Injun Trouble & Post War Inventions

Nelson

KrAzY KaT has been found
Two of the great cartoons that I have gotten for my birthday, I would like to share with all of you, on how great these cartoons are.

"Injun Trouble" (1969)After finally seeing all of the Cool Cat cartoons, I would have to say this is the best one out of the entire CC series.The cartoon itself is based on sight gags and Adult Humor, like in one scene where Cool Cat comes across a Topless Bar and he look into towards the camera and gives you this look and goes in only to find that the topless bartender is a man.The are some crude refrences towards native americans in this cartoon such as an Indian painting a pail and putting it on his head and saying, "Ug, Me Now A Pail face".I noticed that this cartoon is almost an adult cartoon instead for the Kids, it features a busty sexy looking female Indian whom Cool Cat starts drooling and get beatin to a pulp from an indian.Great Cartoon!

"Post War Inventions" (1945) This is perhaps the greatest Gandy Goose & Sourpuss ever made.This cartoon has been largely considered among cartoon fans, a "cult" classic.This might have been the very first cartoon that deals with the future as Gandy reads a book on future post war inventions.After the two of them go to bed, Sourpuss awakens into the future looking for Gandy until Gandy opens the door and shows Sourpuss the future of household appliances.First off, Gandy shows hoe people will eat in the future my showing one little pill and adding water and out pops up a seven course dinner, then Sourpuss takes the whole bottle of pills and drink water and a second later, he starts the throw up vegetables, live chickens, eggs, meat, etc, etc.But the funniest scene involves the future of tv.Gandy turns on show featuring a well drawn sexy redheaded women who is serenading Sourpuss, then Gandy switches channels and out comes a black man with his huge smile and eyes wide open, which turns out to be a toothpaste commerical.Then it's back to the sexy singer and a boxing match that gets thrown right out of the screen and into Sourpuss and knocking him right back into the tv set causing the screen to go berzerk and monsters barging out of the screen and right after Gandy & Sourpuss..This is one the best cartoon the Terrytoon studios has ever made... :)

Pilmedium

Interesting.

It looks like "Injun Trouble" is the last cartoon a child should see, even after most 'Indian' cartoons. :rolleyes: "Post War Inventions" sounds funny, but why is it so rare?

Emmanuel Cruz

Man of Music
Originally posted by Nelson
Two of the great cartoons that I have gotten for my birthday, I would like to share with all of you, on how great these cartoons are.

"Injun Trouble" (1969)After finally seeing all of the Cool Cat cartoons, I would have to say this is the best one out of the entire CC series.The cartoon itself is based on sight gags and Adult Humor, like in one scene where Cool Cat comes across a Topless Bar and he look into towards the camera and gives you this look and goes in only to find that the topless bartender is a man.The are some crude refrences towards native americans in this cartoon such as an Indian painting a pail and putting it on his head and saying, "Ug, Me Now A Pail face".I noticed that this cartoon is almost an adult cartoon instead for the Kids, it features a busty sexy looking female Indian whom Cool Cat starts drooling and get beatin to a pulp from an indian.Great Cartoon!

"Post War Inventions" (1945) This is perhaps the greatest Gandy Goose & Sourpuss ever made.This cartoon has been largely considered among cartoon fans, a "cult" classic.This might have been the very first cartoon that deals with the future as Gandy reads a book on future post war inventions.After the two of them go to bed, Sourpuss awakens into the future looking for Gandy until Gandy opens the door and shows Sourpuss the future of household appliances.First off, Gandy shows hoe people will eat in the future my showing one little pill and adding water and out pops up a seven course dinner, then Sourpuss takes the whole bottle of pills and drink water and a second later, he starts the throw up vegetables, live chickens, eggs, meat, etc, etc.But the funniest scene involves the future of tv.Gandy turns on show featuring a well drawn sexy redheaded women who is serenading Sourpuss, then Gandy switches channels and out comes a black man with his huge smile and eyes wide open, which turns out to be a toothpaste commerical.Then it's back to the sexy singer and a boxing match that gets thrown right out of the screen and into Sourpuss and knocking him right back into the tv set causing the screen to go berzerk and monsters barging out of the screen and right after Gandy & Sourpuss..This is one the best cartoon the Terrytoon studios has ever made... :)

You lucky dog! You got Injun Trouble! Oh, well, you deserve it. From your review, it sounds like a funny cartoon, even though it's not the greatest cartoon for kiddies. Post War Inventions sounds like a great cartoon. I saw the picture on Jerry's site with the smiling black man. I like how Gandy Goose is drawn. Enjoy! :D

-Emmanuel :bosko:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.

Featured Posts