I'm A Little Nervous For Disney's New CEO, Bob Chapek

TsWade2

Hi,

As you all know, the CEO of Disney Bob Iger is going to be leaving the company very soon, and the new CEO of Disney will be Bob Chapek. I wish I was excited to have a new CEO of Disney, but to be honest, I'm a little nervous. When Chapek became the CEO of Disney Parks AKA Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and etc, a lot of fans of the Disney theme parks criticized him and say that he'll destroy the classics or doesn't stand what makes Disney so special. When Disney announced that Bob Chapek will become the new CEO of Disney before the pandemic started, a lot of people of social media say that's a terrible idea and some say he'll destroyed Disney for his greedy deeds. And that got me very nervous. I've been also hearing some criticisms on what he said about Scarlett Johansson when she sued Disney. I don't know if he's the right person to be the CEO of Disney. But, if I want to except him as the new CEO of Disney, I want to hear what he want's to do with the company first before passing judgement. But right now, I'm a little nervous.

Last edited:

Moe

Hi,

As you all know, the CEO of Disney Bob Iger is going to be leaving the company very soon, and thee new CEO of Disney will be Bob Chapek. I wish I was excited to have a new CEO of Disney, but to be honest, I'm a little nervous. When Chapek became the CEO of Disney Parks AKA Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and etc, a lot of fans of the Disney theme parks criticized him and say that he'll destroy the classics or doesn't stand what makes Disney so special. When Disney announced that Bob Chapek will become the new CEO of Disney before the pandemic started, a lot of people of social media say that's a terrible idea and some say he'll destroyed Disney for his greedy deeds. And that got me very nervous. I've been also hearing some criticisms on what he said about Scarlett Johansson when she sued Disney. I don't know if he's the right person to be the CEO of Disney. But, if I want to except him as the new CEO of Disney, I want to hear what he want's with the company first before passing judgement. But right now, I'm a little nervous.
I'm concerned that Disney, I means Disney Corporation after they bought 20th Century, so they could become like Square Enix after Squaresoft and Enix merged in 2003, so they became very greedy with lazy ports. It could happen to Disney so they are looking for cheap option with massive profits.

Squaresoft and Enix made best RPG in 1980s and 1990s, so now, they are past the prime.

harry580

I'm concerned that Disney, I means Disney Corporation after they bought 20th Century, so they could become like Square Enix after Squaresoft and Enix merged in 2003, so they became very greedy with lazy ports. It could happen to Disney so they are looking for cheap option with massive profits.

Squaresoft and Enix made best RPG in 1980s and 1990s, so now, they are past the prime.
yeah, it didn't help but disney closed blue sky studios, just like how sqaure enix closed square pictures (the film divison of squaresoft) after the merger of squaresoft and enix

I do wonder if John Lasseter could launch the third savedisney thing again (and maybe teaming up with Chris wedge again to do it)

I thinking how long is bob chapek rank of ceo is going to last, the person that has a rank of ceo of disney that didn't last long I can think of is Ron miller which he left disney in 1984

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I do wonder if John Lasseter could launch the third Save Disney thing again (and maybe teaming up with Chris wedge again to do it).
I don't think Lasseter will ever do that, considering that he left Disney in June 2018 after admitting to the misconduct allegations against him that went public back in November 2017.

TsWade2

Okay, after reading of one you guy's post, this makes me even more nervous. I just hope Bob Chapek prove me wrong, but I have feeling Disney might go downhill again. :crying:

Last edited:

Moe

Bob Chapek is going to make Disney bankrupt
Very unlikely, Disney board will throw CEO out if any changes that made by CEO that lead to negative on Disney's reputation and Disney's biggest goal are make a lot of money and profit. If it isn't profit, CEO is out. Disney's business is heavily focus on streaming services like Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu, their theme parks, their movies in theaters and their merchandises (toys, clothes) and all physical media.

I would like to see him in jail for one hundred years.
No, you can't unless CEO commit or conspire the fraud and those are done at federal court and 100 years is extremely unlikely unless it is one of most severe like Bernie Madoff did. Bob Chapek isn't same as Bernie Madoff, even not close at all. CEO's most worry would be Disney's board and their shareholders.

Disney might go downhill again
Despite closure of Blue Sky Studios, less attendance at their parks and less profit at movie theaters due to Covid, Disney continues to make a lot of money with streaming services and it is one of biggest Disney's goal. It will recover quickly after Covid pandemic goes away or less. You may not like any changes but many other customers may love any changes that made by Disney, so can't please everyone.

Last edited:

harry580

Very unlikely, Disney board will throw CEO out if any changes that made by CEO that lead to negative on Disney's reputation and Disney's biggest goal are make a lot of money and profit. If it isn't profit, CEO is out. Disney's business is heavily focus on streaming services like Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu, their theme parks, their movies in theaters and their merchandises (toys, clothes) and all physical media.

No, you can't unless CEO commit or conspire the fraud and those are done at federal court and 100 years is extremely unlikely unless it is one of most severe like Bernie Madoff did. Bob Chapek isn't same as Bernie Madoff, even not close at all. CEO's most worry would be Disney's board and their shareholders.
what about Michael Eisner?, he did bad things before
Despite closure of Blue Sky Studios, less attendance at their parks and less profit at movie theaters due to Covid, Disney continues to make a lot of money with streaming services and it is one of biggest Disney's goal. It will recover quickly after Covid pandemic goes away or less. You may not like any changes but many other customers may love any changes that made by Disney, so can't please everyone.
if they recover it, could disney reopen blue sky studios like disney did with hollywood pictures but only to close it again a couple years later or keep it open but sell the studio

Moe

what about Michael Eisner?, he did bad things before
Michael Eisner was good CEO in late 1980s to early 2000s, so went downhill after that but Disney was successful with TV channel when they transformed into almost all live action - it was all about customers wanted it but longtime fans, including myself were disappointed. Remember, Disney's goal is about MONEY.

Also Michael Eisner turned Disney into profitable in 1980s after downturn in 1970s and 1980s, otherwise other companies will buy Disney long time ago.

if they recover it, could disney reopen blue sky studios like disney did with hollywood pictures but only to close it again a couple years later or keep it open but sell the studio
Very unlikely, Blue Sky Studios IP will made at Pixar, Disney or 20th Century, so Disney made a clear that they will not open to make as third animation studio. The schedule about future Blue Sky Studios contents are secret and no one know until Disney announces or someone leak it.

harry580

Very unlikely, Blue Sky Studios IP will made at Pixar, Disney or 20th Century, so Disney made a clear that they will not open to make as third animation studio. The schedule about future Blue Sky Studios contents are secret and no one know until Disney announces or someone leak it.
so you meant that the blue sky studios ips are indefinitely in a zone where it ended up to be a one big right issue headache for disney?

Moe

so you meant that the blue sky studios ips are indefinitely in a zone where it ended up to be a one big right issue headache for disney?
No, I don't say about this.

I clearly said that Blue Sky Studios IP is owned by Disney so they will end in Disney owned studio or contract with studio outside of Disney to make movies or TV shows.

No one know about future schedule with new contents that based on Blue Sky Studios and it means you have to wait until announcement, so it may be months or years.

Heeroyuy_Batman

Hi,

As you all know, the CEO of Disney Bob Iger is going to be leaving the company very soon, and the new CEO of Disney will be Bob Chapek. I wish I was excited to have a new CEO of Disney, but to be honest, I'm a little nervous. When Chapek became the CEO of Disney Parks AKA Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and etc, a lot of fans of the Disney theme parks criticized him and say that he'll destroy the classics or doesn't stand what makes Disney so special. When Disney announced that Bob Chapek will become the new CEO of Disney before the pandemic started, a lot of people of social media say that's a terrible idea and some say he'll destroyed Disney for his greedy deeds. And that got me very nervous. I've been also hearing some criticisms on what he said about Scarlett Johansson when she sued Disney. I don't know if he's the right person to be the CEO of Disney. But, if I want to except him as the new CEO of Disney, I want to hear what he want's to do with the company first before passing judgement. But right now, I'm a little nervous.
I'm a little nervous too. However, considering just how much Bob Iger did for Disney, pretty much anyone who succeeded him as CEO will not be on his high level so we have to be careful about what standards we judge Bob Chapek's job performance by. This said it makes me nervous if the report I read is true that he's going to use data as the sole guide to picking what to green light or push. However, I think he'll do fine for the most part. I do wonder if he will make strategic acquisitions like Iger did and Eisner sometimes did or use a different strategy. Then again, with the immensity of the 20th Century Fox acquisition and it increasing Disney's size and stature to that of a near-monopoly, Disney will be limited to only being able to buy small or medium sized media companies for awhile until other companies catch up to it.

TsWade2

Michael Eisner was good CEO in late 1980s to early 2000s, so went downhill after that but Disney was successful with TV channel when they transformed into almost all live action - it was all about customers wanted it but longtime fans, including myself were disappointed. Remember, Disney's goal is about MONEY.

Also Michael Eisner turned Disney into profitable in 1980s after downturn in 1970s and 1980s, otherwise other companies will buy Disney long time ago.

You're absolutely right. I can't believe I have my moment. I promised from other thread that I'll do better than I did on DVDizzy.com, but I guess it came back to me again. I was ranting, because I'm nervous concern. So, sorry to be ranty. I just hope Bob Chapek impressed me and I hope the board of directors know what they're doing.

TsWade2

I've found this youtube video saying that Disney's earnings have drop sadly: And this: And then, Disney fans quickly blamed Bob Chapek for that. I mean, no that I hate Bob Chapek, but it is making me concern.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Honestly, I don't want to be too pessimistic towards Bob Chapek since his tenure is just getting started. Let's wait and see for the next 2-3 years to see how his tenure turned out before we start complaining.

Reactions: Moe

Moe

Honestly, I don't want to be too pessimistic towards Bob Chapek since his tenure is just getting started. Let's wait and see for the next 2-3 years to see how his tenure turned out before we start complaining.
I agree, I'm slightly optimistic about new contents on Disney+ but they didn't anything with Disney live channels, sadly.

TsWade2

Okay.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts