IGPX: "A New Challenge" Talkback (Spoilers)

How many golden laps do you crave?

• 5 golden laps since you only race 5 times.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 golden laps for the number of times normally going around.

• 2 golden laps for the great rivalries that abound.

• Total voters

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
toonami192.jpg
igpx.jpg

Episode 14

On the last episode of IGPX, Team Satomi and Team Velshtine concluded their race for the IG Grand 1 title. It came down to Takashi and Cunningham. They both pushed their pedals to the metal, but takashi was able to win by a nose hair giving his team the championship. Afterwards Takashi was able to learn that his hero had been their coach all season long. With this knowledge, Takashi decided to train more than ever and had the goal set in mind to repeat as the champions.

Tonight Team Satomi begins a new era in the IGPX arena. A new team has arriven, and they are determined to dethrone Satomi as the champions. Likewise old rivals Velshtine and Sledgemama are returning, and both are determined to prove Satomi's win the previous year was a fluke. With new and old rivals aiming solely at the championship title, the question on everyone's mind is can Team Satomi prove last year wasn't a fluke? Toonami's first original series returns tonight, so get ready to start your engines and run them like crazy.

Funkatron

Tension so thick, you can cut it with a knife.

Man, this season is on to a great start.

Cool to see River the new team leader of Sledge Mamma

The Fullmetal

Wow, this show has a lot of profanity for a Cartoon Network original.

I think this is my first time watching IGPX since getting into Lost, so it's really cool when Liz speaks. ;)

The Fullmetal

You know, if they're throwing in profanity, I wonder if they'll throw in a subtle (and I mean REALLY subtle) sex scene with Takeshi and Fantine ala Kira and Fllay? :anime: Yeah, right, CN won't go THAT far.

Hey, it's the music from Toonami's theatrical trailer. And speaking of Toonami music, I hear the Japanese version of IGPX doesn't feel very "Toonami-ish" with its different music.

After hearing all the profanity, it felt wierd to hear Takeshi say, "What the heck?"

Heh, gotta love the next episode's title ("Feeling Lost"). Michelle Rodriguez must love that.

Note from William C. Maune: Post edited for language in violation of the forum FAQ.

KuwabaraTheMan

The Fullmetal said:
You know, if they're throwing in profanity, I wonder if they'll throw in a subtle (and I mean REALLY subtle) sex scene with Takeshi and Fantine ala Kira and Fllay? :anime:

Yeah, right, CN won't go THAT far.

That'd be more action then this show has right now.

Not to mention Edgeraid are as boring and personalityless as ever. You'd think with just 5 rivals over 13 episodes they could actually develop them.

And the 'reaching the top only to start doubting yourselves and fighting amongst each other' is so cliche.

This is almost as bad as the Amy birthday episode.

Funkatron

Loving the Harem angle: All the girls are out to snag Takeshi now.

That EdgeRaid girl is such a masochist and an S&M lover :p

Max from White Snow is freakin cute

Is it me or does Fontine now have competition :p

Zapages

Persian Prince
Oh come on guys... Its not all about the action. If you couldn't figure that out in the first season then I don't know what. Its like soap-opera aka Gundam style with character development in some aspects and good dose of action break melo-drama up.

I found it very enjoyabe. Its happens to all of us and that we become too cocky that leads to our decline eventually we figure it out and rise back on the top. Its journey that is important not the actual goal in the end.

KuwabaraTheMan

Zapages said:
Oh come on guys... Its not all about the action. If you couldn't figure out that out in the first season then I don't know what. Its like soap-opera aka Gundam style with character development in some aspects and good dose of action break melo-drama up.
But there is no character development.

Its just blank space. I love a good character drama. IGPX is not that, though. The characters are all cliches, the 'development' is negligible, and River is basically the only interesting guy on the show.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
KuwabaraTheMan said:

Hey, I liked that episode! Anyway, two curse words in one episode. The "ass" is a favorite term for the IGPX women. It'd be very odd for Amy to say that but she's almost all they have left (minus the sister and the cheerleader). They may have to start putting a disclaimer before the show (This program contains profanity). I personally liked Justice League Unlimited better though. The story seems to be rather okay but not enough plot advancing.

Edit: I like character development as much as, if not more than, the next guy but, though the last season satisfied that in me, this episode was just kind of a refresher and a "hey look we can say ass and crap" episode.

AkirQueen

mr. fahrenheit
Yay new season!

I really like Team White Snow's designs and how they all follow suit with the diamond-theme. And the inside of their mechs looks awesome~ (look for screenshots of the next episode or two and you'll see what I mean)

And this is the first time I've seen Edgeraid race (I missed "Cat vs Dog"). I like the "piano wire" tactic XD

The episode itself was so-so.

And "crap" and "ass" used in the same minute? Oh my.

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
KuwabaraTheMan said:
That'd be more action then this show has right now.

Not to mention Edgeraid are as boring and personalityless as ever. You'd think with just 5 rivals over 13 episodes they could actually develop them.

And the 'reaching the top only to start doubting yourselves and fighting amongst each other' is so cliche.

Since everything seems to be cliche, can you tell us what plot points and character development could be used that wouldn't be cliche?

PickHut

*daydreams*
It was an okay setup episode. I couldn't really find anything that stood out as a great moment, it was a pretty standard IGPX episode.

I give ANC a C.

Juu-kuchi

Everypony's Starry-Eyed
Nice start to the episodes. Personally I thought they'd develop the strains of the relationships later on in this batch of episodes, but it just started. Things are going to be interesting in the next few if this keeps up.

Demonic Raven

It seems the new season is going to be great. Well, it was a great start, anyway.

During the party scene, when Zanak(White Snow's Forward) started to walk toward Takeshi, I was getting goosebumps. Between the surroundings, the tension of the scene, and the music, it was simply great.

Heh, I liked that they slipped in another air sword battle between Takeshi and Cunningham. That was one of the my favorite scenes from season one.

I was worried that this intro episode would be like that last one (ending before the race even begins), but that wasn't the case. We had some decent action between Edgeraid and Satomi.

Edgeraid is one of my personal favorites mech-wise. Slinging foes with wires..slinging allies with wires, too. The next episode preview also showed some new tactics, which should be interesting.

Aw...Bella wants to be Takeshi's Goth Princess. "A couple of earrings and he's be yummy"? Uh....you're pretty....weird. :sweat:

Ooh...both "crap" and "ass" used. Push it to the limit....

Overall, the episode gets 8/10. Good buildup for the new season.

Zapages

Persian Prince
KuwabaraTheMan said:
But there is no character development.

Its just blank space. I love a good character drama. IGPX is not that, though. The characters are all cliches, the 'development' is negligible, and River is basically the only interesting guy on the show.
I remember you hating/critizing the show back when Season 1 was airing. If you're not a fan of the series then don't watch it. If you watch it then enjoy it for what it is.

Cliche the may appear to be. Takeshi is a cocky rookie that got lucky in his first season. He might have hidden talent and such, but he doesn't show his true feelings like today. Amy is the nice simple rich girl that has no one except for the team to be as her family and friends. Liz is the serious one, who shows some feelings about the Team succeeding and has to work hard on what she has become. Plus she is jealous of Takeshi as everything comes easy for him... They have only 26 episodes how much characterization can they pull of with two seaons with the villians. Its enough to give the viewer a general idea what's going on in the show.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts