"Injustice" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I am going to guess this will be s "stand-alone" movie and not part of the new movie continuity. I never played the games to be honest, but I do know some of the plot and I am kind of interested in seeing an animated adaptation.
Who needs a DC fan event when all the news just happen to be made on a random day...unless there was some Warner Bros. Animation expo/upfront that I'm unaware of.
There was a WarnerMedia upfront, announced back in February. I forgot about it myself, until the first news started coming out today. :p

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Eh... I think this concept/gimmick works better for a fighting video game. The storyline was basically an excuse to see these characters fight each other.

Plus, if they follow the costume designs from the games, it would almost be an immediate turn off.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So if this movie is separate from the main DCAMU, then that means next year we will get three DCAMU movies instead of 4?
It will most likely be a stand alone. Depends on who is producing it. Too early to say since we only know the title literally today.

3 is the usual amount per year. 4 being an occasional occurrence.

Frontier

Staff member
I guess I'm not surprised they're doing an animated Injustice movie given how popular the games are. I mean, they already did a Mortal Kombat animated film ;).

I guess the question is whether this will adapt the first game or try and condense all the prequel comics into one film. The first game at least has a story that I think is adaptable to a film story since it's basically a darker version of the Justice Lords/Crisis on Two Earths, but I don't know if they want to do that kind of direct adaption :confused:.

This will feel like a bit of a DCAU reunion voice cast wise if they're sticking with the games, but considering the recasting for a few characters (Barry, Hal, Black Adam), I'm kind of curious how they'll handle the casting. Will Richard Epcar finally get to voice Joker in animation :evil:?

I am also curious to see how well the game designs adapt to animation :sweat:.

And since this is based on a fighting game, the fights better be up to snuff :p.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Devil's advocate, Assault on Arkham turned to be a well-received DTV based on the Arkham games. Maybe this Injustice movie is also a new story set in the game's canon rather than a straight up adaptation of one of the games or Tom Taylor's comic?

Frontier

Staff member
Devil's advocate, Assault on Arkham turned to be a well-received DTV based on the Arkham games. Maybe this Injustice movie is also a new story set in the game's canon rather than a straight up adaptation of one of the games or Tom Taylor's comic?
I guess there's potentially a lot of different things for them to do...consolidate the prequel comics into one movie (but that's a lot), straight-up adaption of the games, or I guess a new story set at some point in the games although there's a very clear timeline so I'm not sure who that would work o_O.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I was thinking of Assault on Arkham too, since that was another animated movie based on an existing video game. I think there's enough potential in both the "Arkham" and "Injustice" franchises to make some new, animated movies set in those universes (at least from what I know - like I said, I haven't played the games), so it might be the case.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
This would be more interesting if they told an original story in the Injustice world, instead of regurgitating the game's narrative in a straightforward adaptation.

I haven't read the comics, but I've always heard good things about them so perhaps they will use them as a starting point.

Spider-Man

I noticed this movie is a DC Animated Movie and not a DC Universe Movie according to the press release.

If they do opt to adapt some Injustice stories, ideally it's something from Tom Taylor's great tie-in comics.

Otaku-sempai

I noticed this movie is a DC Animated Movie and not a DC Universe Movie according to the press release.

If they do opt to adapt some Injustice stories, ideally it's something from Tom Taylor's great tie-in comics.
It still seems to be part of the larger line of DC Universe Animated Original Movies. It just happens to (probably) be a stand-alone within the product line. It's not as though the stand-alone features haven't been part of the line from the beginning.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Powerpuff Girls 2016 stands out from the other shows Bob Boyle created/co-created since it's the only one to star human characters, albeit super-powered ones. The other shows he created/co-created (Yin Yang Yo, Wow Wow Wubbzy, and Chico Bon Bon Monkey With A Tool Belt) star animal characters.
Im worried for other Nick shows due to newer Nicktoons shows like Smurfs, Kamp Koral get more attention which some other cartoons seems to not notice and forgot about it or new episodes airing in other countries.. thats my concern about treatment
That Girl Lay Lay on NickPluto for what I noticed in random times.. just I checked today.
This is why i changed my pfp for 1 day

My kizunatchi pfp will return after 1 day
Earlier this year was the 20th anniversary of macOS (then known as Mac OS X): 10.0 "Cheetah". Today, it's the 20th anniversary of the next release: 10.1 "Puma".

Featured Posts