International Disney Networks Thread Part 7

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Small curiosity: are you subscribing/have you subscribed @RandomMe @Red Arrow in particular?
Nope. I won't take any streaming service as long as I'm a student. In 2022, I will take Netflix and finally try The Hollow, She-Ra, Hilda, Carmen Sandiego, Tuca and Bertie, Twelve Forever, Kipo and the Age of the Wonderbeasts and Glitch Techs. Netflix has really been getting interesting since 2018 IMO. Disney+ not so much...

RegularCapital

Brierley Hill, UK (Location of Elmore Mall)
Tomorrow, 15 September, is the big launch of Disney+ in the following territories: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Belgium, Portugal, Luxembourg

Many of the local languages have already been available there for a long time, so it was all due

So far, no further closure of Disney channels is expected

Small curiosity: are you subscribing/have you subscribed @RandomMe @Red Arrow in particular?

Next is parts of Eastern Europe, I feel it's gonna take more time there, probably next year

Its etymology is Germanic, but things like "landa" exist also in Italian
But I feel they should've kept Anfibia in PT

Although, the question isn't directed to me, I won't be subscribing even if Disney Channel is closing at the end of the month, Cable TV, Netflix (on and off) and Crunchyroll is enough for me. I might give a subscription to my mom or someone for a Christmas present, don't know yet.

As for Eastern Europe, the available languages will probably match what languages Disney Channel already broadcasts in, but with it being a streaming service, it should be easy to further localise the service.

Land is a Germanic word, but I have seen its usage as "-landia" in Spanish before, Disneyland is known the same in all languages, so the use of "land" in anything else that's Disney shouldn't be an issue.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I hope you are not going to stay nostalgic about just the first 10 - 15 years of your life for the rest of your life ;) What if you become 120 years old o_O
By that I mean I still watch linear television (but timeshifted) and SpongeBob has sadly become the only cartoon I watch on a regular basis.

What happened to all my favorites? Where did the blend of old and new go?

I witnessed every move made by Disney in the past few years. Every move ruined DC Portugal and was like one step closer to Disney's desired goal of cutting their TV operations in favor of Disney+. I'm starting to think that they thought Portugal was an example for them to do that.

Francisque

As for me , since my youth was in the middle of the best Disney Channel era, late 90s, early 2000s, Disney+ was the OTT to have

I'm sorta nostalgic about the era, but you can also get more than that , esp. A large movie experience

We're thinking about leaving Sky, it just isn't worth anymore
Netflix + Disney+ Amazon is a good combo

RegularCapital

As for me , since my youth was in the middle of the best Disney Channel era, late 90s, early 2000s, Disney+ was the OTT to have

I'm sorta nostalgic about the era, but you can also get more than that , esp. A large movie experience

NOW TV (+ DTT) is looking more competitive in terms of kids channels now compared to Sky (which is supposed to be vastly superior), with Disney soon to disappear. It has the best parts of Sky anyway.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner

Honestly if I wasn't broke for streaming and wasn't stuck in the past, Disney+ would be a win-win for me. I'm tired of Disney Channel Portugal being stuck in its compression.

This Tuesday I might make a history of DC Portugal starting in 2011 or so, since I believe Portugal was the market that inspired Bob Iger to shut down the channels and put them in the wheel of epheons.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel

Francisque

DC UK continuity
Here you can find the Best of DC promo, for some reasons interrupted (because of strange editing by the user) by a promo in the middle

Also they have introduced more idents in the "new" look, probably intended for EMEA usage, just some time before closing down..

RegularCapital

@Francisque Here's the final day schedules (30th September) for Disney XD UK and Disney Junior UK, the final day schedule for Disney Channel UK is yet to be published, but the first hour is already on Virgin's EPG.

Disney XD UK:

Disney Junior:

By the looks of things, the channels may cease broadcasting immediately before midnight 1st October, as Mickey Mouse is airing on XD as a filler (which in itself is unusual for XD), where it should really be Furiki Wheels.

RegularCapital

After checking Virgin's EPG again (last time was early this morning) here's Disney Channel UK's final day schedule (30th September) according to Virgin's 14-Day EPG as DigiGuide is yet to publish it, it does look like the channels will cease broadcasting just before midnight 1st October. Disney Channel UK will end with a showing of Descendants 3.

Screenshot_20200917-152041.png
Screenshot_20200917-152049.png
Screenshot_20200917-152056.png

Perla Magica

Digital Love
@Francisque Here's the final day schedules (30th September) for Disney XD UK and Disney Junior UK, the final day schedule for Disney Channel UK is yet to be published, but the first hour is already on Virgin's EPG.

Disney XD UK:

Disney Junior:

By the looks of things, the channels may cease broadcasting immediately before midnight 1st October, as Mickey Mouse is airing on XD as a filler (which in itself is unusual for XD), where it should really be Furiki Wheels.
The mentioned Mickey Mouse short "Wonders of the Deep" is 7 minute long so it fits in the last 10 minutes.

As for Disney Junior, "Gigantosaurus" is an odd choise for a final show.

Francisque

Thanks a lot @RegularCapital!

DC UK is ceasing with a movie marathon, apparently

The mentioned Mickey Mouse short "Wonders of the Deep" is 7 minute long so it fits in the last 10 minutes.

As for Disney Junior, "Gigantosaurus" is an odd choise for a final show.
But who would watch something at 11:30pm? Preschoolers definitely wouldn't

It's just their normal show which they have weekdays at 11:30pm BTW

RegularCapital

Thanks a lot @RegularCapital!

DC UK is ceasing with a movie marathon, apparently

But who would watch something at 11:30pm? Preschoolers definitely wouldn't

It's just their normal show which they have weekdays at 11:30pm BTW

Yeah, it's a good schedule for the main channel, but not so much for Disney XD, which is a shame, the channel is almost as old as Disney Channel itself if it didn't have to go through two renames. Fox Kids and Jetix have no relevance today, but it also marks the end of the road of the entire history of the channel. Sometimes I don't get why pre-school channels are 24/7 except the fact you could record a show on series link if it's not on-demand and watch it in the daytime after a quick build-up of episodes.

I don't go on TVForum anymore, I was only on the site for a brief period, didn't like the attitude of some of the members, especially the sarcastic remarks and it can be very nit-picky. But you're welcome to post any news from me on there.

CNCN2014

It feels weird to see the Disney XD brand just die out internationally. Disney+ doesn't have a Disney XD section on it's site as it's only considered Disney Channel shows. I suppose once Disney XD is closed in the Netherlands, Veronica can go 24/7 but it's a shame to see a brand, tied with so much history, just evaporate.

Granted, I'm guessing Disney XD went downhill in it's schedule around 2016-2018 since it heavily relied on P&F, Gravity Falls and whatever new Disney cartoon was on at the time instead of spreading out it's schedule like in it's early days (A mixture of old Marvel programming, previously Jetix shows and Disney Channel/XD Originals) and I didn't watch it as often as I did with CN (surprising, I know) but to see the big 3 get reduced to the big 2 in the UK, it seems like POP, CITV and CBBC are left to pick up the slacks while CN and Nick still retain their strong spots on Sky and Virgin.

AdrenalineRush1996

I believe Portugal was the market that inspired Bob Iger to shut down the channels and put them in the wheel of epheons.
What makes you think of that? I feel like studios such as Disney ignore those who have no intention to subscribe their streaming services.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apple produced a kid's show with this kind of CGI?
The winner of this matchup is "Frozen Out", which got 2 votes. "Snow Place Like Home" got 1 vote. The last matchup of round 1 is Making Sure Santa Comes . It's between the Chowder episode "Hey Hey It's Knishmas" and the Vampirina episode "The Fright Before Christmas".

Kids' Net Coming With a Big Catch DiC almost had their own digital kids network
PF9
I know it's late, but the Loud family's Thanksgiving dinner must have been a huge burden on the family toilet
I just noticed something. It looks like Starz Kids and Family and Starz Encore Family is no longer airing shows from the WildBrain library. I'm guessing the rights to those shows must have been expired. They been airing on those channels for almost 5 years.