International Nickelodeon Thread Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

i just said now that channel will become trash,not that it will die
OFF: Don’t be in a hurry, I was editing. Now, you can read my quote.

ON: That’s my quote after being edited, and you have to refresh it, read and quote, because I predict what’ll happen next in the future after Nickelodeon Poland unify the schedule with Nickelodeon CEE and officially obtain RRtv license in 2022.
The schedule will mostly look like Nickelodeon CEE, and later in 2022, after handover to RRtv license, it’d have some little minor changes like the DOG and its position, and look like Nickelodeon CEE and Nickelodeon Europe.

Last edited:

J10

I had a feeling Nick Poland would be merging. At least they're still keeping a bit of localisation.
This may possibly happen like what happen to VH1 (Nowadays called MTV 00s; after merging with VH1 Europe) and MTV Hits in Latin America, and also the licensing of Nickelodeon Global, which included countries, cities, and territories in Asia and Africa, like Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Armenia, Israel, Sub-Saharan region, etc.

Let’s wait and see, as Nickelodeon Poland may continue, even with RRtv license. I guess Nick Austria will do the same thing and unify their schedule with Nickeldoeon CEE (or even with Nickelodeon HD Europe) (between 6AM until 20:15 CET; excluding overnight programming), but keeping some of its localization.

Last edited:

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
It's a shame how unified everything is. This was passable in 1990, not in 2020. Back then it was a technological limit and lack of market. Now they have both the technology and market share, but to make even more money they go for the easiest solution hoping viewers will put up with it. Quite arrogant honestly.

Francisque

I had a feeling Nick Poland would be merging. At least they're still keeping a bit of localisation.
It's not dissimilar to MTV Polska in comparison to MTV Europe, these days.

I fear it might only last as a temporary period until the RRtv doesn't kick off, in 2022, as previously mentioned

I'm a bit surprised.. but I would be even more surprised if some mergers happened also in France and italy, as with Nick Jr. for instance.

That would be harder to realize, for many reasons

It's a shame how unified everything is. This was passable in 1990, not in 2020. Back then it was a technological limit and lack of market. Now they have both the technology and market share, but to make even more money they go for the easiest solution hoping viewers will put up with it. Quite arrogant honestly.
Hmm I fear it might be the strategy of these times, also: concentrating more on Paramount+, Sky Showtime or whatever and not much on anything else.
It's odd, however

But the "German/Dutch" team in particular is to be blamed.

Checkerboard

I meant that in general - not just with Nick, but also with Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, MTV and other international channels that have feeds shared by at least 3 countries, often 5-10+. It's a trend to save costs and earn more, sure, but it's a bit hard to understand at the same time. Like by this point I would expect that every country would have its own feed. Technically possible and with ads should be also financially viable. I get that they think kids don't care that much as adults, but I dunno. Then I ask what has really changed since the 90s? In principle not much. We just have better picture, better audio and more audio tracks for the most part. In some cases local ads and in rare cases localized graphics. Old shows practically unavailable. I would love to see reports of how much exactly everything costs to justify this. Seems the channels are turning to autopilot mode to promote their streaming services.

I do hope that at least when Sky Showtime launches in EMEA fully it won't be as half baked as the feeds.

Imo it really is about approach when you have smaller channels like Spektrum/Spektrum Home/Paprika/AMC and they all have fully localized feeds, similarly to Nat Geo or HBO. ViacomCBS and WarnerDiscovery have literally billions of dollars. It's just an excuse to make even more.

SprytekPL

Globox Moment
OFF: Don’t be in a hurry, I was editing. Now, you can read my quote.

ON: That’s my quote after being edited, and you have to refresh it, read and quote, because I predict what’ll happen next in the future after Nickelodeon Poland unify the schedule with Nickelodeon CEE and officially obtain RRtv license in 2022.
put at least they could left Nickelodeon Poland's schedule separate not the same as CEE feed.

J10

put at least they could left Nickelodeon Poland's schedule separate not the same as CEE feed.
OFF: I was telling you to wait for a while until everything is fine when I edit the quote, NOT to check the quote and tell me to put this one.

Checkerboard

CEE
yizjIop.jpg

1kYaJvC.jpg

J5PjXTt.jpg

Francisque

Not just Paramount Network Sweden, Nicktoons likely leaves the Sweden market (or maybe the Nordic market) on the 1st of January

AND: Nickelodeon Iberia and Nickelodeon Scandinavia don't coincide anymore, in January:

@RegularCapital @Checkerboard

Further cuts on all the Nordic feeds, as they become a UNIQUE feed, with no ad split, maybe

Last edited:

NixcoBox12

Also known as pizzabob, also a dubbing archiver

Not just Paramount Network Sweden, Nicktoons likely leaves the Sweden market (or maybe the Nordic market) on the 1st of January

AND: Nickelodeon Iberia and Nickelodeon Scandinavia don't coincide anymore, in January:

Further cuts on all the Nordic feeds, as they become a UNIQUE feed, with no ad split, maybe
I hope Nicktoons Global/CEE doesn’t close in Scandinavia, also i guess Nickelodeon Commercial Light is no more

RegularCapital

Staff member

From what I see, the schedule split happens on Christmas Day (25th December) :O I guess 1st Jan might be the official switchover day. The reason for the change? as you said the possible closure of Nicktoons, and possibly a need for full ad-support and reintroduce some on-screen localisation. The feeds technically have different licences even though the programming is exactly the same, so they would only need to contact the CVDM and rename the licences.

EDIT:

NickCVDM.png

As you can see, the Nicktoons Nordic licence expires on 1st January 2022. Each Nickelodeon Commercial Light language has its own seperate licence, so when the split happened, it can be renamed, and they can continue using it.

Last edited:

Francisque

From what I see, the schedule split happens on Christmas Day (25th December) :O I guess 1st Jan might be the official switchover day. The reason for the change? as you said the possible closure of Nicktoons, and possibly a need for full ad-support and reintroduce some on-screen localisation. The feeds technically have different licences even though the programming is exactly the same, so they would only need to contact the CVDM and rename the licences.

EDIT:

View attachment 293139

As you can see, the Nicktoons Nordic licence expires on 1st January 2022. Each Nickelodeon Commercial Light language has its own seperate licence, so when the split happened, it can be renamed, and they can continue using it.
So yeah, this pretty much confirms what no one has discovered yet, that Nicktoons will shut down in Scandinavian countries!

It'll be interesting to see the next crazy moves from the Dutch/German team..feeds separate for Iberia and Scandinavia, but are these separate feeds being shared with other areas?
They change idea every 2 months or so .

Thanks for the info anyway!

@RegularCapital likely the specific Swedish/Norwegian/Danish ads will be gone, and there'll be mixed adverts from different countries for everyone, instead of local opt outs from that day

J10

5 days left and Nickelodeon Poland will be delocalized, being unified with Nickelodeon CEE, but with having some Polish (local) opt-out, during night and overnight programming.

If this was successful in Poland, then this idea would be spread to Nickelodeon Austria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts