International Disney Networks Thread Part 2

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

animegamer

Jul 22, 2017
Ratings
1,911 25
www.youtube.com
Welcome to the second instalment of the international Disney Networks thread where we talk about Disney's kids channels outside of the US (including Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior, Disney Cinemagic and Hungama) as well as Disney programming blocks seen on local television channels.

Previous thread can be found at https://toonzone.net/forums/threads/international-disney-networks-thread.5004631/

Last edited:

Vaughn Max

Sep 10, 2017
Ratings
398 39
@animegamer I just looked at the Disney Channel India programs they made and some of it is confusing. How did HiT Entertainment make the Indian version of Art Attack? It's a UK company unless they made their own Indian branch. Also, how were the local sitcoms made by third party studios instead of Disney India?

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

The European adaptations were made by UNM (if I'm not mistaken) and recorded at former TVS studios in Maidstone. The British Art Attack used to be made by TVS but when it was replaced by Meridian, Scottish decided to capitalize on TVS's kids shows.

United Productions was a part of UNM, who owned Meridian, yet, IIRC, it did not produce the British series.

OF992

Wishing for a pug cartoon
Mar 8, 2017
Ratings
48 1
Ireland
Disney Junior Latin America seems to have rebranded. I love it, and I hope it rolls out internationally soon.

Off-topic: Like my new avatar?

OF992

Wishing for a pug cartoon
Mar 8, 2017
Ratings
48 1
Ireland
The new look creates some coherence with Disney Channel.
I agree. They took the US/Canada/LA/Asia rebrand, replaced the Disney Channel logo with the Disney Junior logo, changed the font and changed the elements. It would also work well with the international look. I actually commented on DisneyJuniorUK's most recent video asking if and when it would roll out here.

SpottyBlue

Sep 13, 2016
Ratings
204 2
I agree. They took the US/Canada/LA/Asia rebrand, replaced the Disney Channel logo with the Disney Junior logo, changed the font and changed the elements. It would also work well with the international look. I actually commented on DisneyJuniorUK's most recent video asking if and when it would roll out here.
The font is still remain the same.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Something that has never happened in the history of Disney channels, both DC Asia and Hungama playing Boboiboy at the same timing, and the exact same episode! It will be like this for the entirety of this week!
I have never seen this coincidence in Portugal, though I remember seeing three channels airing LazyTown in different languages at the same time for ten minutes one morning in October 2013 when I was sick.

Vaughn Max

Sep 10, 2017
Ratings
398 39
Something that has never happened in the history of Disney channels, both DC Asia and Hungama playing Boboiboy at the same timing, and the exact same episode! It will be like this for the entirety of this week!
Now you can alternate between watching it in SD and Hindi or HD and English. That's cool
Oh GREAT. Of course we have to do that "separate threads" crap for Disney now. I mean it was only a matter of time.
The old thread should have gotten over a million posts

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.
When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...
I just had a bizzaro dream that Frank Welker was in my computer lab on campus! o_0