In-Flight Movie "Sailor Moon Super S" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate This Toonami In-Flight Movie!

Votes: 4 17.4%

Votes: 2 8.7%

Votes: 6 26.1%

Votes: 1 4.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 4.3%

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
"Sailor Moon Super S" Talkback (Spoilers)

This is the official talkback thread for the Toonami In-Flight Movie "Sailor Moon Super S" airing on Toonami September 13th at 4.0 PM (3.0 Central). Would anyone like to comment on this movie? This will be the second airing of "Sailor Moon Super S" on broadcast television after it made its Toonami debut about a year ago.​

Majin_Megabyte

Ice Witch
Originally posted by Mackenzie Rainelle
>_____________<;;;; They...used.....the DIC opening theme!!! ::brandishes Bigass Anime Mallet O' DOOM:: WHOSE IDEA WAS THAT?!??!?!

Um that's the Japanasee theme music for the origanl,R,S,and Super S in japan only with people singing in english. This is a good movie anyway.

Nin-Nin69

[CUE SQUEALING FANGIRLS]
A good movie that should only be viewed on DVD. :D

Um that's the Japanasee theme music for the origanl,R,S,and Super S in japan only with people singing in english.

The Japanese one is longer and has a better beat though. :cool:

gtracer72

All hail Starscream!!
Well, it was alright. The story was kinda lame, and Darian was out for the entire movie after one blow, come on. It was better than Iron Giant, which they are showing next week :( .

BlackCat

The Dark Knight
I hated the Super S season, but this movie is a lot better than the series itself. I have already seen it recently, but it was good, despite the DiC music. I still like their VAs a lot better than the CWi VAs, probably because those were the first English VAs I heard. That song, Nothing At All was so stupid and didn't fit with the scene. A lot of drama, romance, and cheese.

The movie dub gets a 3.5/5 stars.

Originally posted by gtracer72
Well, it was alright. The story was kinda lame, and Darian was out for the entire movie after one blow, come on. It was better than Iron Giant, which they are showing next week :( .

I believe they cut out a scene of him impacting against the gondola. That was where he got most of the damage and his taped up ribs.

StrangerAtaru

Hey, I want to be Ussop!
Personally, I find this film as rather cute. OK, not sickening cute like Hamtaro, but cute enough to even have me going "ooh" and "aah" throughout the film. There were also a lot of great scenes in this film as well (especially when the Outers show up and show whose boss to the guys controlling the Bon-Bon Babies) And of course, the SM humor I have grown to love over the years. (while I can't stand Chibi-Usa at this point in the series, anytime she and Usagi go at it always gets to me. Then there is Minako.......but you already know about my obsession with her)

As for what was wrong with the film, where to start. How about the voices: while there is nothing wrong with several of the English ones after all this time, Terri Hawkes just doesn't do it for me as Usagi/Serena anymore. (I personally prefer the original Japanese voice, but I also have rediscovered the cute voice she had in the dub before Hawkes took her over. As for her CWi voice...I sort of forgot. Another quick note: I never really liked the first Minako dub voice either and do prefer the CWi one, who is able to get more from her ditzy side) Then there were the Outers, but I mentioned that in another thread. (it was like they were screaming their lines, and Haruka/Uranus is not that feminine! And Setsuna/Pluto...never mind, it will just get ugly) The music was somewhat blah as well, but I do applaude them keeping that cute kids song that they sing on the trip to eternal slumber. As for the plot, it started off OK until they start going into some of the cliches that are set up this point in the anime: Usagi/SM doing everything, the girls helping until she does something herself, then lending her their power for the final confrontation, everything happening to either Usagi or Chibi-Usa, etc. When the Black Dream Hole finally showed up, I was asking why this was happening, but it is the typical "villain has no reason other than just wanting to do something with the Earth". Then there is Mamoru, going in to save lives, get thrown out early, and around enough for Usagi and him to make gooshy faces at each other. And the end....well it just reminds me too much like the Pegasus, even though the kid is a lot more tolerable to me than Helios.

In conclusion, I really do like some parts of this movie, enough to make it better than the SMS one. But then, it is not as good as the superior SMR movie. (Fiore rules all!)

One last quick note: I got to see chibi-Sailor Senshi! I wish there were more in that film, like I heard once.

DarkMaster

just wondering?

Do sailor pluto, sailor neptune and uranus have better lines?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajax

I watched this movie three years ago, after watching only a few minutes of it on Toonami it reminded me why I haven't touched it in such a long time. :yawn: This movie is average, but the fact is about Rini makes it less than average. Oh well, its nice too see SM back on the air.

Sandro

This movie felt like a long episode and it contained the usual amount of cheesiness that SM is well-known for. I want whatever time was spent watching that "movie" back.

bunnie_love

I like this movie. When Chibi-USA was being kidnapped, I almost cried with Serena. Sailor Moon R was good but i lot of people like it because Serena dies (but comes back to life.)

I'm new and have fun

Kermit

Ready, Set, Go!
I didn't care for this movie, I'm not that big of an SM fan so thats probably why. I hate Rini she gets on my nerves and a movie basically with her as the star seems like a bad idea in my opinion.

Beat

Retired
Well, that was boring. Catching the last 15 minutes, and there was enough sugar to make a cake for all the fans at the Super Bowl.

Bottom line, it was crap.

Batgirl_2005

Don't I Wish...
I'm actually a sailor moon fan and i've seen this movie a lot... It's a good movie if for no other reason than it has Peruru in it. :eek: There's some lines that just bug the heck out of me. But all in all I like this movie. :)

But I have to ask. Why do they show the movie when the series is gone?

Luna

Daydreamer
This movie is cute,but I liked the S and R movies more......I've seen both versions,and I like Serena far more than Usagi....evrtyone else is OK in both versions....My favorite scene in the movie is Sailor Moon and Chibi/Minimoon's "Moon Gorgeous Meditation" attack toward the end of the movie...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts