International Disney Networks Thread Part 9

Francisque

Here are the new idents of Disney Channel EMEA.
Wow, much better than I thought, they make it closer to the US operation somehow, while keeping it original; I guess it's just a matter of time before they arrive to other EMEA feeds

I've just checked Disney Channel Poland (which is part of the same region cluster as DC EMEA) and it's still having older logo.
Same for other CEE operations, I guess that it's due to the recycled Summer branding

Rrr

The new look for EMEA looks much better than expected; it actually looks quite professional, reminds me a bit of something the US feed would make, very stylish! hoping this one rolls out to the other feeds as well :O
Moleoman said:
I've just checked Disney Channel Poland (which is part of the same region cluster as DC EMEA) and it's still having older logo.
Yeah, the Scandinavian feed also has the same summer branding as the last two years, maybe it’ll adapt to the newer branding after that, we’ll see

cheers

Last edited:

Francisque

Hmm... So finally a new look. I actually like this one as it gives me Disney+ look vibes. Can't wait to see it launch on DCs in Europe rollout soon
And also, the ears from the I are gone

Interesting how the US and EMEA feeds have moved aparrt, I guess the US graphics possibly causing epilepsy don't help... And probably not as "international" as the bubble look was

Moleoman

Short break from Disney Channel MEA/Poland/Turkey subfeed of DC Scandinavia during "Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior" from 2008:

From what I remember, non-DCOMs at the time never had breaks in the middle on this feed.

Francisque

That must be 2007, rather?

The premiere of What time is it, was in 2007, along with hSM2

Rrr

Short break from Disney Channel MEA/Poland/Turkey subfeed of DC Scandinavia during "Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior" from 2008:

From what I remember, non-DCOMs at the time never had breaks in the middle on this feed.
Those empty squares at 0:26 : P
Anyways for sharing!

cheers

RegularCapital

Those empty squares at 0:26 : P
Anyways for sharing!

cheers

I can understand why the squares are empty because the days of the week are different from language to language (it's not like the Scandinavian languages where they're near enough identical).

However, as the block list is denoted by a blue block where its position corresponds to the day of the week the show/movie/special airs, they could've at least used numerals just like what they did for the time.

Rrr

Yeah, here it’s always been MTOTFLS, but for the pan feed which doesn’t have any supporting letters it just looks odd
I agree with you that numbers on the squares instead would at least make more sense for them than what they eventually got

Markus Nelis

DC Nordic has the English Audio Track anyway. Promos are also English. Sure, MTOTFLS can be weird for Baltic viewers, but not much for Finland's as we know most kids channels have SWE/DK/NO languages in promos so with MTOTFLS, we know what it means.

Walker

I can understand why the squares are empty because the days of the week are different from language to language (it's not like the Scandinavian languages where they're near enough identical).

However, as the block list is denoted by a blue block where its position corresponds to the day of the week the show/movie/special airs, they could've at least used numerals just like what they did for the time.
Isn't it a wrong decision to show the clock? I mean, it looks like the movie will be shown at 15:55. But I know that Poland and Turkey or MEA do not have the same time zone. Even if it was edited and sung in the audio track, wouldn't the visual be a bit misleading?
DC Nordic has the English Audio Track anyway. Promos are also English. Sure, MTOTFLS can be weird for Baltic viewers, but not much for Finland's as we know most kids channels have SWE/DK/NO languages in promos so with MTOTFLS, we know what it means.
It seems more correct to write the date on the image (For example, 16 December 2009 = 16.12.2009)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Friday August 19 at 8:00 am can be described as the John Stamos hour since he's doing voice work in the shows that have premieres on the Disney Junior block (Mickey Mouse Funhouse and Spidey And His Amazing Friends). They're even being simulcast on the Disney Junior channel.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of Sonic Mania. As someone who had their introduction to video games through the Sega Genesis Days of Sega's mascot, this game was a dream come true for me and I am hopeful it will receive a sequel some day in the future.
Smiling Friends' Brazil Special is basically Foster's Goes to Europe done right.
Check out @stephane dumas 's "SD Sketches" thread on The Drawing Board! Can you believe he's been doing this since 2011? Holy smokes!

I wouldn't be surprised if this got a show at some point.

Featured Posts