International Nickelodeon Thread Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToonJay723

Staff member
The last thread reached 1,000 posts, so continue discussion here.

Click here to see the previous International Nickelodeon Thread.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Are you sure that's Nick UK? The channel never showed Real Ghostbusters in the noughties. They did air Slimer & The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters in the'90s, though.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Promos from Nickelodeon NL in 2007. Look how extremely localized it was.

Promos for the new series Rickie Sprocket and Animaniacs, also promos for SuperNick, Sportlets (original Dutch series), SpongeBob top 100, Het Huis Anubis and Avatar.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Nickelodeon UK continuity from January 2, 2005.
Are you sure that's Nick UK? The channel never showed Real Ghostbusters in the noughties. They did air Slimer & The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters in the'90s, though.
I've changed the video link after discovering said video was fan-made.

bezbebeknana

Rugrats(2021) starts in November at Nickelodeon Turkey. I'm happy to be able to see this kind of Paramount Plus series. Because we don't have Paramount Plus in Turkey yet. I hope JoJo Siwa's ''The J Team'' airs as well.

We were able to watch ''Are You Afraid of the Dark'' season 9 this year without any censorship. Almost the final episode will air. Airing such programs is generally a problem for the Radio and Television Supreme Council. Many channels are in a mess right now because of the ridiculous and exaggerated censorship rules. Radio and Television Supreme Council examines the contents, shows, movies or any to the finest detail and warns channels not to air some of them. This thing is starting to get ridiculous.
We haven't aired Victorious in years because it involves kissing on screen, revealing outfits, and some slang. The same goes for iCarly. Except for Season 1, all other seasons haven't been aired for years. If they want to air it, they have to censor it. But they don't do this because it is an EU/CEE upstream channel with the Language option. Our schedule is the same with other countries, and whatever we have, it is there too. The channel management is looking for country-based decisions and determines the air contents accordingly. I apologize for the CEE countries that couldn't air Victorious because of Turkey's rules :p

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!

J10

@RegularCapital @Francisque ViacomCBS has applied for Czech licenses for Nick Poland and Nick Austria. Polski Nickelodeon ubiega się o koncesję w Czechach

Maybe these feeds will merge
They won’t merge the feeds.

If merger happens, then the schedule will change, they’ll extend broadcasting hours in Austria, and the logo will expand too for Austria, moving their DOG to the right like Nickelodeon Europe (CEE) & Nickelodeon Global. Austria would no longer be with the Germans in terms of schedule and programming, and that the channel there will be encrypted on Cable & Sky Deutschland (Austrian Viewers Only).

Last edited:

J10

Not merging, they're just moving the licenses indeed.. strange Austria is moving too
He said both feeds may merge, but it’s impossible to happen as they’re too different to both of these countries and markets.

For Austria, I guess many changes will happen after Czech license, as the channel may drop Austria from the logo, and move the logo to the right, with its DOG, original name, appearing on-screen, or would remain as it is, Nick, in shorten form. Unknown if the schedule for the channel is affected or not, but I guess it’ll be affected and changed.

I wonder if Comedy Central Austria would no longer air on Nickelodeon there, just after obtaining Czech license, and turn the Austrian channel as a 24/7 Channel like both Nickelodeon Global and Nickelodeon Europe.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
I guess Nick Austria will now detach itself from Nick Germany, considering it's now under a different broadcast authority/country, it can also mean that Nick Austria has less restrictions than Nick Germany.

Yet, again, this move probably wouldn't have happened if Nick Switzerland was taken over by CH Media on 1st October. It could well be a holding out period whilst looking for a broadcast partner for Nick Austria, both Austria and Switzerland are quite similar countries after all.

It seems that ViacomCBS is either amalgamating the minor markets to keep a linear pay-TV presence, or find a local broadcast partner, the former seems to be the most common option.

The Polish move is obviously about what's happening with the Lex TVN legislation that been ongoing at the moment.

Insidus

Is it safe to say Nicktoons South Africa (and ROA) are now part of Nick Global with variations?

1. The Nick Jr block is still active

2. The schedule luckily consists of a mostly Nick originals some ongoing: The Loud House (not sure if ROA has it due to some ban from decades ago), The Casagrandes, Middlemost Post (November), It's Pony and Barbarian And The Troll.

Also the channel stopped using the U.S. graphics and reverted to International counterparts graphics.

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk

SprytekPL

Globox Moment
Is it safe to say Nicktoons South Africa (and ROA) are now part of Nick Global with variations?

1. The Nick Jr block is still active

2. The schedule luckily consists of a mostly Nick originals some ongoing: The Loud House (not sure if ROA has it due to some ban from decades ago), The Casagrandes, Middlemost Post (November), It's Pony and Barbarian And The Troll.

Also the channel stopped using the U.S. graphics and reverted to International counterparts graphics.

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk
Give screenshot of Nicktoons Africa using UK branding.

Walker

Rugrats(2021) starts in November at Nickelodeon Turkey. I'm happy to be able to see this kind of Paramount Plus series. Because we don't have Paramount Plus in Turkey yet. I hope JoJo Siwa's ''The J Team'' airs as well.

We were able to watch ''Are You Afraid of the Dark'' season 9 this year without any censorship. Almost the final episode will air. Airing such programs is generally a problem for the Radio and Television Supreme Council. Many channels are in a mess right now because of the ridiculous and exaggerated censorship rules. Radio and Television Supreme Council examines the contents, shows, movies or any to the finest detail and warns channels not to air some of them. This thing is starting to get ridiculous.
We haven't aired Victorious in years because it involves kissing on screen, revealing outfits, and some slang. The same goes for iCarly. Except for Season 1, all other seasons haven't been aired for years. If they want to air it, they have to censor it. But they don't do this because it is an EU/CEE upstream channel with the Language option. Our schedule is the same with other countries, and whatever we have, it is there too. The channel management is looking for country-based decisions and determines the air contents accordingly. I apologize for the CEE countries that couldn't air Victorious because of Turkey's rules :p
All episodes of iCarly and Victorious were broadcast in Turkey (more precisely, Nickelodeon CEE). Between 2005 and 2011, TV series such as Victorious, Tuff Puppy, House of Anubis, Avatar: Korra were also not shown. Apart from that, the last seasons of series such as Zoey 101, Drake and Josh were never shown because there was a special broadcast for Turkey and it was bad at airing new episodes. New episodes like now would not be released immediately. Also in Turkey, Nickeldoeon has the RTÜK (Radio and Television Supreme Council) license, so there is a Turkish program between 03:00 and 05:00 on some days, but apart from that, there is CEE broadcasting in our country.

1634838748777.png

Also, I'm wondering, why does Nickelodeon Europe HD show its logo as Nick (or rather shorten it) at a certain moment of the Program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts