Latest News & Videos

Peter Paltridge

Too Hip For Spielberg
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon

Didn't see this coming. I have no idea how many new people it's going to bring in as it just happened in the last 24 hours. Currently, the most traffic-drawing link to the site is also from Wikipedia, the Ocarina of Time page which links to my archived Ariana Almondoz page.

For those wondering, you receive no warning when Wikipedia links to you; you just see traffic coming from it on Site Statistics. THIS time, it's to my Nintendo Power Vol. 80 Review page. I said near the bottom that the first printed mention of Pokemon in North America was in this issue. They used it today and linked me in "References."

The problem is, since it's an article from the site's first year, it was made on Yahoo Geocities PageBuilder and it's not the best beginner's example of the site's quality. I already went back in tonight and changed some of the more dated sentences. "The Powerpuff Girls are nowhere to be seen" is now "Spongebob is nowhere to be seen." I also removed the idiotic statement that Metal Gear Solid and Goldeneye are the same genre of video game. Full overhaul to come--I'll have to cut-and-paste this into honest, expanding HTML.

Peter Paltridge

Too Hip For Spielberg
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon

Didn't see this coming. I have no idea how many new people it's going to bring in as it just happened in the last 24 hours. Currently, the most traffic-drawing link to the site is also from Wikipedia, the Ocarina of Time page which links to my archived Ariana Almondoz page.

For those wondering, you receive no warning when Wikipedia links to you; you just see traffic coming from it on Site Statistics. THIS time, it's to my Nintendo Power Vol. 80 Review page. I said near the bottom that the first printed mention of Pokemon in North America was in this issue. They used it today and linked me in "References."

The problem is, since it's an article from the site's first year, it was made on Yahoo Geocities PageBuilder and it's not the best beginner's example of the site's quality. I already went back in tonight and changed some of the more dated sentences. "The Powerpuff Girls are nowhere to be seen" is now "Spongebob is nowhere to be seen." I also removed the idiotic statement that Metal Gear Solid and Goldeneye are the same genre of video game. Full overhaul to come--I'll have to cut-and-paste this into honest, expanding HTML.

pacman000

Jun 5, 2017
websitering.neocities.org
I wouldn't change the article; it reflects the time it was written. Someone using Wikipedia's cites knows that.

Edit: I didn't realize how old this post was; how did I get on a thread from '06?

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Opinion changed from The 7D. I didn't like it, because it's often more bland despite the animation and the writing as well. It's kinda more like Teen Titans Go! I don't even blame on Parry Gripp's music.
Has anyone seen the new Sonic the Hedgehog movie yet? I just did and I LOVED IT! It was such a fun and heartwarming movie and I can't wait to see more of Sonic in the sequel (if it gets made)!
You think the 2016 reboot is the worst entry in the Powerpuff Girls franchise? That honor actually goes to "Powerpuff Girls Z". How about that?
I'm one of those people that's more familiar with Sonic's arch-enemy being called "Dr. Ivo Robotnik" rather than "Eggman".

As I mentioned, Melanie Minichino should definitely sing more.