International Nickelodeon Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
How many feeds are there with the bug on the left and how many with on the right?

And how many feeds refer to themselves as Nick and how many as Nickelodeon?

Anyone willing to do a quick check up?

Imo Viacom is trying to unify the feeds slowly. I'm expecting a new set of graphics on CEE this year. Maybe in October. The current ones have been used for 3+ years. Personally though I'm not much of a fan of Nick US current look and what are some EU feeds adopting. Looks cleaner, but also more boring.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
ES+PT has the bug on the right and has been referred to as Nickelodeon since the current logo debuted six years ago. I really wish that the Nick branding returned, that was standard long before the feed switch in Spain.

Francisque

Nick Junior HD will launch in the UK next week (prob. using the satellite frequency left by MTV Live HD)

http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2016/06/nicktoons-africa-to-premiere-my-little.html

Ugh, first Peppa Pig, now THIS show? They might as well dump the non-preschool shows and rebrand the channel to Nick Jr. Too.
I understand why they do this

Africa gets the "international" Nick Junior, which has a more limited set of programming that can show, due to it being available in many countries in different languages
While there's no such right restriction on the localised Nicktoons Africa.. either they show it there, or they can't show it at all
And BTW it's not like they show a lot of preschooler stuff

I find Nicktoons US airing live action stuff much weirder to be honest

Last edited:

Francisque

Rufus premieres this Friday at 20:30 - 21:30 in Spain. These times are starting to get a bit out of control, especially for Spain unless the timezone dilemma is fixed.
Since Spain does a lot of things one hour later (due to it being in the "wrong" time zone; in addition to cultural habits), just pretend you're under the same time zone :D

Spain has a "10pm prime time"

Said that, I find it weird when some kids channel premiere things at such relatively late times

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Portuguese kids channels are now starting to premiere stuff in our prime time (RTP 1 = 9pm, SIC/TVI = 9:30pm), DC PT premiered Backstage at 21:30, for example.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
That was the norm on CN in the 90s in the US.

Nickelodeon On-Screen Logo:

Left corner: AR, PL, DE, GR
Right corner: US, UK, CEE (CZ/SK/HU/RO/BG), RU, FR, ES, PT, IS

CEE - June 1, 2016: Logo moves to the right
CEE - July 1, 2016: Logo becomes animated and switches to 'Nick'

I expect further development...

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
CEE in Portugal (all that I know):
-summer 2009 - transparent "Nickelodeon" bug
summer 2009-August 31st, 2009 - solid "Nickelodeon" bug
ES in Portugal:
September 1-2009-April 1, 2010 - solid "Nickelodeon" bug
April 1, 2010-December 2012 - solid bug with the new logo (made smaller in July 2010 with the return of Avatar)
December 2012-2015 - same as before, but adjusted to 16:9
2015-now - same as 2012, but the bug goes transparent on breaks in Spain

After a long period of absence from the channel, Nick FR decided to give FOP some airtime. I always wondered why they got rid of it in the first place, since it's an ongoing show.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
When Nick UK launched, their bug was originally on the bottom right (where it is now), but Nick had to move it as it blocked the timer in GUTS.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
When Nick UK launched, their bug was originally on the bottom right (where it is now), but Nick had to move it as it blocked the timer in GUTS.
CN USA did something similar on Bakugan because it blocked something in the episodes.

Oh, and Rufus aired with a huge bug.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Treehouse Direct has launched a Swedish channel.
Let's hope they launch a Dutch one soon. I'd love to see Grossology back in Dutch.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
We're in the middle of Māori Language Week.

Māori Television is airing SpongeBob and have been doing it for about two years now and the experiment has been quite successful, paving way to more Nickelodeon shows in the language, like Dora the Explorer, Team Umizoomi and The Penguins of Madagascar.

A fifth one has been on the plans for a few months now - according to the website of Te Māngai Pāho, Avatar: The Last Airbender could be the next Nick show to air on Māori Television. I checked it back in March, still no sign of whether or not the dub is going to come.

Boomerangfan101

Can You Not!
That was the norm on CN in the 90s in the US.

Nickelodeon On-Screen Logo:

Left corner: AR, PL, DE, GR
Right corner: US, UK, CEE (CZ/SK/HU/RO/BG), RU, FR, ES, PT, IS

CEE - June 1, 2016: Logo moves to the right
CEE - July 1, 2016: Logo becomes animated and switches to 'Nick'

I expect further development...
What about Nickelodeon AU and Canada??

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts