Imperialism in animation

Latest News & Videos

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
I thought this was interesting, a video about imperialism in children's animation:

This video covers Avatar the Last Airbender, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Steven Universe, and She-Ra (Spoilers for all those series and Frozen II in this video). How do you think imperialism is handled in animation?

Last edited:
Reactions: Checkerboard

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
I'm surprised that Voltron: Legendary Defender isn't mentioned at all since the Galra Empire was the antagonistic force in the series, after all.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

You know what I want to see? A team up between MOE 2000, Courage's computer, and Swayzak.
Jerry Nelson was good with The Count and Mr. Johnson, but he was not good with Elmo, even if he technically originated the role. At least he wasn't like with Richard Hunt (who made Elmo sound like a caveman).

How come Discovery Family Channel never aired the Transformers episode, Make Tracks?
DonkeyKongSong wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
If you're still interested, Batman vs TMNT will air this Friday night at 7pm on Nicktoons.

From "Kosmiczny wykop" (new cartoon on TVN in Poland). This is the largest number of copyright claimants (twelve!) I have ever encountered in the end credits copyright notice: