"Injustice" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Definitely don't remember Mr. Terrific being in this. Neat inclusion and that cast is rather stacked.
Hartley can now say he's been 3 DC superheroes.
Mount as Batman has to have been a long time coming.
And they really went from Wonder Woman looking/acting like Korra in the last universe to just straight up getting that actress to finally portray her.

Also, hold up...is this the first time a comedian is playing Joker?

Frontier

Staff member
The Hollywood Reporter has a first look at the movie plus cast & crew info.

They also mention it's apparently expected to debut on home entertainment this fall.
The cast looks pretty interesting, but I feel like all this stunt casting is missing the point compared to the games' all-star reprisal cast :confused:.

I mean, Hartley and Anson Mount playing Superman and Batman is cool (and Hartley playing Supes is funny from a meta perspective since he was in a Superman show once and Injustice Supes is so far from his typecast), but who wouldn't want Kevin Conroy and George Newbern back :confused:?

Also, Janet Varney going from playing Korra to Injustice Wonder Woman is...something. But still, Susan Eisenberg :eek:.

Poor Laura Bailey would probably be a good Lois Lane, her Mary Jane in the Spider-Man PS4 games was basically Lois Lane, but she will likely not get much to do :sweat:.

I know Gilian Jacobs as Atom Eve in Invincible and I know she has comedy experience, but I wonder what her Harley voice will sound like :confused:.

Sounds like they are taking stuff from the prequel comics, like Mirror Master (possibly kidnapping the Kents once Superman goes off the rails) as well as Nightwing being in it (probably to die) :oops:.

Zach Callison voicing Damian and Jimmy is such a dramatic contrast but I think he'll do great :).

The art style actually reminds me a lot of Scorpion's Revenge...

Anika Noni Rose with her second DC role. Does this mean they're going to make Catwoman black instead of white like she is in the game? Not that she has to play to her race, but they've been adapting Catwoman as black so often recently that I can't really rule it out o_O.

Rama Kushna? Is Deadman going to show up :)?

I wonder what Plastic Man's role will be given his role in the comics of saving his son. Mr. Terrific also never appeared, so I wonder if he'll be with the Regime or the resistance :evil:?

SweetShop209

Gillian Jacobs was Roxy Rocket in Justice League Action, so she at least has DC experience. I'm not familiar with Injustice, though what if she channeled that energy here?

Frontier

Staff member
I do find it kind of funny that Yuri Lowenthal is playing The Flash when his Spider-Man in the PS4 games reminded me a lot of Barry Allen :p.

I wonder how his Shazam will sound...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The biggest surprise for me was the fall estimate. 5 movies in one year? Huhn.

Ernie Altbacker being the screenwriter got my attention, too.

As some of us guessed, with Bruce Timm attached to Caped Crusader, Rick Morales turned out to be the supervising producer for this standalone DTV.

EmaHalJordan

It seems that not even in the alternative reality of Injustice I will be able to enjoy Ray Palmer Atom. For a long time in animation when they want to show the brain of the League they use Mr. Terrific, a pity, Atom I find visually much more attractive in addition to being a classic member of which we can only see a cameo in Justice League The New Frontier.

It makes me happy to see that Plasticman, Green Arrow and Captain Atom will be there!

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
That's a pretty stacked cast. Frankly, I don't know why they didn't bring back the principal actors from the games for the sake of consistency and continuity. I guess WB feels the many, many, many fans (?) of Hartley, Mount and *check article* Varney will increase sales ten fold in comparison to Newbern, Conroy and Eisenberg.

That would be like WB announcing a Young Justice DTV and then recasting the core characters just... because?

Looks like you were right 'Spider-Man'. This does indeed appear to be a 'DC Animated Movie', separate from the DC Universe line. Strange as they have never promoted these films with a 'sneak peek' before.

Also, interesting that this seems to be hitting later this year. WB really are all in on these DTV's... is any other studio even releasing DTV's these days?

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I don't know why they didn't bring back the principal actors from the games for the sake of consistency and continuity.
The article does say inspired by rather than a canonical story set within that same universe, so definitely not an Assault on Arkham scenario.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
The article does say inspired by rather than a canonical story set within that same universe, so definitely not an Assault on Arkham scenario.

Which feels like jumping through needless hoops, but it's fine. I've never been crazy about these fighting games but I'm more than willing to give this a chance.

Frontier

Staff member
It's basically like the Mortal Kombat animated films which also didn't bring back a lot of the VA's from the games (and ironically brought back Patrick Seitz as Scorpion just after he'd been recast).

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
It's basically like the Mortal Kombat animated films which also didn't bring back a lot of the VA's from the games (and ironically brought back Patrick Seitz as Scorpion just after he'd been recast).
Mortal Kombat follows the TMNT playbook. If there's a new project - you can expect a new cast. They only have veterans & role reprisals for certain occasions. Although then it does appear they will be retelling the Injustice story with some differences as opposed to a prequel, sequel, or side story as we guessed earlier could be the case.

Frontier

Staff member
Mortal Kombat follows the TMNT playbook. If there's a new project - you can expect a new cast. They only have veterans & role reprisals for certain occasions. Although then it does appear they will be retelling the Injustice story with some differences as opposed to a prequel, sequel, or side story as we guessed earlier could be the case.
They're definitely pulling from some of the prequel comic material.

Whether they'll adapt the game to where we see the "main" versions of the heroes taking on their Injustice coutnerparts remains to be seen.

powerjake

Banned
Strange how Warner Bros rarley makes DC animated movies based on a video game.

Injustice was lucky enough to even get an animated movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Anybody else have trouble accessing the forums?
Pluto TV has a Garfield and Friends channel. My childhood wanted you all to know that.
J10
It's great for the forums to return back again. I have some important International TV news that occurred few days ago, I need to post it.

Featured Posts