International HBO Max News Thread

AdrenalineRush1996

The first episode of Euphoria season 2 has arrived on HBO Max Spain, a day after its American premiere.

RegularCapital

HBO Max will also be launching in Turkey, Baris Zavaroglu has been appointed as director general.

Markus Nelis

Added today on HBO Max Nordic.

The West Wing Season 3
Robot Chicken Season 11
Wild Wild West
Deep Blue Sea
A Prophet
Selena + Chef
Twirly Woos

J10

HBO Max will also be launching in Turkey, Baris Zavaroglu has been appointed as director general.

So, after that, Kral Sakir will later in the future become a HBO Max Türk Original, and will no longer be a CN Turkey Original, and that Grafi2000 will continue to produce it for HBO Max Türk.

RegularCapital

WarnerMedia International has appointed Clémentine Bobin as Senior Creative Executive, working across development and creative production for Max Originals commissioned and produced in France, which will stream on HBO Max.

J10

Currently, MENA and Sub-Saharan Region would keep their agreements, as OSN renewed HBO agreement.
OSN renews their agreement with HBO.

That happened after Disney+ content left OSN for good, as of New Year Eve of 2022; effective January 1st, 2022.

My guess is that MENA & Sub-Saharan Region could renew their agreements. beIN should end their agreements with WB due to Harry Potter being on OSN, and move back to OSN again.

Currently, they should launch HBO Max in MENA via Jawwy TV, OSN, and StarzPlay, just like Discovery+.

What’s next?! Ending WarnerMedia agreement with beIN and going back to OSN?! And all WB brand going back to OSN, all-in-one, leaving beIN?!

They should launch HBO Max currently on Jawwy TV, OSN, & StarzPlay, just like Discovery+.

RegularCapital

Vodafone Greece is "in advanced discussions" with WarnerMedia for the promotion of HBO Max through Vodafone TV.

Currently, MENA and Sub-Saharan Region would keep their agreements, as OSN renewed HBO agreement.

They should launch HBO Max currently on Jawwy TV, OSN, & StarzPlay, just like Discovery+.

Now that HBO and Turner are the same thing, they could end the exclusivity on beIN and hopefully be on all platforms (which probably won't happen), or CN can return to OSN, but I guess that depends on when the carriage deal ends.

J10

Now that HBO and Turner are the same thing, they could end the exclusivity on beIN and hopefully be on all platforms (which probably won't happen), or CN can return to OSN, but I guess that depends on when the carriage deal ends.
This might happen in the future, and that non-exclusivity would return. Hope they could bring back CN to OSN in the future (and going back to pre-2016), as the UAE changed their weekends to Saturday-Sunday, and CN MENA always depends on KSA timing and their weekends, Friday and Saturday, as they should change its name to CN Arabic HD.

I remember in the 2000s, when CN and TCM were non-exclusive to any Arabic Satellite Premium Provider, such as Orbit, Showtime, and ART. Then, Orbit and Showtime got merged to become OSN, and non-exclusivity rights to any provider has ended, but for TCM, it went non-exclusive again via My-HD (now-defunct company in 2020), between 2014 and January 2016 (the year beIN took the rights).

TCM has left beIN this month, but maybe it may return via OSN, whether in its current name or with renaming it to Warner TV, or maybe broadcast TNT Africa on OSN.

Also, last year, OSN had an agreement with WarnerMedia regarding Adult Swim content, and launched an Adult Swim Pop-up channel.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

This might happen in the future, and that non-exclusivity would return. Hope they could bring back CN to OSN in the future (and going back to pre-2016), as the UAE changed their weekends to Saturday-Sunday, and CN MENA always depends on KSA timing and their weekends, Friday and Saturday, as they should change its name to CN Arabic HD.

I remember in the 2000s, when CN and TCM were non-exclusive to any Arabic Satellite Premium Provider, such as Orbit, Showtime, and ART. Then, Orbit and Showtime got merged to become OSN, and non-exclusivity rights to any provider has ended, but for TCM, it went non-exclusive again via My-HD (now-defunct company in 2020), between 2014 and January 2016 (the year beIN took the rights).

TCM has left beIN this month, but maybe it may return via OSN, whether in its current name or with renaming it to Warner TV, or maybe broadcast TNT Africa on OSN.

Also, last year, OSN had an agreement with WarnerMedia regarding Adult Swim content, and launched an Adult Swim Pop-up channel.

I hope this exclusivity nonsense is put to an end, where you have to have two providers to get a full pay-TV experience and go back to the way things were. It seems that WarnerMedia is all over the place, as the Turner and HBO channels were negotiated seperately before it became one division.

According to Slovak media and tech news website Zive, HBO Max will launch in Slovakia on 22nd February 2022. HBO Max príde na Slovensko budúci mesiac. Vieme presný deň a detaily

HBO Max in Latin America and Eastern Europe has picked up the first two seasons of Bagdasarian Productions’ CG-animated series ALVINNN!!! and the Chipmunks. This is another sign that an Eastern European launch for HBO Max is very soon.

Markus Nelis

Yesterday added on HBO Max Nordic:

Peacemaker S1 EPS 1-3
Superman & Lois S2
And Just Like That S 1

Added today:
Folklore S2
Station Eleven S1
Batwoman S3
A Discovery of Witches S3

Cézar_Delacierra

Megas XLR was added today on HBO MAX Latin America
Screenshot_20220115-163808.png

AdrenalineRush1996

HBO Max Europe has picked up the pan-European streaming rights to air the documentary series Kingdom of Dreams.

AdrenalineRush1996

HBO Max was the SVoD platform with the highest growth in Spain in Q1 2021 under their previous name HBO España.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Asa
My Babysitter's a Vampire will release on HBO Max later this year

Could we be getting more Fresh TV content on the service in the future?
harry580 wrote on trfan's profile.
hi, turning red fan, I like turning red too
after watching Dr. Strange 2. I'm glad Sam Raimi gets to direct another film and put his filmmaking trademarks in their but at the same time It's still another manufactured Marvel movie and they got to hit certain beats or else audiences wouldn't like it.

I don't know if it's me getting tired of superhero films or me getting older and growing out of them and want to expand my movie tastes
I wonder if Mattel is going to make an animated Masters of the Universe project that includes the Sun Man and the Rulers of the Sun characters? It would be....interesting to see Pighead and Skeletor team up to fight their respective heroes.
I really wish greenlit the GKND!

Featured Posts