International Disney Networks Thread Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

animegamer

Astro removing the channels few months ago may have suddenly made them think of shutting down the channels. After all, Disney channels cannot live without Astro.

I wonder what’s gonna happen to this:

I don’t know what’s stopping Disney from at least launching a limited version of Disney+ worldwide containing Disney+ originals and Disney Channel originals? I understand movies and TV shows may have rights issues but it can’t be the case for D+ and DC originals

Francisque

This was a seemingly interesting continuity showing an intermediate look between the upcoming 98 one with DOG on all the time and at the top right (with the blue and red circle elements, which would inspire the better 1999 package: DC Italy and France launched with the 1998 package), and the 1996-7 (?) One.
Before 97 normally the DOG was at the bottom, and was a bit bigger.
Since back then there was no automation for DOGs, it was a lot of work to make it disappear and appear in and out of breaks. The DOG started disappearing again during breaks only in 2003, as that look required it, and that obviously was automated.

In anyway, during these years the graphics were pretty unstable, trying to create a better look for EMEA and non-US. The colourful 1999 look lasted four years though
Disney Channel UK closedown from December 1997.

Rrr

a20e5ba2f063e4b281aeae35537c1d79.jpg

DC Scandinavia had a short promo for Raven’s Home with this “endboard” at the end. One of those “watch X on Disney Channel”.

ChickyBro

taiga is great
"Disney plans to launch Disney+ in Malaysia on June 1 and in Thailand on June 30, executives said on a call with analysts.

Francisque

MAVISE has updated their database, they do it once a year, or sometimes when something major happens.

The ex-Ofcom Disney Channel/Junior/XD feeds now have Spain based CNMC licences. Mavise

The ex-UK licences: TV broadcast licensing monthly updates
Yep it's been mentioned.

Since Spain CNMC puts a limit on how many self-promotions (or promos) can be shown on a channel (3 minutes per hour + 12 mins of adverts), if they want o continue a 30 minutes based schedule, now these channels have to fill their ad breaks with fillers, which is clear by looking at the schedules on the websites of RO, BG, CZ, HU etc

RegularCapital

Staff member
Yep it's been mentioned.

Since Spain CNMC puts a limit on how many self-promotions (or promos) can be shown on a channel (3 minutes per hour + 12 mins of adverts), if they want o continue a 30 minutes based schedule, now these channels have to fill their ad breaks with fillers, which is clear by looking at the schedules on the websites of RO, BG, CZ, HU etc

For some reason I've missed out Moleoman's post. CNMC doesn't really post licencing information on their own site which is a pain, the only proper way you can find out is the MAVISE updates, so I've been waiting for months. If it was Dutch, Czech or Bavarian it would've been posted on their authority's websites.

They would've been better off with a Czech licence. I guess Spain was chosen by Disney because in the AVMSD directive you have to choose a country where editorial decisions are made and a country where a part of your employees are based.

"You can still qualify for AVMSD jurisdiction in an EU Member State even if you keep your head office in the UK. Under AVMSD, if a provider’s editorial decisions are taken in an EU country, the provider will fall under the jurisdiction of that country, if a significant part of its workforce is located there."

Also, the Disney+ VOD licences are listed on MAVISE too, although these are mostly Dutch apart from UK and Ireland.

Last edited:

SpongeBobFan2004

"Disney plans to launch Disney+ in Malaysia on June 1 and in Thailand on June 30, executives said on a call with analysts.
Malaysia/Brunei: will have Disney+ Hotstar (as mentioned)
Thailand: will get Disney+ (with STAR content)

Moleoman

Disney Channel MEA/Turkey/Poland continuity from Sunday, June 21, 2009 in Arabic - around the same time the feed gradually stopped dubbing promos into Arabic, as the undubbed live-action productions started to dominate the channel:
Also, at the end of video they've accidentaly used the "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" (I think that the VA's pronounciation of show's name sounds a bit Indian to me)now bumper instead "The Suite Life on Deck" bumper.

Rrr

Disney Channel MEA/Turkey/Poland continuity from Sunday, June 21, 2009 in Arabic - around the same time the feed gradually stopped dubbing promos into Arabic, as the undubbed live-action productions started to dominate the channel:
Also, at the end of video they've accidentaly used the "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" (I think that the VA's pronounciation of show's name sounds a bit Indian to me)now bumper instead "The Suite Life on Deck" bumper.

Yass
Just saw your comment heh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts