International Nickelodeon thread part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
@RandomMe I totally agree. Nick should be looking to make more localised versions, not less. I'm still shocked Nick Africa now using the pan-regional feed, yet Nicktoons is still independent. It should be the other way around.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
EmXYJkq.jpg

5URsvGD.jpg

New CEE

Muppetman2003

Blue's Clues was put on Noggin on Apple TV recently and apparently, according to its additional audio options, there were both Hungarian and Romanian dubs(I'm using the french page)
Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 3.03.30 PM.png

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
@RegularCapital Following on from NickMusic, Nick Latin America today launched TeenNick!

The channel replaces Nick 2, which itself launched in 2015 as a replacement for Nick HD.

Unlike NickMusic, TeenNick LatAm seems locally programmed.

At least they haven't used their crazy global strategy, it seems that animation has fell out of favour in Latin America in favour of live-action, at least their version of Nick is animation focused, from what I see it is.

Moleoman

Judging from the recordings, it seems like TeenNick Latin America for some reason is operated by VIMN Germany, given that some shows are PAL spedup (such as "iCarly"), promos are textless and credits are cut:

Also, LAE Spanish version of "The Bureau of Magical Things" promo features audio clips from English version in spite of Latin American Spanish dub existing: El club de las cosas mágicas

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
It's Pony premiered here on Monday, we had that countdown too, it premiered after SpongeBob.

Also TeenNick Latin America has been airing an episode of The Thundermans in Castillan Spanish. Another sign of this assimilation. Maybe this means that it will end up launching in Europe.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
And what would TeenNick air here? The same thing it airs elsewhere? They could diversify it like this:

Nick = premieres of original and acquired animated and live shows
Nick Jr = just new and old original and acquired Nick Jr stuff
NickToons = new and old original and acquired only animated shows
TeenNick = new and old original and acquired only live shows + music videos during breaks

Also, will NickToons here get the new graphics next month?

Last edited:

Francisque

I do wonder if we will get a Nick Music channel in the UK.
With music channels in the UK, especially by Viacom, dropping like flies?

A music channel in the UK, even targeting kids, would be more likely be in the music section anyway

Well, I am hoping that some spots left open as a result of the announced closures will be occupied as a result.
CBBC anxd CBeebies on 607 and 608, from October

609, 610 and 611 might be taken by the likes of POP and CITV

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I just realized that there are two different schedules for Nickelodeon / Spike Flanders o_O

proximustv.be and nickelodeon.nl say that Nickelodeon Flanders ends at 22:00.

yeloplay.be and spiketv.nl say that Spike Flanders starts at 21:05. This has been the case since December 2016, but it might have changed recently?

I will check it out this evening.

EDIT: Spike and Telenet are right. Nothing has changed, Spike starts at 21:05.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts