International Nickelodeon Thread, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bart_simpson7

This thread should be renamed "The Spongebob Fairy odd parents Ninja turtles thread" because nick is so dead they're relying on 90's shows to bring the channel back to what it was , Anyway I'm not here to express my hate to nickelodeon or Viacom .

Nickelodeon Arabia Continuity for this month of October

Special thanks to mohammed maher - egypt for recording this from the OSN Live App
Hahahaha Simon but they are not dead at least they are have good shows like spongebob , TMNT , Harvey beaks and this better than 2010 or 2011 and it's good that they will revival their old shows i wish they make it good like the old one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Simon Petrikov

- I still like classic nicktoons not all of them but I still manage to like most of them (Not the same way I did before) but I still have the nostalgia effect whenever an episode comes on .

What I tried to say is Nick isn't learning , Instead of moving on and trying new stuff , they're relying on the same old recipe
Even if the Classic Nicktoons or even the recent ones are good , you can't compare them to Leading CArtoons like Steven Universe or Gravity falls , Because like @Red Arrow :D said , if you remove the Nostalgia effect , Shows like Invader zim or Jimmy neutron become Bland and kinda stupid to watch

To put this straight , While I feel CN / DC cartoons deal with more adult subjects and try to appeal to young and adult audiences , Nick is hitting the youngsters only .

@bart_simpson7 Yeah let's hope nick get back to what they were before or Not , let's hope they move on to become better

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
- I still like classic nicktoons not all of them but I still manage to like most of them (Not the same way I did before) but I still have the nostalgia effect whenever an episode comes on .

What I tried to say is Nick isn't learning , Instead of moving on and trying new stuff , they're relying on the same old recipe
Even if the Classic Nicktoons or even the recent ones are good , you can't compare them to Leading CArtoons like Steven Universe or Gravity falls , Because like @Red Arrow :D said , if you remove the Nostalgia effect , Shows like Invader zim or Jimmy neutron become Bland and kinda stupid to watch

To put this straight , While I feel CN / DC cartoons deal with more adult subjects and try to appeal to young and adult audiences , Nick is hitting the youngsters only .

@bart_simpson7 Yeah let's hope nick get back to what they were before or Not , let's hope they move on to become better
Yeah, but the ''problem'' is that I was never a real Nickelodeon fan xD
My grandpa didn't have Cartoon Network, and on Sundays all other channels were airing sport in the afternoon, so I could only watch Nick at my grandpa's house...
I used to watch those 5 NickToons (minus Hey Arnold, because of the awful Dutch dub), as well as Grossology, Shaun the Sheep and Het Huis Anubis, but that's all I wanted to see.
I have always liked Cartoon Network and ''Tam Tam'' (an old kids block on VTM) so much more...

As a teenager I started watching Victorious and reruns of the first season of George of the Jungle (the latter one is more like a CN show), but for the rest I tried to ignore the channel as much as possible.

Don't get me wrong, I gave most shows on Nickelodeon a chance, but even something like Avatar just wasn't my cup of tea...

Last edited:

Moleoman

Very funny thing has happened on Nickelodeon Poland...
Today they've shown first two parts (of 4) of "Ever After High" special "Way Too Wonderland" complete with their original end credits, ending logos and Polish dub credits (if anyone curious, here are the Polish credits: http://dubbingpedia.pl/wiki/Ever_After_High:_W_Krainie_Czarów ) after the logos intact. Even funnier thing about this "event" is that after first two parts special of "Ever After High" the "Spongebob SquarePants" episode was shown traditionally (in German way), without closing credits (only the banner with copyright notice and information about Polish dub studio was shown at the end)

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Okay. So things are looking... interesting. I almost have a confirmation that Czech Republic and Slovakia will be getting their own feed starting from February. The December launch of Comedy Central has shaken things up a bit in our market. Ad space on Nickelodeon will be sold by a new company from January of next year. Nick's ad space is being taken over by FTV Prima who's also going to sell it for Comedy Central. What this basically means is that a) even more ads will start appearing on Nick from next year and b) Nick's ad space will be almost directly controlled by Viacom itself - ie. Viacom is taking another step to make Nick local. And since there is no room left for more ads and Comedy Central will be a fully localized feed, it's quite obvious what's coming next. HD feed getting CZ audio and own CZSK feed. Maybe at once or one at a time. But definitely both by next year's end. Plus new website (also filled with ads). Hooray. It's quite a twist for Atmedia to lose Nick just a year and half later. But at the same time I can't say I'm surprised considering how well Nick is doing here. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: I tried to find out more, since all I wrote hasn't been confirmed yet officially but only mentioned between the lines at the event, but they are considering either extending the opt out from ads to the entire break or launching a separate feed altogether. I'm betting on full opt out. Would be cheaper. But even that means a lot since there would likely be localized graphics as well.

EDIT2: And yes, CC CZSK will air Spongebob.

EDIT3: I also have a confirmation that Spike will be rolling out globally and soon entering more markets.

Last edited:

Checkerboard

Saw a new Korra promo for S4. Finally show-specific endboard (although same as Up Next bumper). But more interestingly, it has a wrong aspect ratio :D

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Nickelodeon ES+PT has a new, tacky and gigantic Halloween bug:

Francisque

Nickelodeon ES+PT has a new, tacky and gigantic Halloween bug:
Nick IT had this monstrosity for one day or two (but with only "Nick"), later, they replaced it with "Nick" carved into the pumpkin

Checkerboard

@shakeheitor Not really. Barely anything is happening. You can post the Halloween continuities, but that's about it.

I can't believe Nick CEE didn't do anything for Halloween this year. Or if they did, it was very low profile and obscure and I missed it.

kanc

-Nickelodeon Italy is launching TeenNick starting Dec 4
-NickJr UK's Shimmer and Shine that Claudia Burns set to star will air on Mon Nov 9
-Nickelodeon Central and Eastern Europe premieres new series Bella and the Bulldogs on Sun Nov 1
-Nickelodeon UK premieres new series WITS Academy
-Nick Jr Australia and Nick Jr New Zealand premieres Shimmer and Shine series on Mon Nov 2
-Mon Nov 2 6PM Nick UK premieres new series Game Shakers

Last edited:

Lord Hater

Retired
-Nickelodeon Italy is launching TeenNick starting Dec 4
Are they going to move all of the live-action shows to Teennick? Unless they do that, then the channel would serve no purpose because the US version doesn't have any original programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Finishing up Metroid Dread by acquiring everything only to be disappointed when the last energy tank and missile you needed an Amiibo.
Today's my birthday! :D
Can't wait for the party this weekend!
Microsoft just bought Activision/Blizzard for $68 billion. And people thought the Bethesda deal was huge? Mind. Blown.
I wonder what if Viacom responsed to turner buying Hanna barbera by buying Fred wolf films (meant they would own the 1987 tmnt cartoon) in 1992 or 1993 and they later buy the tmnt ip as well as mirage studios in in the mid-late 90s or early-mid 2000s instead of 2009
PF9
What if Viacom bought Capital Cities/ABC instead of Disney in 1996?

ABC did have a good relationship with Paramount Television after all.

Featured Posts