International Disney Networks Thread Part 4

Latest News & Videos

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
DC FL will premiere DuckTales S2 on June 9th with new episodes every Sunday at 14:20 and 21:05. They will air 8 episodes in total. (until July 28th) DC NL aired those in April.

So many new episodes in June here: DuckTales (4x22'), We Bare Bears (16x11', on CN), Best Bugs Forever (13x22'), Mickey Mouse (5) etc. They should have spread it out more, like in the Netherlands!

Last edited:
Reactions: Francisque

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
Again: the graphics on the US feed are now worse than the European one (which aren't that bad to start with, if more money were spent on them)

But the "grass is greener on the other side of the fence" I guess

Tommy

Apr 30, 2018
Again: the graphics on the US feed are now worse than the European one (which aren't that bad to start with, if more money were spent on them)

But the "grass is greener on the other side of the fence" I guess
Ok but also EMEA bumpers are boring ......they have passed 3 years and it would be now a new rebrand also in Europe

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014

You can see them here

Ffrom being inventive bumpers (in spite of being too flashy for my tastes), they have gone all flat "put your characters on a background" kind of thing, with the latest refresh (but still, boring colour palettes)
At least, the EMEA ones are more colourful and customised, according to the show

But again, they could be vastly improved; for instance, I don't understand why the current UK bumpers are not more and are not rolled (at least) out to other EMEA operations

Ok but also EMEA bumpers are boring ......they have passed 3 years and it would be now a new rebrand also in Europe
Maybe, but in comparison to what?

You must have rose-tinted glass to think the current US graphics are much better

Last edited:

Tommy

Apr 30, 2018

You can see them here

Ffrom being inventive bumpers (in spite of being too flashy for my tastes), they have gone all flat "put your characters on a background" kind of thing, with the latest refresh (but still, boring colour palettes)
At least, the EMEA ones are more colourful and customised, according to the show

But again, they could be vastly improved; for instance, I don't understand why the current UK bumpers are not more and are not rolled (at least) out to other EMEA operations

You must have rose-tinted glass to think the current US graphics are much better
I didn’t say that Europe’s bumpers are bad but it would be now that they rebranded them

OF992

Disney XD hater
Mar 8, 2017
Ireland

You can see them here

Sweetie, these have a MUCH higher SFX budget than the EMEA ones.

Reactions: Francisque

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
Maybe, but the result isn't that better

They look generic, and I don't like the colour palette they use that much.

But I'm the first person to say that the EMEA ones aren't that great either, in the current form

Tommy

Apr 30, 2018
Maybe, but the result isn't that better

They look generic, and I don't like the colour palette they use that much.

But I'm the first person to say that the EMEA ones aren't that great either, in the current form
I want to remind you that many years ago both in the USA and Europe included italy they changed their bumpers every one year.....and with bumpers most beautiful

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
May 25, 2010
Cartoon Headquarters
Personally I prefer the US look - both the current and previous one which was very vibrant. The EMEA look is basically just cutouts with colorful backgrounds and is quite boring at this point after 3 years. It's slowly time for something new even though I don't think we'll get a rebrand anytime soon judging by the fact CEE updated its epg banner recently. Imo for the next 12 months CEE focus will be on mobile app and HD where they are lacking and it makes more sense than to change an established visual. Still, the US look really grew on me and I don't find it generic at all, maybe simple and clean, even though I can see why someone would call it that. The elements work together nicely.

Anyhow, here's another programme sponsor on CZHU. This time with wrong CZ spelling, tiny logo and HU audio: