IGPX: "Into Tommorow" Talkback (Spoilers)

How many gold stars does this season finale get?

• 5 gold stars for all the nerve.

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • 4 gold stars for the racing curve.

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • 3 gold stars due to mediocricy.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • 2 gold stars for the piloting.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 gold star for having so much fun.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0 gold stars for the racing's dumb.

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
toonami2.jpg
igpx.jpg

The season finale has arrived, but not before the final battle between Team Satomi and Team Velshtine is decided. Can Team Satomi shock the world and win against the defending champions in there first season, or will Cunningham find some way to pull Satomi back down to Earth?​

KuwabaraTheMan

Artimus Gigan said:
This series better be greenlit for another season

Its had a 26 episode pickup from the getgo, they're already past this point in Japan.

Although I think Akins said there wasn't a great chance of further episodes beyond Season 2, although it was possible.

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
Artimus Gigan said:
This series better be greenlit for another season

We are currently scheduled to get 13 more episodes starting in 11 weeks. Hopefully the show is performing well enough to get more episodes beyond that. If it is only doing ok on television here, there may still be hope due to DVD sales and the Japanese ratings (if those are any good).

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
If this does turn out to be rather successful, I really hope we get a peek into the IG-1 and IG-2 leagues.

Maybe the series would go over better on the non-believers if we saw Team Satomi's rise through the ranks.

Luca

Duke said:
If this does turn out to be rather successful, I really hope we get a peek into the IG-1 and IG-2 leagues.

Maybe the series would go over better on the non-believers if we saw Team Satomi's rise through the ranks.

Hopefully they show more mechs, even if they aren't important to the story.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
William C. Maune said:
We are currently scheduled to get 13 more episodes starting in 11 weeks. Hopefully the show is performing well enough to get more episodes beyond that. If it is only doing ok on television here, there may still be hope due to DVD sales and the Japanese ratings (if those are any good).

11 weeks? But JLU has 9 episodes left.

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
Sketch said:
11 weeks? But JLU has 9 episodes left.

Exactly. The first of the 9 new episodes starts one week from today, thus the 9th and final episode will air ten weeks from today (9+1). The week after, IGPX is scheduled to return, 11 weeks from today.

Sampo

Duke said:

Dang, when did the IGPX become the book of Origin? :sweat: Frakkin Ori, their influence is spreading everywhere!

Sorry when I saw the "non-believers" part I had to type that up. *Ahem*

For me, it wouldn't have mattered. Watching Team Satomi come out from the IG 2 and race in the IG 1 teams makes me feel like it would have been the same if they showed how they rose through the IG 2 ranks. I am kinda glad they did that. We might have been spared watching an even more bored Takeshi (based on his attitude in earlier matches) race during the IG 2.

Luca said:
Hopefully they show more mechs, even if they aren't important to the story.
I hope for more interesting characters and better character development (for the main three characters). I wonder if they are still going to go with telling two story deal. It could work... it's just that the previous ones were kinda boring.

Vagrant

Left TZ (Voluntary)
This series could be half-way decent once the dialogue climbs above the level of an Afterschool Special.

ChibiGoku

Something Not Quite Right
Seeing this episode when the japanese version aired was amazing. I do want to comment on one thing:

Cunningham(sp?) and Takeshi's fighting is one of the most amazing animated scenes in the series.

I'll express my opinion on this episode after Toonami airs this, considering I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.

FireStarterLE

You don't want to see us mad
this should be a good fight to the finish. Would be nice if the second season was sorta like the very first (but i dont think that's going to happen, more like a possible 3rd season to show that)

bloodfalcon

WHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT!!!! !!!!!
season finale

i bet you that in a race like this cunningham and takeshi will probably be screaming a lot. (no really they scream/shout a lot in this anime when racing) just watch i'll bet you cunningham and/or takeshi will yell their heads off at some point. lol. its not important but hey its a funny fact! :D

FireStarterLE

You don't want to see us mad
what would be funny would be if someone other than Cunningham or Takeshi won the race (Liz or Amy for Sat. or one of the other guys for Vel.)

Ana

Well, it seems IGPX is popular enough to be getting a game in Japan. I hope that sees a US release. Anywho, I'm really excited for this episode! But eleven weeks until the second batch of episodes start airing here? Dang. The delay on the first DVD has kinda bummed me too. Can't wait till it's out though.

Duke

Ana said:
The delay on the first DVD has kinda bummed me too. Can't wait till it's out though.
Well, only the special Edition w/shirt has been delayed (meaning there was a problem manufacturing either the shirt or the Puff-pack packaging), the regular edition is still slated to come out this month.

bloodfalcon

WHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT!!!! !!!!!
dvd

i hope they sell it at boders. lol. i dun know where else to get this kind of stuff. borders also has Ghost in the Shell so pretty sure they will sell it there rite?

Duke

bloodfalcon said:
i hope they sell it at boders. lol. i dun know where else to get this kind of stuff. borders also has Ghost in the Shell so pretty sure they will sell it there rite?
You could get it at Best Buy (for a cheaper price probably too) or Suncoast/Sam Goody.

Ana

Duke said:
Well, only the special Edition w/shirt has been delayed (meaning there was a problem manufacturing either the shirt or the Puff-pack packaging), the regular edition is still slated to come out this month.
Ah, thanks for the info. It's tempting, but I'll keep waiting up for the special edition.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts