International Disney Networks Thread Part 6

Latest News & Videos

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
From DigitalSpy
Disney have appointed a new controller to oversee original content on Disney+ and their European channels, so it seems that the channels will continue in Europe (unlike in some places including Australia).
Former BBC daytime chief Liam Keelan has joined Disney to lead on content in Europe and Africa, Broadcast can reveal.

Keelan will start next month in the newly-created post of vice-president of original productions, television, in the region.

He will be responsible for cross-genre commissioning on Disney’s European channels along with new streamer Disney+, which launches in the UK on 24 March.
Disney hires Europe and Africa content chief

So, for the time being, the majority of Disney Channels in Europe should be safe

Moleoman

Jan 22, 2011
Poland
No, it's a German thing, due to German TV fashion
Yes, it is (and from what I see it is also Dutch TV trend as well). Disney XD Germany also used to cut credits before the great EMEA schedule unification in May 2018 at the earliest:

And years ago, both Disney XD Germany and Disney Channel Germany (when it was still a pay-TV channel) used to have a Nick US-style credits pushback:

disneyperson

DC - PH & US feed
From DigitalSpy
Disney have appointed a new controller to oversee original content on Disney+ and their European channels, so it seems that the channels will continue in Europe (unlike in some places including Australia).

Disney hires Europe and Africa content chief

So, for the time being, the majority of Disney Channels in Europe should be safe
Good, I thought Disney+ will end all Disney channels in the world.

Sent from my SM-A505GN using Tapatalk

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Disney Channel Belgium will premiere Big City Greens S2 on March 2nd at 18:05.

Here is the schedule starting March 2nd:

Red = Miraculous
Yellow = Disney Junior cartoons
Blue = live-action
Green = my favorite cartoons

ChickyBro

taiga is great
Aug 13, 2019
Bangkok, Thailand
According to Astro schedule, The Owl House will premeire in Southeast Asia on March 20th at 1pm (JKT/THAI) 2pm (MAL/PHIL).

DOUBLE EPISODES! 2pm-3pm (MAL/PHIL)
Reruns 9:50pm-10:50pm (MAL/PHIL)

Nice treatment.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Reactions: jasonnguyen2606
Jun 30, 2012
According to Astro schedule, The Owl House will premeire in Southeast Asia on March 20th at 1pm (JKT/THAI) 2pm (MAL/PHIL).

DOUBLE EPISODES! 2pm-3pm (MAL/PHIL)
Reruns 9:50pm-10:50pm (MAL/PHIL)

Nice treatment.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
Oh. So they did this because of All-new Fridays block will end soon right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChickyBro

taiga is great
Aug 13, 2019
Bangkok, Thailand
As we know, All-New Fridays block on Disney Channel Asia runs from tomorrow to March 27th.

- One episode premiere of The Owl House on March 27th. 2:30pm (MAL/PHIL) timeslot will be replaced by Big Hero 6 The Series, but it's a rerun.
- There'll be no The Strange Chores on that day, replaced by a rerun of Miraculous.

The block runs too short and why do they place new series with other shows reruns?

Thanks to @jasonnguyen2606 for the information.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Jun 30, 2012
As we know, All-New Fridays block on Disney Channel Asia runs from tomorrow to March 27th.

- One episode premiere of The Owl House on March 27th. 2:30pm (MAL/PHIL) timeslot will be replaced by Big Hero 6 The Series, but it's a rerun.
- There'll be no The Strange Chores on that day, replaced by a rerun of Miraculous.

The block runs too short and why do they place new series with other shows reruns?

You’re welcome. Maybe it has to do with the marketing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JedSwag

Jun 28, 2019
Kiko Camarin, Caloocan City, Philippines

Can you give more info for March 2020 line-up on this channel pls.

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014

The "welcome" videos of Disney+ in UK, France, Spain, Germany, Italy

Notice how the "donut O" is missing on the UK version, indicating the UK might not have The Simpsons at launch

Reactions: Checkerboard