Instead of a Disney sale, Fox Kids and Saban split into two companies?

TheMisterManGuy

In 1996, Fox's Children's Network division, and Power Rangers producer Saban Entertainment merged to form Fox Kids Worldwide, Inc. The deal Fox and Saban co-founder, Hiam Saban reached with the merger was that each would own half of the new entity, which would serve as the parent company of Fox Kids Network, and Saban Entertainment. However, conflicts between the two parties, and the failures of the Fox Family Channel, along with Fox Kids waning ratings led to the whole division being sold off to The Walt Disney Company in 2001, ending Fox's history with children's programing along with it.

But if we were to rewrite history, what if instead of being acquired by Disney, another option was introduced around that time. Split the company, back in two, pretty much restoring things to the way they were before, and forget the merger ever happened. Not unlike the CBS-Viacom split of 2006. In retrospect, merging the two companies led to nothing but conflict rather than growth. Of course some legal troubles would need to be ironed out. Saban's production studio would basically have to stay with Fox as it became fully integrated into FFW, which means that Power Rangers and all of Saban's previous productions would now become Fox properties. But Saban Capital Group, the company that would still be born out of the split, would also buy back Fox Family Worldwide's Digimon license and rights to other anime properties, as Saban shifts his focus more towards licensing content rather than producing it.

So in this scenario, the compnay that was Saban Entertainment, would be restructured into a Family-oriented production studio barring the Fox name. FFW would also adopt the TCF search lights in its branding to bring it closer to the 20th Century Fox brand. Power Rangers would also become a Fox Family production now, and Fox Kids and Fox Family last longer lives in this timeline. I always said that Fox needed an animation studio for Fox Kids, but then I realized they already had one with Saban, and with the split, they would have a built in programing library from both pre and post split.

AdrenalineRush1996

I always said that Fox needed an animation studio for Fox Kids, but then I realized they already had one with Saban, and with the split, they would have a built in programing library from both pre and post split.
Well, Fox Animation Studios could've lasted longer and could've provided original shows under Fox Kids had this happened.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Well, Fox Animation Studios could've lasted longer and could've provided original shows under Fox Kids had this happened.
I think it's more realistic to assume that Fox gave up on children animation in the late 1990s. Disney would end up buying Fox Kids without Saban.

TheMisterManGuy

I think it's more realistic to assume that Fox gave up on children animation in the late 1990s. Disney would end up buying Fox Kids without Saban.

I wouldn't say that necessarily. Fox kids had it's own production arm in the 90s, which was folded into Saban Entertainment when the two companies merged in 96'. So had Hiam Saban sold back his stake in FFW, then Saban Entertainment would likely stay with Fox and be rebranded to take on the Fox name.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Ready for SBLV and February Fools
The end of an error.
PF9
As I approach the first anniversary of losing my father, I consider myself very brave for continuing to watch medical dramas, considering how often over my dad's last few years of life he had to go to the hospital.

Don't know where to post, youtube Nickelodeon now uploaded Side Hustle - Friendiversary full ep
kanc wrote on DonkeyKongSong's profile.
Hi

Featured Posts