International Nickelodeon Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggy

In the UK and Ireland, Nicktoons has been hosting an interactive quiz tournament based on SpongeBob Master (which they air a lot) called Sponge Master that started on the 13th and ended on the 24th, which was today. Sponge Master is based on a similar tournament of the same name that was seen on Nickelodeon Israel back in Summer 2015.
It ran from 10 AM to 4 PM on weekdays and, luckily enough, marathoned episodes of the animated series that aired during these times showed the credits instead of going straight to the logos, like Nickelodeon has been doing most of the time for over 3 years. You could win prizes such as video games and an iPod, just like any typical competition on kids' channels. However, you had to be 15 years or under to enter the competition.

There was an interactive quiz at the beginning of each hour and contestants had to answer questions via the Sponge Master mobile app. On Monday, I saw these quizzes in action for the first time since my school had half-term off this week for some stupid reason. The quizzes were cool and interesting but I thought that they took up too much of the screen from the left side.

zajgrg

Nick Australia and New Zealand to premiere 7 episodes of S4 of TMNT including the season finale starting February 27th, weekdays at 15:30.

http://nickalive.blogspot.rs/2017/02/nickelodeon-australia-new-zealand-to_26.html

Nick Latin America to premiere Ride (woohoo, a show about equestrianism, that's gonna be exciting) on the 5th of March. It will air at 17:30 on Nick Mexico, 18:00 on Nick Colombia, 18:30 on Nick Argentina, 19:00 on Nick Venezuela.

http://nickalive.blogspot.rs/2017/02/nickelodeon-latin-america-to-premiere_26.html

Nick Turkey and Nickelodeon 4Teen will premiere the KCA's on the 15th of March at 16:40 and 18:20 respectively.

http://nickalive.blogspot.rs/2017/02/nickelodeon-turkey-to-premiere.html
http://nickalive.blogspot.rs/2017/02/nickelodeon-4teen-france-to-premiere_26.html

thetellyweb

TellyToon
I found on spongebob wikia as well as nickalive blogspot. I don't know if I have left something out.
there are so many international airdates for Goodbye Krabby Patty:

Latin America: Feb 22
Nicktoons UK and Ireland: February 28 at 5:30PM
Australia, New Zealand: February 24 though local time Feb 25, 2017 (im confused with this)
Canada, Brazil: February 25
Germany, Austria, Switzerland: March 4

http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2017/02/goodbye-krabby-patty-sneak-peek.html

The UK Premiere will also follow with a marathon from 15:00, leading up to the episode. All episodes in that marathon will be Krusty Krab/Krabby Patty themed.

Last edited:

Eggy

Can someone explain to me how did Adria/Croatia deserve this? We've had Nick in Czechia, Hungary and Romania for more years and with ads and great ratings, the localized audio for CEE HD was promised to us a long time ago and you get it first instead? Viacom, you're drunk. Go home.
Maybe there isn't a lot of HD channels in the region. However, I agree that Viacom is drunk as they have made some bad decisions with their channels.

Also, Nicktoons UK will sadly not air a classic Nicktoon (as part of their version of The Splat) at 9PM tomorrow because an hour of the French-American animated series ALVINNN! (a reference to Dave yelling the Alvin's name) and the Chipmunks will air in The Splat's place. Examples of shows that aired during the British Isles version of The Splat were Rocko's Modern Life, the daring Ren & Stimpy Show and Hey Arnold!.

Last edited:

kanc

Maybe there isn't a lot of HD channels in the region. However, I agree that Viacom is drunk as they have made some bad decisions with their channels.
Viacom is NOT drunk. The company is just going through realigning the structures of Nickelodeon, and some other networks

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Second KCA promo airing on CEE with date March 15th.

EDIT: NICKELODEON CEE IS GETTING FINALLY NEW NEXT BUMPERS! :) @zajgrg @BloggerHU

Just saw one for Every Witch Way. Uses promo endboard, then shows short clip and then Nickelodeon logo in centered orange circle.

Last edited:

zajgrg

EDIT: NICKELODEON CEE IS GETTING FINALLY NEW NEXT BUMPERS! :) @zajgrg @BloggerHU

Just saw one for Every Witch Way. Uses promo endboard, then shows short clip and then Nickelodeon logo in centered orange circle.

Thanks for notifying us. :)
Anyway, great news for us. Nick has finally started moving in a right direction. I'll try to catch one tomorrow before EWW, if I can. We can probably expect new NEXT bumps for two shows in March, if Nick doesn't slow the process down.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Years ago, the Nick Iberia team also ran Nick Greece - a (terrestrial, even!) feed which has been completely different from the one we got, years ago they even had My Family's Got Guts.

They recently acquired The Mojicons, a series which is airing on Biggs in Portugal.

zajgrg

A bit off-topic:
In the Serbian dub of the SBSP episode "The Great Snail Race" a minor swear word could be heard.
When they are making fun of Squidward's last name, specifically in the scene with the trophy near the end of the episode, they said Lignjoslav Šupak instead of Lignjoslav Pipak.
Have in mind that Lignjoslav Pipak means Squidward Tentacles and that Š*pak is a derogatory term for the anus.

That episode was dubbed around 2005-06. The dub of that episode is airing for 11 years now, with the swear word intact.

P.S. I don't know what is the policy about foreign swear words here so I wrote it completely the first time and censored it the second time.

EDIT: That word is probably the equivalent to the word a**hole.

Checkerboard

Here is a gif of the first new next bumper @zajgrg @BloggerHU
W57ovWS.gif

Checkerboard

I'll wait to see more of them before I make up my mind. I like it's different from the other feeds, but at the same time it's quite bland if not almost lazy. The obvious lack of text probably bothers me the most. Perhaps if they make new next bumpers for all of their shows and add also new station idents, including ones for the opt outs, then I'll be more positive about it, because it will look coherent throughout. Not sure why is the transition taking so long since you could make these in a day at most, voice them a day later and add idents the another. A week of work at most in total. Hard to believe Viacom is busy with other stuff instead. They're sadly just being rather lazy, because it took exactly half a year for MTV Europe to upgrade as well. Apart from this there's also the HD audio that's need to be sorted and CZ is still waiting for that new site. If I could I'd do all of it myself just to get it over with.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Dutch telco KPN has added Spike as a 24-hour channel to its IPTV offer. Its units XS4All and Telfort also offer the channel 24/7, reports TotaalTV, and Spike is also available on Caiway and T-Mobile. All the providers offering Spike as a full channel also now offer Nickelodeon as a 24-hour channel. - https://www.telecompaper.com/news/kpn-expands-hd-offer-on-iptv--1186371 :)

Eggy

I found last week that the French dub of The Loud House (it is titled Bienvenue chez les Loud*) was currently airing on the French Swiss public channel RTS Deux. RTS Deux has been supposedly airing the animated Nickelodeon cartoon since late 2016.

*They didn't include the s since, in most Romance languages like French, they don't usually pluralise last names as they have a plural version of 'the' in their language.

Last edited by a moderator:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Interesting. I wonder if Portuguese terrestrial TV iwll be next... oh, sorry, because they still don't insist in acquiring Nick shows at the moment to terrestrial channels, IDK if it will actually come

Checkerboard

That's a nice idea. It does indeed seem that with every year the KCAs are gaining importance abroad, especially in CEE where they are slowly being aired sooner and more promoted.

I'm curious if in April/May Nick CEE will get PR Super/Megaforce or not. I'm inclined to believe yes, but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts