International HBO Max News Thread

RegularCapital

Staff member
WarnerMedia International has appointed Canal+ executive Vera Peltekian as VP and commissioning editor of original production for France. Based in Paris, Vera will commission original programming for HBO Max. Because of her connections at Canal+, this could possibly be a way to persuade Canal+ to exit the OCS partnership (and also possibly and more importantly Orange), so HBO Max can launch early in France

Markus Nelis

I don't know about other Nordic countries but in Finland who subscribe this month can get a cheap deal of 4.49 euros a month. The deal isn't going to end. I for example subscribed to the service and I have to pay this much only. Some people have been critical with it but I like this.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I don't know about other Nordic countries but in Finland who subscribe this month can get a cheap deal of 4.49 euros a month. The deal isn't going to end. I for example subscribed to the service and I have to pay this much only. Some people have been critical with it but I like this.
Can you please tell us if Samurai Jack season 5 and Young Justice season 3 and 4 are available on HBO Max Nordic? I would love to know.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Argentine drama High Tide will debut on HBO Max Central Europe next year.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Samurai Jack S5 yes, Young Justice no.
Thank you :) I have another question: is HBO Max Nordic available in Spanish? Can you watch the programs / put the settings in Spanish?

If HBO Max ever comes to Belgium, I would totally pay for it if I could watch everything in English, Dutch, French and Swedish. So I really hope the languages will be somewhat unified like on Netflix and Disney+.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Once HBO Max arrives in the UK during this decade, I really hope that they don't follow what the US version has done as in removing selected content on a rotating basis.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Once HBO Max arrives in the UK during this decade, I really hope that they don't follow what the US version has done as in removing selected content on a rotating basis.
I can't see how HBO Max elsewhere would be any different, they also want to make money from electronic sell-through and physical home video so they don't want to make HBO Max too perfect. Also adding/removing/readding content is a marketing strategy to create an illusion that a load of new content is added each month.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I can't see how HBO Max elsewhere would be any different, they also want to make money from electronic sell-through and physical home video so they don't want to make HBO Max too perfect. Also adding/removing/readding content is a marketing strategy to create an illusion that a load of new content is added each month.
I understand that though the reason why I made that post was due to the fact that there are people who are getting tired of it as it's not just HBO Max that does it since other studio-owned streaming services do it too like Disney+, Peacock and Paramount+ but fair enough.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts