's showing some promos with the new look :)

TheDetective

A promo for Haunted Hathaways on the Nick and You block, featuring the show's dubbed theme song (Apr 2017)

BloggerHU

I got a reply from Nick about The Loud House-case. So, the series was gone from CEE because some african country receive the CEE feed and Viacom decided to remove the series for an indefinite period. They said that they currently works on a solution to bringing back the series to the channel.

@Checkerboard I also asked them about Reklám / Reklama. I'll notice you when I get any response.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Thanks @BloggerHU for the info and effort!

The part about CEE and Africa makes sense I guess. Maybe they'll create another opt out or something, although I'm curious how that actually works as there seem to be quite a lot opt outs on both Nick and Nick Jr. already. There has to be some technical limit. Maybe they could split Nick CEE into two or three feeds at least eventually. One for CZ/HU/RO/BG, one for Adria and one for Africa + countries without their own opt outs. Interestingly enough they're still running a Loud House promo. It's a good new show so it would be unfortunate for it to leave. But even if it does, they could still sell the rights to free to air channels in the regions - which maybe isn't a bad idea.

While I like the new idents, the new branding is starting to grow on me, a proper ad ident would be nice. If Adria has it, no reason we can't. They could just use the same one and just change the text - which is like 5 minutes of work.

Ghostbuster

Inside No. 9
Nickelodeon launched the rebrand in Germany, Switzerland and Austria today - http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2017/06/nickelodeon-launches-all-new-brand.html :)

The new look features local kids.

As part of the rebrand, Nickelodeon will be abbreviated to Nick on-air. The Nickelodeon name will still be used on other platforms, though.

Update: Nick has picked up Rainbow's Maggie & Bianca Fashion Friends for Poland and Benelux - http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2017/06/nickelodeon-acquires-maggie-bianca.html

Update 2: Nick Arabia may have rebranded:

Last edited:

Francisque

The Nick IT DOG has gone larger, and to be honest, uglier

EDIT: not just the Nick IT one!

Here's the new Nick/TeenNick Germany transition

dcbanners

Awesome to see that many feeds have now started adapting the new look! I wonder if Nick SE has rebranded yet, if not then I guess they will when Nick DE / NL rebrands! :)

EDIT: Just saw that Nick DE has rebranded, I wonder if Nick SE has rebranded too.

Last edited:

Francisque

Still, a rebrand should be close :)

BTW curiously Nick IT has three DOGs: a solid orange one for shows, a solid white one for promos, a black translucent one for ads :/

Francisque

It's not you, it has become bigger on many European feeds which have rebranded

Checkerboard

I wonder when will CEE change its logo permanently to NICK. It's been a year since they've been switching it back and forth. Maybe next year? I guess they're waiting, because most people here are familiar with the full name which is more popular. With the launch of NICK Jr. I feel it's getting closer though.

Anyhow, here's a CZ article about the rebrand on CEE with some images:

http://www.rozhlas.cz/digital/telev...ledem-hd-verze-nadale-bez-lokalizace--1738263

Checkerboard

There was today afternoon randomly a new bumper:

It said "more Spongebob on Nickelodeon". If they keep adding new elements in similar style it could be nice. Movies don't have next bumpers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.