International Nickelodeon thread part 11

Latest News & Videos

Ghostbuster

Inside No. 9
Oct 23, 2015
London, UK
@RandomMe I totally agree. Nick should be looking to make more localised versions, not less. I'm still shocked Nick Africa now using the pan-regional feed, yet Nicktoons is still independent. It should be the other way around.

Reactions: Checkerboard

Muppetman2003

Dec 16, 2017
Blue's Clues was put on Noggin on Apple TV recently and apparently, according to its additional audio options, there were both Hungarian and Romanian dubs(I'm using the french page)
Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 3.03.30 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghostbuster
@RegularCapital Following on from NickMusic, Nick Latin America today launched TeenNick!

The channel replaces Nick 2, which itself launched in 2015 as a replacement for Nick HD.

Unlike NickMusic, TeenNick LatAm seems locally programmed.

At least they haven't used their crazy global strategy, it seems that animation has fell out of favour in Latin America in favour of live-action, at least their version of Nick is animation focused, from what I see it is.

Moleoman

Jan 22, 2011
Poland
Judging from the recordings, it seems like TeenNick Latin America for some reason is operated by VIMN Germany, given that some shows are PAL spedup (such as "iCarly"), promos are textless and credits are cut:

Also, LAE Spanish version of "The Bureau of Magical Things" promo features audio clips from English version in spite of Latin American Spanish dub existing: El club de las cosas mágicas

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
May 25, 2010
Cartoon Headquarters
And what would TeenNick air here? The same thing it airs elsewhere? They could diversify it like this:

Nick = premieres of original and acquired animated and live shows
Nick Jr = just new and old original and acquired Nick Jr stuff
NickToons = new and old original and acquired only animated shows
TeenNick = new and old original and acquired only live shows + music videos during breaks

Also, will NickToons here get the new graphics next month?

Last edited:
Reactions: SpongieLoud

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
I do wonder if we will get a Nick Music channel in the UK.
With music channels in the UK, especially by Viacom, dropping like flies?

A music channel in the UK, even targeting kids, would be more likely be in the music section anyway

Well, I am hoping that some spots left open as a result of the announced closures will be occupied as a result.
CBBC anxd CBeebies on 607 and 608, from October

609, 610 and 611 might be taken by the likes of POP and CITV

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
I just realized that there are two different schedules for Nickelodeon / Spike Flanders o_O

proximustv.be and nickelodeon.nl say that Nickelodeon Flanders ends at 22:00.

yeloplay.be and spiketv.nl say that Spike Flanders starts at 21:05. This has been the case since December 2016, but it might have changed recently?

I will check it out this evening.

EDIT: Spike and Telenet are right. Nothing has changed, Spike starts at 21:05.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghostbuster