International Nickelodeon Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

I can't believe that Poland still has Nickelodeon CEE HD (fully dubbed in Poland) with the same shows - for the most part - but arranged differently, after all these years and after Disney Channel Poland and Cartoon Network Poland have launched in HD

Surely they wouldn't want to confuse their viewership for so long, wouldn't they?
They also miss on revenues, seeing that HD subscribers will miss Polish ads etc.. HD is well established, ya know...

Francisque

I remember seeing an article (translated from German) stating Viacom had consolidated their European regions from 3 to 2, with the UK, Scandinavia, and Poland in one region, and mainland Europe, the Middle East, and Africa in the other. I don't know if they put out a press release stating the changes. (For the record, I enjoy reading WorldScreen and the other trade sites)

The Philippines are part of the Asia/Pacific region, and are thus overseen by VIMN's regional offices in Singapore. It might have been mysteriously added for some reason.
Yes, I was the one posting that German article

And it's true; now Germany &c and Benelux are part of the "Southern European group", along with Italy, France, Spain, Greece etc.
Meanwhile, Poland and the Scandinavian country, previously part of the Northern European group along with German-speaking countries and Benelux, are part of the "UK" group now

chum_chum

Viacom Russia continues being a mess
31d531327e74606be6f888878563c2ab.png

Moleoman

@Red Arrow Isn't it "Totally Spies"?

I'll also note that Nickelodeon PL SD still has the logo on top left corner (with Polish rating symbols on the same corner, but just under the Nick logo) and the channel still feels German to me (f.e. no credits, rarely any idents at all, etc.).

Francisque

Viacom Russia continues being a mess
31d531327e74606be6f888878563c2ab.png
Viacom really feels cheap compared to Disney and Turner (starting with the graphics), oh god..

That rating symbol is horrible, and often it's made for 4:3 so it's streched (esp. on Nick Jr).. and BTW why do they have to keep it all the time on? Turner doesn't

@Red Arrow Isn't it "Totally Spies"?

I'll also note that Nickelodeon PL SD still has the logo on top left corner (with Polish rating symbols on the same corner, but just under the Nick logo) and the channel still feels German to me (f.e. no credits, rarely any idents at all, etc.).
It's possible that the German team will continue to be under control of these channels (plus the Nordic ones), from a technical and branding point of view

After all they've been controlling the rest of the pan-CEE (and Nick Jr global) operations for a few time, in spite of them belonging to a different group

chum_chum

Viacom really feels cheap compared to Disney and Turner (starting with the graphics), oh god..

That rating symbol is horrible, and often it's made for 4:3 so it's streched (esp. on Nick Jr).. and BTW why do they have to keep it all the time on? Turner doesn't
Because it's easier, cheaper and they are lazy, the same think is with MTV Digital Networks.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Nickelodeon ES+PT doesn't necessarily use rating symbols from Spain, especially the green "TP" icon, but they should be aware that even AXN Portugal has that.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
I found out today that FOP has another Czech dub. A lost and rare one that is. The current dub was produced over the last 5 years and split into 2 parts. S1-S4 was made for Disney and doesn't air anymore. S5-S9 was made for Nick and reruns of these episodes air on Nick and Decko. Despite that the voice actors continued over and are the same. However, there is also a dub from 2003, which was made for SuperMax and consisted of only 13 episodes. Nobody knows anything about it, because FOP aired on that channel just for a few months that year.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
@Checkerboard: Here there were two dubs of FOP: the first two aired on Canal Panda and the third one on Nickelodeon. The first one encompasses season 1 and probably season 2 and aired in 2003/2004. The second one encompassed the remaining Nelvana episodes and aired between 2005 and early 2007 at latest. The third one premiered in 2008 on Nickelodeon and encompasses all seasons due to the fact that Nickelodeon ES already had the rights since 2002.

Ironically, when FOP was airing on Canal Panda, I wished that SpongeBob was on there too, but Nickelodeon exported it by themselves since the first episode, but now they're airing some Nick Jr. shows.

Checkerboard

On another note... UPC has said that if Viacom doesn't add Czech audio to Nick HD by year's end they will remove it from their offering.

Checkerboard

That has to do with the fact that they removed MTV Europe some time back, isn't it?

Well Viacom replaced MTV Czech with MTV Europe and promised to localize it. And they started offering Nick HD and promised to localize it as well. But almost 3 years have passed and nothing happened. With no localization and no ads no operator will keep these channels on life support just for the sake of it. Seems the Czech/CEE versions (in general, not just Viacom channels) are donating and sponsoring the Polish market. There's no other rational explanation.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
@Checkerboard: Viacom here in Portugal is in a similar situation, they can't make Nickelodeon fully independent here because it's still a NOS exclusive and they can't expand the channel to further providers. And it seems that the sub-feed doesn't donate to the Spanish market.

We have MTV HD, they have Nickelodeon HD, we can't settle our arguments between Spain.

Checkerboard

What I don't get is why we aren't getting what we deserve. Where is the money from ads and subscriptions going? Nickelodeon in 2015 had a daily viewership of 2% with 29,000 people watching per day on average and 92,000 on average per month. Every operator offers it, same package as Disney, and the channel has been airing ads for 1,5 years. Sure, Disney is even more popular here, but still. It's like they moved the logo to the right just for the sake of it. At least add more bumpers and shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts