International Nickelodeon Thread, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Yi

Joustus!
Staff member
Reporter
The first International Nickelodeon Thread reached over a thousand posts, so that means it's time to close and archive it. So here's Part 2 for you guys to continue discussion on. Talk about international Nickelodeon stuff here.

You can see the previous International Nickelodeon Thread here.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
It seems that during the KCAs they show brief clips of shows in English (which makes sense), but what doesn't make sense for Portuguese viewers is the fact that Nickelodeon PT still doesn't have an English audio track.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
RandomMe said:
Agarra o Blake! (don't know the original name)
It's called Get Blake.

It's also premiereing on Nick FL as ''Vang Blake''.
In Sweden it is called ''Fånga Blake'' :)

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
It's called Get Blake.

It's also premiereing on Nick FL as ''Vang Blake''.
In Sweden it is called ''Fånga Blake'' :)
Thank you for telling me about the name, in fact the promo has minor soundbits of it in English! Still no sign of an English audio track on our Nickelodeon!

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Easter marathon now on CEE. Spongebob today, Oddparents tomorrow, Panda on Monday. There are 4 bumpers for it. However no Easter station dents or logo.

Dodokoce

Master
Was there anything for Haloween on other Nick's? I remember there was nothing on CEE.

Dodokoce

Master
I wanted to share a weird thing that happens on NickCEE over night. From around 2:00am cet, somewhere after winxclub, transparent nick logo in promos switches to right side where it stays i belive until NickJr starts.
Proof:
mOvBU1y.png

Dodokoce

Master
So you can see it here:
Daytime:
[video=youtube;BkOvg4w8pyU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkOvg4w8pyU[/video]

Nighttime:,
[video=youtube;Y26Apxhtra4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y26Apxhtra4[/video]

Checkerboard

I never understood why they move the bug at night. Kind of pointless.

Three interesting things I have noticed lately:
- More promos -> Newly there exist also shorter 10s/15s versions of the regular promos.
- More bumpers -> Marathons now have bumpers for intro, outro and between. Some have multiple versions. Finally feels like a real marathon.
- The ending ribbon has stopped staying "All Rights Reserved" and newly says only "ARR".

Weird things:
- Some shows that use the new Up Next bumper (Sam/Cat, Thundermans, Hathaways, Life with Boys) don't have their own station ident, but air a Marvin ident instead.
- Legend of Korra has not station ident, nor Up Next bumper (although it exists). The show always starts late.
- The Sam/Cat promo is in Russian, don't know why since afaik Russia has its own feed. Before the ad opt out there was a third RU track (along with CZ/ENG), but afterwards it got removed.
- Old idents available in widescreen are aired in 4:3 on the ad op out.
- Ad opt out has sharper pq. No idea why and how are the opt out technically done.

There aren't any seasonal idents and no special logos. However, I'm hoping that could change and follow Nick Germany's footsteps.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
There aren't any seasonal idents and no special logos. However, I'm hoping that could change and follow Nick Germany's footsteps.
Nickelodeon ES+PT, being independent from Viacom North, does use special bumpers and logos (sparingly on the Portuguese sub-feed).

Dodokoce

Master
- The Sam/Cat promo is in Russian, don't know why since afaik Russia has its own feed. Before the ad opt out there was a third RU track (along with CZ/ENG), but afterwards it got removed.

This is how it is:
Croatian and Romanian track, Serbian and ofc Bosnian which uses Croatian audio - Czech
Czech track - Russian
Polish track - One idk which but it is Serbian or Croatian
Russian - Russian i think
Turkish - i didnt test
English - Runs normally

English and Croatian were tested on SD feed
Others were on HD feed

- Legend of Korra has not station ident, nor Up Next bumper (although it exists). The show always starts late.

I watched at 10:00 it started around 10:05 with no idents, cut right to the show, and on 17:55 it was Marvin bumper then Up Next legend of korra(german style) and then it cut to the ads/shorts and then on intro

Also when legend of aang starts around 20:55, it sometimes shows just station ident, sometimes cuts in the show directly, and rarely shows up next and other bumpers

Also they improved picture quality alot, before it would be kind of pixelated, now it is clear but not as on HD tho, it might just be provider tho. It definetly has much better quality than Disney EMEA and Mtv Music24, Nick switch to 16:9 was different to MTV switch as MTV lost its quality noticeably.

- The ending ribbon has stopped staying "All Rights Reserved" and newly says only "ARR".
It showed just SHOW NAME and under it YEAR, VIACOM INTERNATIONAL, i just saw it on spongebob, i dont remember which year it was tho

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodokoce

Master
If anyone is interested here is continuity for NickNight:
[video=youtube;f36FWkoqiuI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f36FWkoqiuI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

If anyone wants to see other channels, pm me i will try to record them, if not with recoreder then atleast with potato, depends how my box encrypts it!

Checkerboard

@Dodokoce: Interesting. The German Korra bumper is probably new, haven't seen it yet. Before Korra had the "badge" style bumper like Avatar. So that's 5 shows with this style now. I guess it's somewhat safe to say at this point that the CEE feed is becoming germanized. To me it feels a bit that way. My guess is because they are slowly preparing to split the feed and possibly launch one for Czech/Romania/Hungary. Although I see a Czech feed launching first as most likely. And when that happens I guess it will copy Nick Germany in most ways and that's the reason imho behind these subtle changes.

As for sometimes showing bumpers and sometimes not... That depends on the time left between breaks I think. I think the play out is partially automatic, although the ad opt out seems to be done manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts