In Regards to My Reincarnation as a Slime Talkback

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
Ratings
New Milford, NJ

Minami Satoru who lived a normal life was stabbed by a passing ruffian, closing the curtains of the 37 years of his life…
It should have been like this, at least. But he suddenly found himself not being able to see nor hear...
In this kind of state, he became aware of the truth: he had reincarnated into a slime.

While complaining about becoming the weak but famous slime and enjoying the life of a slime at the same time, Minami Satoru met with the Catastrophe-level monster “Storm Dragon Verudora”, and his fate began to move.

Last edited:

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Ratings
1,314 4
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
The whole Isekai genre can get pretty weird and random at times. This is a fun story at least.

I look forward to the anime for this, Arifureta, and the Magi's Grandson. They all have potential to have some fun comedy at least.

Now I have to wonder if the isekai about a dude getting reincarnated as a fantasy world hot spring will ever get done. Also, that's not a joke. That's literally real.

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
Ratings
New Milford, NJ
The whole Isekai genre can get pretty weird and random at times. This is a fun story at least.

I look forward to the anime for this, Arifureta, and the Magi's Grandson. They all have potential to have some fun comedy at least.

Now I have to wonder if the isekai about a dude getting reincarnated as a fantasy world hot spring will ever get done. Also, that's not a joke. That's literally real.
Yeah I saw that one. Still not what that ones all about since...come one really? A Hot Spring? And yeah, took me a long time to get into this one since it just felt so...weird, but MAN was I missing out. Rimuru is all kinds of awesome man. He just feels like the kind of protagonist I would be in his situation. Heroic, but still man...can I get a break sometime and just kick back and relax with a secretary with huge boobs who rests them on my head?

As an aside, check my other posts about anime. They're all top grade stuff that's coming out this month...Except Taisho Otome which is complete and should be read and enjoyed by EVERYONE!!!

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
Ratings
New Milford, NJ
What you should be reading is Goblin Slayer before the anime comes out ;)
Read the first two chapters. Repugnant and vile don't quite express my opinions well enough. Amazing art though. It just indulges in such ugly fetishisim of things I find ugly and vulgar. Like yeah I know they're portrayed as being horrible things, but Jesus even Berserk didn't go this far at times and that's you know...Berserk. It also suffers from Darkness Induced Audience Apathy due to said ugliness and bleakness and sort of feels the same way as GoT does in that it feels like it's trying to deconstruct the type of stories that take place in these settings, but goes WAAAAY too far in that direction in this case. The comparisons to Dark Souls are also off since, yeah no...NONE of those games are that dark it feels like. Demons Souls and Bloodborne feel close, but don't feel as ugly.

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
Ratings
New Milford, NJ
On a more direct not about the series, I got MASSIVELY into since it feels like something from Nippon Ichi or something. You see things from the monsters perspectives and see them as no different to humans and basically watch a benevolent Overlord(Dark Lord, Devil King, Maou, etc.) in the making which Rimuru basically is. He becomes really OP in a sense early, but it's trickier for him since he wants to keep his vassals alive and there ARE people stronger than him so he has to be creative in how he fights certain monsters and deals with certain beings.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Ratings
1,314 4
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
Read the first two chapters. Repugnant and vile don't quite express my opinions well enough. Amazing art though. It just indulges in such ugly fetishisim of things I find ugly and vulgar. Like yeah I know they're portrayed as being horrible things, but Jesus even Berserk didn't go this far at times and that's you know...Berserk. It also suffers from Darkness Induced Audience Apathy due to said ugliness and bleakness and sort of feels the same way as GoT does in that it feels like it's trying to deconstruct the type of stories that take place in these settings, but goes WAAAAY too far in that direction in this case. The comparisons to Dark Souls are also off since, yeah no...NONE of those games are that dark it feels like. Demons Souls and Bloodborne feel close, but don't feel as ugly.
I think you are mis-remembering how far Berserk went then. IMHO the light novel is none of those things. I think the deconstruction aspects also work remarkably well.

I like the Reincarnated as a Slime for the most part. Not the best isekai story I've ever read, which is Arifureta, but it's decent.

I am fairly amused that Rimuru's human form is that childlike girlish look. He's got tons of powers, but he doesn't have the best of luck.

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
Ratings
New Milford, NJ
I think you are mis-remembering how far Berserk went then. IMHO the light novel is none of those things. I think the deconstruction aspects also work remarkably well.

I like the Reincarnated as a Slime for the most part. Not the best isekai story I've ever read, which is Arifureta, but it's decent.

I am fairly amused that Rimuru's human form is that childlike girlish look. He's got tons of powers, but he doesn't have the best of luck.
Read the manga not the novel which left little to the imagination as to what happened to all of the victims. Berserk was unquestionably brutal, but it didn't have this feeling of gratuity. Like the horrid stuff happening feels like it's happening for it's own sake, whereas in Berserk it felt like an extension of something else.

Disagree as that form is intentional since it's a mimic of someone he liked and respected in the new RPG world.

PapaGreg

Drinking my sorrows
Nov 1, 2013
Ratings
1,550 10
Off topic but the problem I have with Goblin Slayer is that the world itself is supposed to be a deconstruction of fantasy worlds but everyone else save for a few people think its a standard RPG like fantasy world complete with monks, warriors and other classes.

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
Ratings
New Milford, NJ
Off topic but the problem I have with Goblin Slayer is that the world itself is supposed to be a deconstruction of fantasy worlds but everyone else save for a few people think its a standard RPG like fantasy world complete with monks, warriors and other classes.
TheVileOne actually made a topic for that series. To discuss in for that and yeah that bugs me too in that the characters act like those general archetypes when it logically makes no sense for them to do so except for them to serve as fodder for the upcoming horror fest.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Ratings
1,314 4
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
Do you mean people in the world or people who read the novels/manga?

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
Ratings
New Milford, NJ
In order to reclaim this thread from TheVileOne who jacked it for his own purposes, I'd like to recommend the first 5 Manga Volumes of Slime which you can now purchase on the Play Store along with the first 2 LN volumes. Both of which are excellent reads.

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
Ratings
New Milford, NJ
If there is a story you like and support, people should buy the official content to support the authors and publishers so we can keep getting more stateside.

The good thing is with digital age, more stuff is becoming available on Comixology and Amazon and the like.
Indeed...NOW GO BUY IT AND JOIN THE WORSHIP OF OUR SLIME OVERLORD!!!

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
Ratings
New Milford, NJ
Found the article and my old post about Slime Datta Ken

https://www.intoxianime.com/2018/04/ranking-de-vendas-mangas-mais-vendidos-mar-26-abr-1/

In terms of total sales at the time of the writing of this article,

1. One Piece (to the surprise of no one)

2. Tokyo Ghoul: re

3. Ao no Exorcist

4. Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

5. Diamond in Ace

Slime Datta Ken stands out to me since I had heard it was popular(both LN and manga), but had no idea it was THAT popular. I recognize a lot of other series on there are as well(Shinmai Shimai Gohan, Cardcaptor Sakura, Kimi ni Todoke, Mahoutsukai no Yome, Komi-san, Hi-Score Girl, etc.). To see it stand out like that pleases me a great deal and makes me look forward to the anime...somewhat. My biggest fear is the same fear as with Golden Kamuy and OP. That the sheer popularity of the work causes the people working on the anime to get lazy and complacent with the quality thinking that the sheer popularity of the work will carry it ie, people will still watch since they like it in spite of crappy quality.

Even BETTER Results from back in March.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1723272

4th in Manga beating out MHA, Golden Kamuy, Kimi ni Todoke, Card Captor Sakura, and Ao no Exorcist among others and came in 2nd behind only Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. That's pretty damn good for a series about an everyday salary man dying from a stabbing who gets reincarnated into a slime in a Fantasy RPG Universe.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.
When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...
I just had a bizzaro dream that Frank Welker was in my computer lab on campus! o_0