International Nickelodeon Thread Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insidus

Nickelodeon Africa will air Overlord And The Underwoods While Nicktoons Africa gets Big Nate
81b00b88fad2007e8abae1aecc92f3f1.jpg
b8f1ba98639dfcfb6734febe0ccbc463.jpg

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk

Insidus

Nickelodeon Africa as a separate local feed still doesn't exist, I think
I believe it should as The Loud House was banned in Kenya due to LGBTQ which affected most parts of Africa except South Africa where such is accepted. In Nickelodeon Africa feed you had a Nick SA and Nick ROA and I think Nicktoons and Nick Jr adapted to that as well cause they air The Loud House and Bubble Guppies.

Now I don't know if that ban still exists or the variation in feeds. At this point literally all kids channels have LGBTQ so the only way to avoid that would be to delete the whole channel.

I believe the African Nick channels aligned themselves with the ones internationally "to some extent" why else would Nicktoons air more current shows from Nickelodeon and revert back to the international styling.

Nicktoons Africa was filled with acquisitions as opposed to Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. repeats.

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk

J10

It’s not great to have timeshifted channel like Comedy Central +1 being timeshared. Better to be timeshared with the same channel, but without timeshifting, like before.

They should start the program immediately rather than airing a filler with Nickelodeon Germany DOG appearing on it, or create another filler before the start of program better than this one, which looks random.

Last edited:

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
That continued until the early 2000s. According to some people, the last Nickelodeon continuity always had Paramount promos before handover.

Not always, but sometimes, mainly what was coming up during the first two hours, like Different Strokes (as Nick aired Sister Sister, they did a Brother Brother promo). During the summer, they even shared programming during the 7pm hour.

J10

The TV channel list on ViacomCBS Czechia's website has been updated include Nick Poland and Nick Austria (with Nick Austria maintaining its unique identity). ViacomCBS Networks International Czech s.r.o
So, Nick Austria won't change its DOG to Nickelodeon. I wish that Nick Austria could use Nickelodeon again for few minutes and then switch to Nick after they took Czech license.

I wonder if Nick Austria would move their DOG to the right-corner like Nickelodeon CEE/Europe or not. I guess its DOG position will stay the same, unlike Nickelodeon Poland, where it’ll drop KRRiT ratings.

Last edited:

J10

The management is still the same, so apart from some local obligations, things will remain likely the same.
It’ll stay the same, inspite of management, but for Nick Poland, they’ll have to change the DOG color to orange. We all know the management will stay the same.

Moleoman

It’ll stay the same, inspite of management, but for Nick Poland, they’ll have to change the DOG color to orange. We all know the management will stay the same.
Actually, Nick Poland always has orange DOG, but they use it only during the shows.

I've also noticed that after Nick Schweiz from Nick Austria in October, both of these feeds started using textless bumpers/promos dubbed, in spite of catering only to German-speaking countries (and Nick Swiss being under different management).

J10

Actually, Nick Poland always has orange DOG, but they use it only during the shows.
I know, I was saying to end using white color in the DOG after dropping KRRiT ratings, or why not to drop the DOG during the break and after the show finished, except for the new episodes promos of the shows, new series promos, and ads for their websites.

Markus Nelis

So, Nick Austria won't change its DOG to Nickelodeon. I wish that Nick Austria could use Nickelodeon again for few minutes and then switch to Nick.
I don't see a huge difference. I think people know that Nickelodeon is Nick. I prefer it to just be Nick because it doesn't have so many letters, while Nickelodeon has.

Francisque

I've also noticed that after Nick Schweiz from Nick Austria in October, both of these feeds started using textless bumpers/promos dubbed, in spite of catering only to German-speaking countries (and Nick Swiss being under different management).
That's the same for Nickelodeon Italy and many other feeds in EMEA, white DOG during breaks and elsewhere orange (it actually also become black translucent on breaks on Nick Italy), and that's not likely to change.

But why is the Dutch/German team messing up so much with the German-speaking feeds?
First they decide to split Austria and the bigger brother (Germany), then they merge it with Switzerland, ad now this?

It doesn't make much sense.. just make Nick Austria Nick Germany with Austrian ad opt outs, and leave Switzerland "alone".

I guess the next step is one of their mysterious/odd mergers, maybe with Nick Poland (?), hence the lack of texts...

J10

That's the same for Nickelodeon Italy and many other feeds in EMEA, white DOG during breaks and elsewhere orange (it actually also become black translucent on breaks on Nick Italy), and that's not likely to change.
Not all channels, Nickelodeon Arabia on its first years with the 2009 logo, when it got relaunched in 2015 as a Pay-TV Channel again; after being closed in 2011 with the old-fashioned slime logo as an FTA Channel, it used to be white during the break until 2017, but now the DOG got dropped during the break.

Before between Mid-2017 to October 2017:

After:

From the other continuities I saw for this year, Nickelodeon Europe is different, as it dropped the DOG during the break. Also, Nickelodeon UK has their DOG orange during the break.

It doesn't make much sense.. just make Nick Austria Nick Germany with Austrian ad opt outs, and leave Switzerland "alone".

I guess the next step is one of their mysterious/odd mergers, maybe with Nick Poland (?), hence the lack of texts...
We’ll wait and see. They may do that like what happen to VH1 Latin America & VH1 Europe merging together, months before becoming MTV 00s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts