International Disney Networks Thread Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

Starting in October, apparently, because of Disney+, the last standing "Wonderful world of Disney" block (which, I remind you, has been dropped in most of Europe already in 2006/07!) in Latin America, will be dropped, as a strategy for Disney+

I also want to inform that Disney channels in the UK, leading up to the final closedown on Wednesday, are currently running a mixture of Disney+ promos (Disney+ is your new exclusive home of Disney Channel), "Best of Disney Channel", and some generic Disney show promos, with no date or time

ltw9719

Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador
Here's a promo of this year's Chuseok special which runs from Wednesday through Sunday on DC Korea. As expected, it's filed only with movie repeats including Descendants and Zombies series.

JakobTV

Since Disney's UK channels are closing this week, I wonder what's going to happen with Bluey? Is it going to move to another channel or will it be on Disney+?

harry580

That's exactly what they are doing with Disney XD. Except for Marvel's Spider-Man, all of its originals have ended. There is also DuckTales and Big Hero 6, but those also air on Disney Channel and Disney+.
i wish disney xd is more like teennick, be a teen oriental channel while disney channel gets its fame, i mean why call disney xd a boy channel when jetix is where its at,

Last edited:

Moleoman

I'll note that since early September 2020, Disney XD Poland dropped show-specific ""now" bumpers. Instead, a generic Disney XD ident airs in their place.

Francisque

I'll note that since early September 2020, Disney XD Poland dropped show-specific ""now" bumpers. Instead, a generic Disney XD ident airs in their place.
Since the EMEA owned channels do the same, this should be because of a change of tam

Previously, the UK team (based in London) coordinated the CEE/EMEA operations, now probably the EMEA team (still based in London) does it, along with Disney Junior EMEA operations and schedules

Sorry for the double post, but apparently RC won't have a chance to record the Disney channels final closedown

Virgin has oddly enough, replaced the channels with a slide already!

Mod note: Double posts merged. Please use the edit button.

Last edited by a moderator:

RegularCapital

Staff member
Sorry for the double post, but apparently RC won't have a chance to record the Disney channels final closedown

Virgin has oddly enough, replaced the channels with a slide already!

Yep, I can confirm this, they're idiots. I did do a 6am recording this morning as it would be the start of the broadcast day, I'll probably get to see the Virgin closedown on all three channels, I haven't checked yet.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Yep, I can confirm this, they're idiots. I did do a 6am recording this morning as it would be the start of the broadcast day, I'll probably get to see the Virgin closedown on all three channels, I haven't checked yet.
Reminds me of what happened to ESPN America on its last day on air. ZON removed it eighteen hours too early with a slide.

Francisque

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Four breaks @animegamer recorded today, with the three terrestrial channels (Turkey is FTA but exclusive to satellite) and Disney Channel Brazil.

Russia:

Germany:

Spain:

Brazil:

Using it as a barrier between RegularCapital's post above and whatever post will emerge related to the British shutdown.

RegularCapital

Staff member
According to tweets, Disney channels in the UK are all showing a logo of the channels , after regularly closing down

RIP DC UK - 1995-2020

The end of Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior in the UK and Ireland. Some edits we're made for Disney Channel due to copyright reasons, it says this in the description, but it doesn't affect the eventual end. They're camrips, but I expect there to be higher quality ones to be uploaded later.

ltw9719

Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador
DISNEY CHANNEL KOREA SCHEDULE FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2020 - TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2020
00:00 Star Wars: The Clone Wars
04:20 Bizaardvark (Mon)
04:40 Bizaardvark (Tue)
06:00 Super Wings
06:30 Vampirina
06:50 Rainbow Ruby (Mon) / Doc McStuffins (Tue)
07:20 Play-Doh on Disney Junior
07:30 Catch! Teenieping
08:00 Sofia the First
08:30 The Octonauts
09:00 Catch! Teenieping
09:30 The 7D
10:30 Hello Jadoo
12:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
14:00 Hanging On!
15:00 Hello Jadoo
16:00 Monsters, Inc. (Dub) (Mon) / Finding Nemo (Tue)
18:00 The Owl House (* on Mon)
19:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
21:00 The Owl House
22:00 Hanging On!

DISNEY CHANNEL KOREA SCHEDULE FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2020 - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2020
00:00 Wizards of Waverly Place (Wed) / Muffy and Jemjem (Thu-Fri)
06:30 Puppy Dog Pals
06:50 Doc McStuffins
07:30 Catch! Teenieping (Wed-Thu; * on Thu) / Super Wings* (Fri)
08:00 Moana (Wed) / Descendants (Thu) / Zootopia (Fri)
10:00 Aladdin (Wed) / Descendants 2 (Thu) / Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Fri)
11:30 The 7D (Wed)
12:00 Descendants 3 (Thu) / The Owl House (Fri)
13:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Wed)
14:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Thu) / Journey of Long* (Fri)
14:30 Hello Jadoo (Wed)
16:00 Finding Dory (Wed) / Inside Out (Thu) / The Little Mermaid (Fri)
17:30 Frozen (Dub) (Fri)
18:00 Zootopia (Wed) / Wreck-It-Ralph (Dub) (Thu)
19:30 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Fri)
20:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Wed-Thu) / Moana (Fri)
21:00 Zombies (Wed) / Zombies 2 (Thu)
22:00 Hanging On! (Fri)
23:00 The Owl House

DISNEY CHANNEL KOREA SCHEDULE FOR SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2020 - SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2020
00:00 Muffy and Jemjem (Sat) / Super Hams Band (Sun)
06:00 Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures*
06:30 Sofia the First
07:00 T.O.T.S.
07:30 Journey of Long
08:00 Tangled (Sat) / Frozen (Dub) (Sun)
10:00 Beauty and the Beast (Sat) / Moana (Sun)
11:30 DuckTales (Sat)
12:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Sun)
13:30 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Sat) / Hello Jadoo (Sun)
14:30 Hanging On!* (Sat)
15:00 Hanging On! (Sun)
15:30 Journey of Long (Sat)
16:00 Aladdin (Sat) / Up (Sun)
17:30 The Incredibles (Sat)
17:55 Mickey Mouse (Sun)
18:00 Zootopia (Sun)
19:30 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Sat)
19:55 Mickey Mouse (Sun)
20:00 Wreck-It-Ralph (Dub) / Inside Out (Sun)
21:55 Mickey Mouse (Sun)
22:00 Journey of Long
22:30 Hanging On!

All times KST (UTC+9). Start time subject to change. * denotes new episode(s).

Here's the actual schedule of DC Korea for this week.

DISNEY CHANNEL KOREA SCHEDULE FOR MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2020 - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2020
00:00 Pretty Rhythm: Dear My Future (Mon-Wed) / Kids CSI (Thu-Fri)
06:30 Doc McStuffins (Mon-Wed) / The Rocketeer* (Thu-Fri)
06:50 Rainbow Ruby (Mon) / Vampirina (Tue-Fri)
07:30 Catch! Teenieping (Mon-Thu; * on Thu) / Super Wings* (Fri)
08:00 Sofia the First
08:30 The Octonauts
09:00 Catch! Teenieping
09:30 The 7D
10:30 Hello Jadoo
12:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
14:00 Hanging On!
15:00 Hello Jadoo (Mon-Wed) / Time Traveler Luke* (Thu) / Journey of Long* (Fri)
15:30 Journey of Long (Thu)
16:00 The Lion King (Mon) / Finding Dory (Tue) / Up (Wed) / Toy Story (Dub) (Thu) / Toy Story 2 (Dub) (Fri)
18:00 The Owl House (Mon-Tue; * on Mon) / DuckTales (Wed) / Catch! Teenieping (Thu) / Elena of Avalor* (Fri)
18:30 Moana (Thu)
19:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Mon-Wed) / Tangled (Fri)
20:30 Wadda tv* (Thu)
21:00 Hello Jadoo (Mon-Tue) / The Owl House (Wed) / Wadda tv (Fri)
21:30 Wadda tv (Thu)
22:00 Hanging On! (Mon-Tue,Fri)
22:30 Hanging On! (Thu)

DISNEY CHANNEL KOREA SCHEDULE FOR SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2020 - SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2020
00:00 Pandarang (Sat) / Rolling Stars (Sun)
06:00 Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures*
06:30 The Rocketeer*
07:00 T.O.T.S.
07:30 Journey of Long
08:00 Wreck-It-Ralph (Dub) (Sat) / Brave (Dub) (Sun)
10:00 DuckTales* (Sat) / Big City Greens* (Sun)
11:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
12:30 Hello Jadoo (Sun)
13:00 Hello Jadoo (Sat)
14:00 Hanging On! (Sun)
14:30 Hanging On!* (Sat)
15:00 DuckTales (Sun)
15:30 Journey of Long (Sat)
16:00 Toy Story 3 (Dub) (Sat) / Big Hero 6 (Dub) (Sun)
18:00 The Owl House (Sat) / Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars* (Sun)
19:00 WALL-E (Sat)
20:00 Wadda tv (Sat) / The Incredibles (Sun)
22:00 Hanging On! (Sat) / Time Traveler Luke (Sun)
23:00 Hanging On! (Sun)

All times KST (UTC+9). Subject to change. * denotes new episode(s).

And here's DC Korea's schedule for next week. Thanks to the Chuseok holiday that began today, this week's actual schedule and next week's schedule came out early. There are three premieres next Thursday ― The Rocketeer (network premiere), Time Traveler Luke (network premiere of a KBS1 animated series) and the fifth season of Wadda tv which previously scheduled to premiere last Thursday but delayed. There are also new episodes of The Owl House, Super Wings, Journey of Long, Elena of Avalor, Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures, DuckTales, Hanging On!, Big City Greens and Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars.

Last edited:

dalekusa

Since Disney's UK channels are closing this week, I wonder what's going to happen with Bluey? Is it going to move to another channel or will it be on Disney+?
Isn't Bluey co-produced by the BBC? This could increase the chances of it finally coming to CBeebies.

Francisque

Disney channels in the UK have now been removed from the EPG

BTW Disney+ UK has now added a lot of ex-DC/DXD/DJ stuff, while DC Italy, with the channels abruptly closed down months ago, still has to get things like The Owl House..

guimax

Disney: filmes deixam canais de TV e serviços de streaming

As of today, Disney channels in Brazil will not show films from the studio, which will be restricted to Disney + and TV Globo as they have a contract in force until 2021. I believe that they will soon close the channels soon.

They also recently made the decision to end distribution of DVD and Blu-ray media in Latin America, literally wanting to force people to subscribe to streaming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts