International Nickelodeon thread part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lkoui

Last Monday, Nick NL has premiered Noobees S2 and continues airing at 19:30 on weekdays. This time airing episodes in full format. IIRC due to the 45 min format S1 episodes have been broken up as two parters (Mo Part 1 E1 and Tue Part 2 E1.)

kb6000

Nickelodeon CEE (Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Turkey) schedule for Monday, February 15 to Sunday, February 21.
Nickelodeon schedule 2021.02.15-21.png

kb6000

Nickelodeon CEE (Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Turkey), Nicktoons CEE (Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia) and TeenNick Hungary schedules for Monday, February 22 to Sunday, February 28.
Nickelodeon schedule 2021.02.22-28.png
Nicktoons schedule 2021.02.22-28.png
TeenNick schedule 2021.02.22-28.png

Last edited:

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Oldest Nickelodeon HUN schedule that I could find - 12 March 2001 (taken from the MTVA archive)
RTV
And schedules from 5-7 December 2004 - these were one of the final weeks before UPC removed the channel on 20 December that year, so after that, until 2008 it was only available in 115K (!) households! (Hungary's population is about 9-10 million)
http://web.archive.org/web/20041205.../pls/tv/tv.channel?i_ch=41&i_days=1&i_where=1

Nick Mick

Now forget and be content ♥
Okay, so, earlier this month, a Reddit user on r/greece posted a little rant about the downfall of Nickelodeon in Greece. One/two days later, a comment on it was made by an account called NickelGr, which was created the same day: it was basically saying that "look, as time flies, kids' preferences about cartoons change and one day today's kids will also reminiscence the times they were watching these cartoons. This is how time works and we can't change this. But, we can host an one-time marathon on February 12 to remember the good old days. Recommend some shows we could air and leave the rest to us!". It was confirmed via email that this was indeed an account of Nickelodeon Greece itself and not some troll. And the reddit users started recommending shows..

On February 12, one episode from each of the following shows aired in this order, from 10pm to 2am:
CatDog
SpongeBob SquarePants
The Fairly OddParents!
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
Danny Phantom
As Told by Ginger
Fanboy and Chum Chum
ChalkZone
Rugrats

• The last two shows weren't mentioned in advertisements for the event; an episode from each of the two were probably broadcast to fill time (at some points, there were on ad breaks between episodes throughtout the marathon)
  • From each of all the shows listed, the first episode in production order aired, minus The Fairly OddParents! (S05E12, the first episode that's not distributed by Nelvana, would logically air, but instead they aired the first episode of Season 10)
  • The marathon was sponsored by Pizza Fan, a pizza restaurant that has been getting advertised on TV and web by Nickelodeon Greece for a long time now. (screenbugs promoting a certain deal by Pizza Hut would apear every so ofter during the marathon, on the bottom right corner)
  • A poll on youpoll.me had been created by the OP on February 5, about what show would Reddit users want Nick to air. Among the top 10 were Rocko's Modern Life, The Angry Beavers, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, and Rocket Power, which didn't air at all. (I won't put a link to it because some people put racial slurs on the options) That may happened because A) Nickelodeon forgot to look at the poll, or B) They considered these shows too outdated. A friend of mine told me that Angry Beavers only ever aired during the station's transition phase from Local TV to Nickelodeon (lasted from July to September of 2010). Rocko lasted a little longer I think, and the latter two did air for some years (I'm 100% sure they never made it past 2015). However, all shows Nickelodeon Greece aired on this marathon (let aside Ginger and ChalkZone) were on air at least 1-3 years ago. As a matter of fact, Rugrats has been airing for 2 years now, as part of a Nickelodeon Classics one-hour block that's airing on weekends.
Overall, unless someone happens to have almost all episodes of these shows on their hard drive (there have been some really good preservations of these shows' Greek dubs ever since Nickelodeon Greece was launched, that have been shared online), I guess one would like it. Though it bugs me that it was an one-time one; with the advent of streaming services, airing once episodes from old shows isn't a good way of exploiting these shows. And besides, just because something is old, thst doesn't mean it automatically does not conform with today's children's preferences.
If these shows used not to have good ratings, Nickelodeon Greece could be more straightforward about that. These shows could be released on DVD, but this isn't Nickelodeon Greece's (or Restis Media Group's in general for that matter) job. Plus, book publisher Pedio Editions and others(?) (released DVDs of SpongeBob, Dora, Diego, PAW Patrol, Blaze and Shimmer and Shine etc.) were producing budget DVDs, and budget DVDs are now dead in Greece. I even asked via telephone over Pedio, which hadn't made any new DVD releases in 2020, about whether or not they will make new SpongeBob DVDs and they told me no. Also, Nick+ on Cosmote TV has no old shows at all.

But I digress.

(Among others, clips from the first FOP intro and the SpongeBob episode "Surf N' Turf" can be sene on the promo; the latter was used on a previous Greek SpongeBob promo)

Plus stuff I used from my rec of the event:

Nick Mick

Now forget and be content ♥
Ok far 4, so, Greek local kids station Smile TV (Athens) will start today (March 1) airing on weekdays and weekends Infinity Nado. The theme song from the Greek dub that airs on Nickelodeon Greece is heard on the trailer, which means that this won't be another dub. Smile had previously bought the rights to Rabbids Invasion from Ubisoft, and because of that, they made a different dub from the one that aired on Nickelodeon Greece.

Nickelodeon Greece currently airs Infinity Nado on Mondays and Fridays.

EDIT: Yep, it's the same dub.

An interview with Lykourgos Markoudes, co-host of the long-running well-known children's program Disney Club (a programming block similar to The Disney Afternoon, with live action segments in between). According to him, shortly after he left Disney Club in 2000, he got to host a children's block on panhellenic channel Alpha TV which as far as I know, would air SpongeBob, Rugrats and The Wild Thornberrys. He says that the block was short-lived due to budget costs (probably had to do with the aftermath of financially damaging pay-TV counterpart Alpha Digital, which also included a kids block full of Nickelodeon shows).

Last edited:

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Nickelodeon International and ViacomCBS-owned Australian free-to-air broadcaster, Network 10, today announced their first-ever partnership with the greenlight of Taylor’s Island (working title).

Produced by Fremantle, with major production investment from Screen Australia, the new original live-action series will premiere across Nickelodeon channels around the world, beginning early 2022.

As part of the agreement, Nordic Entertainment Group is also a partner, premiering Taylor’s Island as an exclusive Viaplay Original on their Viaplay streaming service in the Nordic and Baltic markets.

The 20 x 22-minute action-packed comedy filmed in Queensland follows Taylor Young, a girl who is fascinated by the phenomena surrounding a mysterious island, ever since her uncle’s disappearance there.

dcbanners

I don't know if this has already been mentioned here but apparently the Swedish Nickelodeon feed has closed down. All promos and idents are completely text-free similar to Nickelodeon CEE. Anyone who knows what has really happened? Have they merged the Scandinavian feeds into a single one? It's also broadcasting 24/7 now which they weren't doing before.

A bit sad to see this happening considering that Nickelodeon Sweden was the first (and only) channel here to get its own feed already back in 2008 (as compared to Cartoon Network & Disney Channel).

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I don't know if this has already been mentioned here but apparently the Swedish Nickelodeon feed has closed down. All promos and idents are completely text-free similar to Nickelodeon CEE. Anyone who knows what has really happened? Have they merged the Scandinavian feeds into a single one? It's also broadcasting 24/7 now which they weren't doing before.

A bit sad to see this happening considering that Nickelodeon Sweden was the first (and only) channel here to get its own feed already back in 2008 (as compared to Cartoon Network & Disney Channel).
In the past few years Viacom(CBS) has been merging more and more Nick feeds than what Disney did with its secondary channels, while Disney sorta hung the towel by saying that it was a cost-cutting measure to invest on Disney+, ViacomCBS seems to hide it from the public.

Marty

Kutubukukartun and sinyal kartun reporter
Hello Folks, Let Me Introduce i am new member here. this is my report about kids choice awards starts on nickelodeon asia.

New episode loud house starts 1-5 march and alvinn!!! and chipmunks march 22-26 2021

Capture_2021_03_06_19_47_44_590-1024x569.png
Capture_2021_03_06_19_47_47_376-1024x569.png

and new segmen to celebrate girls power special starts 8 march 2021 for more information check out this link with video promo.

Last edited:

Marty

Kutubukukartun and sinyal kartun reporter
Last edited:

Francisque

They're getting crazy with these mergers.. they started with merging all Scandinavian feeds, now the Iberian/Walloon one lol

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Starting next Monday, the night schedule on Nickelodeon Flanders will change. Most old programs will get replaced by European shows. The European shows are bolded.

21:00 The Thundermans
21:22 Cool Factor
21:45 Droomkamers (x2)
22:27 Alvinnn!!! and the Chipmunks (x2)
23:11 De Ludwigs (x4)
23:54 Het Huis Anubis (x4)
00:43 Creator Camp (x2)
01:06 CatDog
01:29 LEGO City Adventures
01:50 Danny Phantom
02:13 Fairly OddParents
02:25 Regal Academy (x3)
03:34 Winx Club (x4)
-05:00

The following programs have been removed:
Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, All Grown Up, Sanjay and Craig, some American tweencoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts