Inter-company crossovers with repercussions on stories.

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Sep 13, 2002
Ratings
Washington
www.tv.com
Generally it seems to be more of an unspoken decision to keep these things contained as there's not as much guarantee of reprints later due to multiple parties owning the story.

But there are still occasions where crossovers done by different companies will carry over following the events:

1. Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man had a lasting effect on the former, due to many elements being off limits for future stories and probably is the one that's most felt. Though Worlds Unite was part of comic exclusive Xander Payne's story explaining how he became Mr. X (who in the actual Mega Man games was
merely a disguised Dr. Wily
), but I suppose it's iffy as that comic was "hiatused". Even then, the continuity of the book remained intact.

2. Avengers/JLA not so much, but during the story, DC villain Krona was turned into a cosmic egg, which carried over to the JLA storyline Syndicate ruled with vague references to the JL having som help. Also the Crime Syndicate scene from the crossover was shown in the arc. It's even speculated that the Scarlet Witch's power increased which lead to Avengers Disassembled was due to DC's earth making her stronger.

3. This one I don't know of personally, but there was a crossover with Batman and Spawn, the latter being scarred during the crossover with it kind of remaining it the character's continuity. Though when I first made this thread elsewhere they mentioned that Spawn received a similar injury to an enemy called Harry Houdini.

4. When I posted this before, I'm embarrassed to say that I forgot Marvel VS DC/DC VS Marvel which also was treated as canon, at least by again DC. Specifically #87 of the 1990s Green Lantern series saw the co-owed character Axel Asher/Access briefly appearing in #87 to seek out Green Lanter/Kyle Rayner due to events in the final 90s crossover Unlimited Access. But since he couldn't find him, Access decided to look for the Silver Surfer (or to keep it lawyer friendly, "That guy on the surfboard".).

Any other occasions besides these?

JoeMabbon

Autobot Leader
Aug 8, 2014
Ratings
3,428 3
Ark-7
New Avengers/Transformers has a very mild case. The IDW version of Ramjet first appeared there and this mini-series established his characterization as an ambitious usurper and schemer in contrast to the dumb, thug he usually is. Other than that, nothing there impacted the wider Transformers line. I don't think anything there carried over to the Marvel side.

K7P5V

Aug 6, 2017
Ratings
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Heatwave from CyberForce greatly effected by the Marvel/Top Cow crossover?

Last edited: