"Injustice" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
BluRay.com only lists the physical release, so let's take October 19th as the date the 4K/Blu-ray drops. Having a quick look at trailer reveals for the last few releases:

Superman: Man of Tomorrow:
Trailer - 23rd June Blu-Ray - 8th September (2.5 months)
Batman: Soul of the Dragon:
Trailer - 17th November Blu-Ray - 26th January (Just over 2 months)
Justice Society: World War II:
Trailer - 2nd February Blu-Ray - 11th May (Just over 3 months)
Batman: The Long Halloween - Part One:
Trailer - 6th April Blu-Ray - 22nd June (2.5 months)
Batman: The Long Halloween - Part Two:
Trailer - 18th May Blu-Ray - 10th August (Just over 2.5 months)

So the average is about 2 and a half months for the trailer before the physical media drops, if not more. This suggests that if the above date is accurate for Injustice, we should have gotten a trailer around mid- August or so.

The only thing I can think of is that WB does not want to draw attention away from Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms as the concept and audiences would be rather similar. Hopefully we hear some news next week.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
BluRay.com only lists the physical release, so let's take October 19th as the date the 4K/Blu-ray drops. Having a quick look at trailer reveals for the last few releases:

Superman: Man of Tomorrow:
Trailer - 23rd June Blu-Ray - 8th September (2.5 months)
Batman: Soul of the Dragon:
Trailer - 17th November Blu-Ray - 26th January (Just over 2 months)
Justice Society: World War II:
Trailer - 2nd February Blu-Ray - 11th May (Just over 3 months)
Batman: The Long Halloween - Part One:
Trailer - 6th April Blu-Ray - 22nd June (2.5 months)
Batman: The Long Halloween - Part Two:
Trailer - 18th May Blu-Ray - 10th August (Just over 2.5 months)

So the average is about 2 and a half months for the trailer before the physical media drops, if not more. This suggests that if the above date is accurate for Injustice, we should have gotten a trailer around mid- August or so.

The only thing I can think of is that WB does not want to draw attention away from Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms as the concept and audiences would be rather similar. Hopefully we hear some news next week.
So September 1st? :p

RoyalRubble

Staff member
The new Mortal Kombat animated movie delaying this movie's trailer is a good guess. I was going to say this being part of a separate line of DC movies there might be different "rules", but even for the recent Deathstroke: Knight & Dragons and Batman Vs. TMNT, the trailers were posted around 2 months before the features were released.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Or at least only the next title after Catwoman: Hunted to keep everyone in suspense for a while longer.

As for Injustice, I presume this DC FanDome sneak peek will be posted before the movie comes out, so that October 19 date seems likely again.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has officially announced the physical and digital release of Injustice, the upcoming animated feature based on the popular DC Comics video game franchise. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC, the DC Animated Movie title will be available October 19, 2021 on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray and Digital. Click here for press details and package artwork.

Who had Sept. 1, 2021 in the release date pool? :)

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I hate to complain, but I really hope that new featurette is substantial, otherwise the special features are quite disappointing.

The 'Mortal Kombat' films got multiple featurettes, gag reels and audio commentaries. I mean...?

Last edited:

DCAMUFAN

Excited about Injustice coming out October 19. But in the special features I noticed there's no sneak peak for the next movie? What's up with that?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Excited about Injustice coming out October 19. But in the special features I noticed there's no sneak peak for the next movie? What's up with that?
So far it seems only the DC Universe movie line does sneak peaks whereas the DC Animated movie line that Injustice is part of does not. The existence of two DTV lines was discussed here. If any more info on the two lines or why no sneak peek in Injustice's set is revealed, it will be posted in the DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 11 (Spoilers) thread.

-batmat-

So far it seems only the DC Universe movie line does sneak peaks whereas the DC Animated movie line that Injustice is part of does not.
It's very odd that The Long Halloween part 2 had the sneek peak for Injustice then. Confusing!

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
It's very odd that The Long Halloween part 2 had the sneek peak for Injustice then. Confusing!

It seems like this was intended to be an 'elseworlds' entry for the DC UNIVERSE line, but was changed to the generic 'animated' DTVs for whatever corporate reason.

It would explain why this got a sneak peek but the upcoming 'Catwoman: Hunted' seemingly won't.

Otaku-sempai

It seems like this was intended to be an 'elseworlds' entry for the DC UNIVERSE line, but was changed to the generic 'animated' DTVs for whatever corporate reason.

It would explain why this got a sneak peek but the upcoming 'Catwoman: Hunted' seemingly won't.
Which will be released first, Catwoman: Hunted or Batman: The Long Halloween Deluxe Collector's Edition? If the latter then I'm guessing that "A Sneak Peek at Catwoman: Hunted" will appear on that.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Powerpuff Girls 2016 stands out from the other shows Bob Boyle created/co-created since it's the only one to star human characters, albeit super-powered ones. The other shows he created/co-created (Yin Yang Yo, Wow Wow Wubbzy, and Chico Bon Bon Monkey With A Tool Belt) star animal characters.
Im worried for other Nick shows due to newer Nicktoons shows like Smurfs, Kamp Koral get more attention which some other cartoons seems to not notice and forgot about it or new episodes airing in other countries.. thats my concern about treatment
That Girl Lay Lay on NickPluto for what I noticed in random times.. just I checked today.
This is why i changed my pfp for 1 day

My kizunatchi pfp will return after 1 day
Earlier this year was the 20th anniversary of macOS (then known as Mac OS X): 10.0 "Cheetah". Today, it's the 20th anniversary of the next release: 10.1 "Puma".

Featured Posts