Inazuma Eleven Ares Coming To Disney XD

Latest News & Videos

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Do the have to give english names to every anime character on that channel? What's wrong with Japanese names anyway?
I don't believe any of the character names on Beyblade Burst were changed. These localized Inazuma Eleven names have been used around the world, even in the official subtitled Japanese version.

You're probably seeing a correlation that might be more of a coincidence. Disney XD's anime lineup includes Pokemon, which has been using localized names for decades. Yo-Kai Watch and Inazuma Eleven are from the same company, so the same sensibilities are to be expected. Doraemon featured overzealous localization at the behest of the Japanese production companies.

Mandouga

Okay, so I found something out today. I don't know how the dub will handle it, and I can't go into too much detail, but let me say that this story begins with tragedy.

Takao

Okay, so I found something out today. I don't know how the dub will handle it, and I can't go into too much detail, but let me say that this story begins with tragedy.
If this is about Sonny's mom, it would be hard for the dub to avoid referencing that. She wasn't murdered, so I don't think it should be that much of an issue.

Golden Geek

Gera Gera Po
Death isn't a major issue on Disney XD. Jibanyan's backstory in Yokai Watch involves him getting hit by a car and dying. Not to mention some of the stuff in Gravity Falls, Star Wars Rebels, etc.

SleepyBat

Yo-kai, won't you be my friend?
English version is produced by SDI Media.
Cast list below spoiler break
Sonny Wright: Kyle McCarley
Elliot Ember: Steve Canden
Heath Moore, Valentin Eisner: Lucien Dodge
Duske Grayling, Cliff Parker: Kaiji Tang
Basilie Hardy: Bryce Papenbrook
Adriano Donati: Tony Azzolino
Sandra Fischer: Cherami Leigh
Trever Cook: Johnny Yong Bosch
Kiko Calavento: Erika Harlacher
Nino Nango, Aurelia Dingle: Christine Marie Cabanos
Cesar Montalban: Griffin Burns
Mister Yi: Chris Smith
Regina Mulgrave: Cristina Valenzuela
Dean Rush: Richard Epcar

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
...I don't recognize any of those voices...

EDIT: Never mind. Johnny Yong Bosch (Noby from Doraemon and Nate from Yo-Kai Watch is present.

Last edited:

SleepyBat

Yo-kai, won't you be my friend?
...I don't recognize any of those voices...
Some of them strike familiar as having been part of Yo-kai Watch's Season 3 cast (Erika Harlacher, Griffin Burns, Bryce Papenbrook) while some of the others just seem to be...in the industry, I guess?

Additional update after having watched episode 2 - the ED has been dubbed as "A Girl in Love is A Sign of Rain". It oddly doesn't credit any singer though
The entirety of the episodes matches up perfectly with the French dub so the OP will likely see a dub in Episode 3 as well

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Woah they got Nate's from Yo-Kai Watch original dub voice actor, the voice actress recently from Violet Evergarden , the Voice of Mob from Mob Physco and many others

Takao

I don't know which studio this is being recorded at. Like I said earlier, Level-5's IPs have been all over the place. Probably a non-union LA dub through SDI Media or something
I wish I was right about important things ...

Light Lucario

Staff member
Pokémon USA is now The Pokémon Company International, and 4K Media is now Konami Cross Media NY (look them up)
I didn't know that 4K Media changed their name, but apparently it only happened a couple of weeks ago. Konami Cross Media doesn't roll off the tongue as well as 4K Media did, but it does fit with their plans for the company. I don't know how much they'll do with other Konami properties, but I suspect that they'll continue to primarily work on Yu-Gi-Oh! dubs. Now I can blame Konami more directly for any problems I have with the English dubs, just like I do with the card game and how most fans of their other properties feel about the company.

I can only recognize a couple of people on that list, but that's pretty cool that they have a nice variety of voice actors for the cast. I haven't seen it yet and I'm not sure if it would be my cup of tea, but I might check it out for the heck of it.

Reactions: RDG

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Disney XD has put full first episode ON YouTube
Also, love that the dub uses the term football. They also didn't do that thing where the show takes place in America but it's Japan.

Watched both episodes , I enjoyed it.

Reactions: RDG