International Nickelodeon thread part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
With Viacom having ties to China and China being a big market I'm not surprised they want to open a park there.

Some CEE
me45UyA.jpg

er0suxQ.jpg

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I just don't like the way VIacomCBS is working just to downsize local operations. I wonder what happened, Nickelodeon was never a KidsCo.

Also, cutting the end credits + shorter breaks between shows = increasing the amount of reruns, even though it's at a smaller margin.

animegamer

Nick India unsurprisingly becomes the number 1 kids network from week 27, 2019 to week 28, 2020

1595765621522.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Even Clan TVE stopped showing the first five seasons of SpongeBob. Don't know why. Probably because they want more episodes in widescreen (season 9+)? ViacomCBS has beeen handling SpongeBob over here so poorly, last summer it was still OK to watch older seasons as part of weekend specials, but that was during SpongeBob's 20th.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
That sometimes happened when Nick UK used to air Magic School Bus, the intro just had the background music and sound effects, but no singing. :lol:

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
After the launch of Nicktoons EMEA/LATAM for ex-Yugoslavia, the episode of The Loud House played with no vocals whether it's on some audio tracks.

You mean "Lincoln Loud: Girl Guru"? This was due to the fact that this episode was not dubbed. The same problem as on CEE airings of this episode in Czech, Hungarian, Bulgarian and Romanian, about which I mentioned some time ago.

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
You mean "Lincoln Loud: Girl Guru"? This was due to the fact that this episode was not dubbed. The same problem as on CEE airings of this episode in Czech, Hungarian, Bulgarian and Romanian, about which I mentioned some time ago.

It’s still unclear if Nick International are dubbing their shows from home or TLH hasn’t premiered in those countries yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
It’s still unclear if Nick International are dubbing their shows from home or TLH hasn’t premiered in those countries yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The point is this ep is officially banned and it wasn't dubbed in 2016-17 when Nick CEE used to be available in Russian.
Of course, this episode was dubbed into Polish.

ChickyBro

taiga is great
[Thailand]
Nickelodeon just got added to AIS PLAY not long ago. The feed is in 1080i while it's just 576i on TrueVisions.

However, the subtitles on AIS PLAY are stretched from 4:3 to 169.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Muppetman2003

@Ghostbuster well yeah but it was actually supposed to premire back in March

Also Paddington Bear got new a generic promo for Nick Jr Scandinavia(and I'm assuming CEE).
Sadly, I missed the second image.

vlcsnap-2020-08-01-06h21m20s109.png
vlcsnap-2020-08-01-06h21m24s587.png

RegularCapital

Staff member
However the UK at ViacomCBS is now grouped with Australia. How rare.

What's also bizarre is that the London office now oversees the Asia-Pacific operations (EMEAA if you will: ViacomCBS Networks EMEAA - Wikipedia) which still has local management and offices in Asia, this is not to be confused with the UK/AUS team though who specifically run those channels in those countries. After Brexit, the management will still be there, just the actual EU transmission will mostly take place in Amsterdam or Prague, most likely via IP like what they've already been doing.

Same for WarnerMedia in London, the EMEA executive now oversees APAC (while still maintaining a base in Singapore and Hong Kong), the International exec (the EMEA/APAC exec's boss) is usually based there too. For EU transmission, WarnerMedia is opting for Germany, more specifically Munich.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts