If I worked at CN/AS/Boomerang: Toonami Edition

VeiledHat

Hi, um, I'm Moxy, and, uh, uh, that's Flea!
I did something like this for Boomerang, now let's see what I do for Toonami.

First of all, I'd move it to Cartoon Network, and allow Jason and Gill to be as brave as they want without causing a S&P issue.

I'd make TOM look more like TOM 2, and Sara look more like Sara 2, with a Spice Girls inspired outfit to emphasize girl power. I'd bring back Sally Timms as Sara too, but if I can't get her, then I'll get Roisin Murphy to voice Sara. The Absolution IV would look like a mix between ships I and II.

Some of the shows I'd acquire the rights to are She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, Sailor Moon Crystal, the Astro Boy reboot, and more. I'd also air the 2016 Powerpuff Girls, maybe Steven Universe, Mighty Magiswords, Adventure Time, Justice League Action, and the dub of Pilot Candidate (since it was originally meant for Toonami on CN, and because times have changed, we can air it.) The only downside is that Dragon Ball Super, Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece (which I will bring back), and Naruto Shippuden have to be censored.

For the TIEs, I'd bring back the online games, and tie them into the on-air parts like The Intruder, so one can understand what's going on even if they don't play the game. One TIE would have Sara going inside TOM's body like in the fifth level of the Trapped in Hyperspace game, but while TOM's insides were metallic in the game, here they're techno-organic.

There would be days when Sara would host the block for TOM and show female-oriented shows. I don't want to get Jason angry, but I think Swarm should be made canon again, so RUBY could return on the block and help out Sara. But I don't want to force Jason, I want to be a good CEO/Creative Director.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
I'd move it to Cartoon Network, and allow Jason and Gill to be as brave as they want without causing a S&P issue.

Wouldn't that be contradictory? Putting it on CN = more restrictions than it being on Adult Swim.
Jason and Gill couldn't be "as brave as they want" if they'll have to acquire shows for younger demographics or edit every older-skewing show that comes their way.

VeiledHat

Maybe CN Toonami could air Cells at Work, but I want to convince the studio who made the anime to add new scenes to the English dub showing who the body belongs to, like Ozzy and Drix. And make sure the body looks like this:
Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 6.00.05 PM.png

But I won't try to force them.

Golden Geek

Gera Gera Po
I had two ideas about this recently, in a world where Toonami still exists on regular Cartoon Network. I put them under a spoiler tag because they are quite long.

#1:

Toonami does not close in 2008 on regular Cartoon Network. The block splits into two portions; a weekday strip from 4pm-6pm and a Saturday night block from 8pm-10pm. the weekday strip is younger-skewing (6-11), carrying Boruto, Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon, and similar shows. (While Boruto is TV-PG-V, similarly to how a PG-rated Naruto ended up on Miguzi, the other three slots are always accompanied by Y7-FV shows. Dragon Ball Super is the Funimation edited dub.)

The Saturday night block contains slightly older content (9-14) in the form of shows like My Hero Academia, Naruto: Shippuden, Black Clover, and Sailor Moon Crystal, all carrying a TV-PG-V rating.

Adult Swim Action is rebranded as the Midnight Run in 2008; for legal reasons with Cartoon Network and the fear of advertising adult content to children, it is not explicitly referred to as a part of Toonami in any official materials but contains TOM and SARA.

Toonami (2008-present):

Beware the Batman
Black Clover
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
Deltora Quest
Dragon Ball Super
Dragon Ball Z Kai
Dr. Stone
Haikyuu!!
Inazuma Eleven
Kekkaishi
Monster Hunter Stories: Ride On
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit
My Hero Academia
Naruto: Shippuden
Pokemon
Pretty Cure
Redakai
Sailor Moon Crystal
Sgt. Frog
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Sym-Bionic Titan
Teen Titans
ThunderCats (2011)
Tiger & Bunny
Toriko

A Month of Miyazaki (2019):

Howl's Moving Castle
Kiki's Delivery Service
Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Caglistro
Porco Rosso

Other movie presentations:

The Boy and the Beast
Naruto: Shippuden: The Movie
Summer Wars

Midnight Run:

Akame ga Kill!
Assassination Classroom
Attack on Titan
Baccano!
The Big O
Black Lagoon
Bleach
Bungou Stray Dogs
BTOOOM!
Blue Exorcist
Casshern Sins
Claymore
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop (uncut, HD)
Deadman Wonderland
Death Note
Death Parade
Demon Slayer
Dimension W
Durarara!!
Eden of the East
Fire Force
FLCL
FLCL Alternative
FLCL Progressive
Food Wars!
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
Gurren Lagann
Hellsing Ultimate
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Inuyasha (HD, uncut)
Inuyasha: The Final Act
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!
Kill la Kill
KonoSuba
Lupin the 3rd Part IV
Lupin the Third Part 5
Made in Abyss
Megalo Box
Michiko & Hatchin
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Advent of the Red Comet
Mob Psycho 100
One Punch Man
Outlaw Star (uncut)
Overlord
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Paranoia Agent
Persona 4: The Animation
Pop Team Epic
The Promised Neverland
Psycho-Pass
Re:ZERO
Samurai 7
Samurai Champloo (HD, uncut)
Samurai Jack (including season 5)
Soul Eater
Space Dandy
Steins;Gate
Sword Art Online
Tenchi Muyo! GXP
Tokyo Ghoul
Uzumaki
Yu Yu Hakusho (uncut)

#2:

Toonami airs once a week, Saturday nights from 8pm-midnight. This later timeslot allows for the block to aim for an older 12-17 demographic, airing TV-PG and some TV-14 action shows. However, this downsizes Adult Swim Action (which does not become the Midnight Run) and removes the younger-skewing shows in this time period.

Toonami #2 (2008-present):

Beware the Batman
Black Clover
Blue Exorcist
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
Demon Slayer
Dragon Ball Super
Dragon Ball Z Kai
Dr. Stone
Gurren Lagann
Haikyuu!!
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Kekkaishi
Mob Psycho 100
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit
My Hero Academia
Naruto: Shippuden
One Punch Man
The Promised Neverland
Sailor Moon Crystal
Samurai Jack (including season 5)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Sym-Bionic Titan
ThunderCats (2011)
Tiger & Bunny

Adult Swim Action #2 (2008-present):

Akame ga Kill!
Attack on Titan
Ballmastrz: 9009
The Big O
Bleach
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop
Deadman Wonderland
Death Note
Durarara!!
Eden of the East
FLCL
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
Harley Quinn
Inuyasha (HD, uncut)
Inuyasha: The Final Act
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Outlaw Star (uncut)
Parasyte -the maxim-
Pop Team Epic
Samurai Champloo (HD, uncut)
Soul Eater
Sword Art Online
Tokyo Ghoul

VeiledHat

Also, for Toonami airing Adventure Time, I'd make my deviantART friend Minami-Kousaka happy and have TOM be attracted to Princess Bubblegum. (Minami ships TOM and PB.)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Dynamics 365 Business Central pricing fits the needs of small and midsize businesses with core business needs. It helps organizations connect their financials, sales, service, and operations. For organizations of any size that have more sophisticated needs, business central offers a variety of applications including Marketing, Sales, Service, Finance, Operations, and Talent.
It looks like San Diego Comic Con will once again be virtual, with the event being held from July 23-25. They hopefully plan to have large, in person conventions in 2022, but it seems like a smaller venue will be held in November. In addition, Wonder Con will be virtual again, and be held from March 26-27.

About Butch Hartman's debacle s an artist recently, the dude is so much better than this. At least it's not something like being accused of something like Sexual harassment but, yeah disappointing to say the least.
I'll have to wait for the home release of the Tom and Jerry movie to watch it, but from what I've seen I like the Kayla character's relationship with Tom. It was nice to see a character befriend him before Jerry for once.
Here's a video from both The Watch Tower Database and Kuro The Artist about Dwayne McDuffie.

Featured Posts