If they ever decide to bring the Nicktoons movie out of Development Hell, then here's how I think the plot should be.

Eldorado

Basically it would be about a teen who moved to Los Angeles because their single dad got his dream job to work at the Nickelodeon Animation Studios (it's a janitorial job or something but he plans to one day be able to make his own cartoon there because it's been the dad's dream since he saw one of the original 3 Nicktoons as a kid). You know, it's one of those "kid moves to a new town and goes on a fantastical adventure to help them adjust" kind of stories. Anyway, one day the teen meets a new love interest at school, and they decide to use dad's new job to actually go into the Studios after closing hours. There the teen and the love interest find a hidden locked cabinet which is broken into (by breaking the lock) and discover it's full of those old orange VHS tapes from the 90's, and each of the tapes are labeled with a different Nicktoon title. The teen accidentally brings home one of them, and decides to see the tape for themself.

Once the tape starts playing it plays like a normal episode except it's brand new footage, and when the teen starts laughing at it the characters actually notice them, and then they actually escape the TV screen (much to their horror). When the dad comes into their room when he hears the noise, he faints when he sees the Nicktoons that inspired him in the first place in the real world. Once he wakes up, the characters explain that the original studios had a magical artifact built within its walls (that was transfered over to the new and current studios), and its power allows the Nicktoon's world and the characters that live in it to come to life within the form of an orange VHS tape once the show has finished, and permanently stopped production. Once said tape is put into a VHS player, a two-way portal between the real world, and the Nicktoon world opens up within the TV screen, and allows the characters to enter the real world and vise-versa, and only a few people within the studios know of this secret.

I haven't come up with the full detailed plot but over time more and more VHS tapes are played, and more Nicktoon characters all enter the real world, and all do things and team-up together.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts